By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: 960k 360's sold during Black Friday Week in U.S

Those are really huge numbers! Those deals - which were awesome, btw - did wonders for MS.
Nintendo should really learn a few things this season. I still don`t understand how there`s no Wii bundle for Zelda... it`s just... i can`t understand.

With these kind of sales, it will probably win Christmas.
One has to wonder if MS will really launch a new console next year, when it`s obvious that MS can and will probably repeat the success it had this year, next year.

Around the Network

I'm skeptical, but this is a win for gamers.
(although it's sales are in part boosted by filthy casuals looking for their next quick fix)

750k kinects?!?? So 80% of all 360s sold were kinected?!?! What the hell man, this doesn't even make any sense.

theprof00 said:
(although it's sales are in part boosted by filthy casuals looking for their next quick fix)

750k kinects?!?? So 80% of all 360s sold were kinected?!?! What the hell man, this doesn't even make any sense.

There are standalone units, not all kinect are sold with 360s, and not all 360s are sold with kinect.

I feel excited to see this crazy sales numbers of XBOX360, but in the meanwhile I feel very disappointed about the black friday preview. The margin of error is toooo big. After the upgrade (split the regions) of this site, I used to believe the sales figure will be more accurate than before. Am I wrong?

However, I still thank the great work for the team behind VGC.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
I am interested to know how they get their numbers.

from NPD.

Just like Nintendo did and Sony have.

Nintendo said what they sold in an earlier press release.  Sony decided not to mention their number.... I think that speaks volumes.

Did they even release a statement? I don't recall.

Ah, so NPD, so it's extrapolated for businesses they can't track, like walmart? I wouldn't be surprised if it's wrong to be honest..sorry i know, haters gunna hate

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:

Skeptical?  lol.  why? 

Btw, the 750k wasnt all bundled, standalone too.

No, I know, but it's roughly the same statement. It's just surprising that the number is so high.

the preview actually got me thinking that the wii might have outsold the 360 over black friday. These numbers are ridiculous. 960k Just in the United States... Will be over 1.2mil WW this week easily. Maybe more considering more places decided to have black friday esque sales around the world this year.

I'm interested in how software did. I'm assuming battlefield 3 and Batman Arkham City got ridiculous boosts this week. Wish skryim's price dropped so it could get a boost.

Those are huge numbers. Massive.

I wonder why VGC was off by so much on the preview.

holy cow! impressive to say the least!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

and for the first time I have to admit... I am impress!

Well done Xbox360... great numbers....

And now fucking get a huge gap from PS3 and put it stable in third place!

Switch!!!