By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Brawl will win against both the 360 and PS3 versions combined, GTA4's sequel will be out around 18-24 months later to cannibalize sales, Brawl's won't be until the next Nintendo system.

Around the Network

As much as I want brawl to win, I'm gonna say it can beat both single platforms, but combined I don't see it happening.

Its not what people say that is offensive, it is how we react to it that determines offense or not- REBT theory of Albert Ellis.

Competing in online FPS since 1999.

Currently own a supreme gaming PC playing CoD4

Currently own a Wii with Mario Party 8, Resident Evil 4, Trauma Center: New Blood, Wii play, Mario Strikers Charged, and Wii sports. Looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Http://www.onlinebrawlcommunity.com    Online Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Series!  Feel free to sign up and chat with fellow smashers using our forums.  Casual competitions (i.e. HomeRun Contest) to come soon!

That's not really you btw lol

Brawl woudl sell more than any single GTA4 but both versions combined I think would sell more.

Unless Brawl does Galaxy numbers, then it's going outsell both combined, but I'm going to be modest with Brawl and expect numbers similar to Melee.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

twesterm said:
MrPickles said:
I'm giving the very slight edge to GTA, at least for the first year or two. GTA games have good legs, but, for comparison, Melee kept on selling from the GC launch right up until very recently (and it still sells at a decent clip, considering it's on a dead console, is 5 years old, and its' sequel comes out next month)

I tried to sell my copy of SSBM at Gamestop a month or two ago and the clerk looked at me like I had just choked a baby. It still actually fetches a nice price (though I didn't sell it, he convinced me not to).

lol, glad you didn't, after all, you need some way to train while you're waiting for Brawl to come out. Plus, lets face it, i went to gamestop and a used copy of smash bros melee was going for $35, I walk back over to Best Buy down the street and a brand new copy of Smash Bros Melee was only $30. i just couldn't understand how they could do that.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

GTA4

GTAIV, it has so much hype behing it.

I think that in the long run brawl will win. Since brawl's released earlier than Gta4 it'll take the early sells lead, and by the end of the year both should be comparable. However by the time the announcement of Gta5 hits the sells of Gta4 may get a slight jump but fall greatly once new information about Gta5 is given. SSBB on the other hand most likely won't have a sequel waiting in the wing for it. It will most likely maintain sells due to new Wii owners, hesitant people tempted by price cuts etc.

I see GTA having the advantage in terms of how well previous series have sold. I see it having problems because of nintendo's rising popularity, and the hype that is being generated for Brawl, as well as the possibility that many people won't see many significant improvements over GTA3.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

gta4 is gona be a monster. nothing is gona come close. it should beat halo 3 in overall sales, while ssbb wont get close.

that said, ssbb all the way. go smash.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.