By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

GTAIV by a lot. I can't believe some people honestly think SSBB will sell more, LOL.

Around the Network

Are we really going to count GTAIV's total sales by adding up the ps3/360 sales? That doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

if we look at history, GTA4 is the clear choice. but with the wii's popularity and the massive hype for SSBB (plus the advantage of japanese sales) combined with the fact that GTA doesn't have a ps2 sized userbase to sell to this time, i think it could go either way.

i'm gonna be safe though and say GTA4 will sell more.

I actually think Brawl has more hype than GTA this time. Both will sell huge, both will have huge legs.

A) GTA is on 2 platforms.
B) Brawl is on the Wii, which will likely be selling a lot over the next few years, and Brawl will be one of the top few must-haves.

Therefore, I'm just gonna go with Brawl. I think the legs on it will keep it selling for a long time, and I have a feeling GTA4 will actually undersell expectations. Don't really base that on much, just a hunch.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I love Nintendo and Smash series, but I don't think SSBB won't outsell GTAIV. I chose GTA because I combined the sales of both platforms.

Maybe you should have made it clear if we should add both versions or not.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

I don't buy Internet hype as an indicator of how well a game is going to sell. I mean look at Zack and Wiki, it actually got a fair amount of internet hype (more than many other smaller games) and it sold nowhere near what some people were expecting. No More Heroes is getting a fair amount of Internet hype because the Wii's third party lineup is weak so it stands out but at the end of the day it's not going to do well (compared to many other games that have gotten far less forum discussion time here and elsewhere).

Add that to how successful some multiplatform games are this generation that don't have any kind of legacy like GTA4. Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed for instance have done very well, imagine what they would have done with 14 million and 15 million sellers behind them.

Legend11 said:
GTAIV by a lot. I can't believe some people honestly think SSBB will sell more, LOL.

This doesn't necessarily mean anything, because of the the PS2's astronomical user-base, but Melee had a much higher attach rate on 'Cube than GTA3 on PS2,

Want to make a ban bet then?

I'll bet opening week sales for GTAIV will be more than SSBB  (WW, North America, Europe - you choose).

I'll bet 3 month sales of GTAIV will be more than SSBB (WW, North America, Europe - you choose).

I'll bet 6 month sales of GTAIV will be more than SSBB (WW, North America, Europe - you choose).

etc...

The only place I'm unwilling to bet about is Japan because Western games sell poorly there.

Legend11 said:
I don't buy Internet hype as an indicator of how well a game is going to sell. I mean look at Zack and Wiki, it actually got a fair amount of internet hype (more than many other smaller games) and it sold nowhere near what some people were expecting. No More Heroes is getting a fair amount of Internet hype because the Wii's third party lineup is weak so it stands out but at the end of the day it's not going to do well (compared to many other games that have gotten far less forum discussion time here and elsewhere).

Add that to how successful some multiplatform games are this generation that don't have any kind of legacy like GTA4. Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed for instance have done very well, imagine what they would have done with 14 million and 15 million sellers behind them.

Yes, but we're not talking about third party hype, we're talking about a Nintendo game for the Wii, and it's unquestionably (by any measure) the most wanted and hyped game for the system.  Mario Galaxy got lots of hype but people clamor for Smash Bros.  And Mario Galaxy is still selling well...I wouldn't underestimate Brawl.

I think it'll be a close race. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

lets make a ban bet then.