By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This should be a WW bet, it's not fair to exclude regions.

And I'd prefer a 6 month bet, because that's when I think SSBB will pass GTA. I do expect GTA to outsell it at first...I've been talking about the game's long legs though. A quick burst of sales with the 360 and PS3? Yeah I think it'll undoubtedly outsell Brawl at first...within a half year though? It's possible for SSBB to pass it I think.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

GTAIV will cream SSBB

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I'll go that Xbox 360 version COULD outsell Brawl, but not the PS3 version. Combined they win of course.

360 has the casual audience that loves GTA series (pre-teens)

Sounds good WW bet.. 6 months after the release of both games we'll tally up the numbers. Whoever loses is banned based on how much one game has outsold the other. For example if GTAIV outsells SSBB by 1 million then it's a one week ban, 2 million, 2 week ban, etc...

I'm willing to make that ban bet with anyone that has a post count above 200.

I will take a 4-month ban bet--that is, I will bet that Brawl will have outsold GTA (both platforms) WW after 4 months.

Around the Network

Ok....so what good are ban bets anyway....everytime someone here gets banned they set up a separate account to continue posting. Some even bounce back and forth with regularity between these accounts.

I think the Gift Exchange is a better form of better....put VC content on the line or PSN downloads.

Ok, I'll bet you MrPickles :)

Where is John Lucas?? Get him here, have him make the prediction.

I can't bet, because my post count is lesser than 100. SSBB will win GTA4 in 3months, 6months, 12months and lifetime WW. GTA4 has no chance whether combined or not.

Prediction: SSBB will have lifetime 20million and above. And will be the best selling Mario game in Wii. (N64 was Mario64, GC was Mario Kart, Wii will be SSBB)

WW Market share prediction on 31st March 08 (I make this prediction on 13 Dec 07):

Wii - 50%

X360 - 30%

PS3 - 20%

@Etecon: I would bet that stuff, but I don't have a credit card, so I wouldn't be able to pay up if I lost. Any other ideas?

@Clouette: I wouldn't call Smash a 'Mario' game any more than I would call it a Pokemon game or a Fire Emblem game. I agree with you on the sales, though.

SSBB will be more fun that gta 4

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!