By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kasz216 said:

There is a difference between sell well and sell 10 Million +.

Just curious though... how many "Hardcore" people who play games do you think exist in the world?

Like give me an exact number and we'll see how far our numbers are off. I'll let you know that I think there are below 10 million hardcore. I'd put the number more towards 5 million, and that's including people like hardcore JRPG fans who won't look at another game unless it has turn based menu based battles.

5 million is a bit to low i think there might be 10 million hardcore players in the world that only play console games and then another 2 million hardcore that play pc games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

SSBB, I believe both games will sell over 10 million but Nintendo games usually have longer legs while Wii has a bigger install base too.

^well for now wii has a smaller userbase then ps3+360

Brawl will be good... but it has NOTHING on GTA4

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Jessman said:
Brawl will be good... but it has NOTHING on GTA4

are you talking about quality if so i think you are wrong

Around the Network

gta 4 will never be near SSBB if we're talking about sells. it has strong legs(which doesn't have gta) and it will be a type of game every wii owner must have(same as sports, kart, galaxy and maybe fit). gta sa sold only 16mln copies on ps2 which has about 120mln units shipped so how the hell it could outsell SSBB(even combined with x360 sales) when there is only about 10mln ps3s(and 17 360s?

Difficult one..

GTA doesn't interest me at the moment but it is possible that I will enjoy the game very much maybe more than Brawl but if I could choose with game I could play now I would definitely go for Brawl.

u kidding me?! i am looking forward to GTA4!! i rly want the game!! SSBB ofcourse is a must on the wii, but come on, GTA 4 is gonna sell like candy. its much more popular and is gonna boost PS3 sales. now maybe SSBB can compete considering japan hates american games. So it could be close, but combined sales of GTA on both 360 an PS3 is probabely gonna outsell SSBB by quite alot.

And personally i loved GTA 3 and is my favourite GTA, so this one i'm rly lookin forward to. but still SSBB is the ultimate multiplayer experience, u never get bored with it! both for different reasons i must own!!!

GTA IV will get owned in japan
or is this thread WW?
in that case it still will get owned

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If we anyalyse this, and pretend not to be dim as ducks.

GTA SA sales for Ps2: 0.4M in Japan out of a base of 21M. You can really forget getting any sales from there, so it's + 2 Brawl here.

GTA SA sales for Ps2: 6.6M. As there are now less than 10M Ps3+ 360 sold in Europe, I doubt it will sell more than 2-3M here. Brawl, will be likely to sell how much? Hmm, 1M SSBM out of less than 5M, and the series had a big bump from the original. Currently the Wii has 6.5M in Europe, and it will have 7 within the time. There will also be extra hype, due to it comming out late, so I guess it has a shot at 2M. So about 500K + GTA 4 here.

NA. Here the bases are 14M to 9M. Smash sold 4M here, out of a 10M base. By the time Brawl is out, the base might be up to 10M here too, so let's say 4-5 ish. GTA did roughly 2/3 of its sales here, so we can assume 5-6M at least, I'd say 6M. That's 1500K + GTA 4 here.

To sum it up: it's close, as everybody knew, I didn't find out anything.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS