By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

GTA 4 all the way but smash brothers will end up being the top selling none bundled game on the wii tho.

Around the Network

GTAIV will win in the beginning but in the long haul, SSBB wiill pull it out

Oyvoyvoyv said:
If we anyalyse this, and pretend not to be dim as ducks.

GTA SA sales for Ps2: 0.4M in Japan out of a base of 21M. You can really forget getting any sales from there, so it's + 2 Brawl here.

GTA SA sales for Ps2: 6.6M. As there are now less than 10M Ps3+ 360 sold in Europe, I doubt it will sell more than 2-3M here. Brawl, will be likely to sell how much? Hmm, 1M SSBM out of less than 5M, and the series had a big bump from the original. Currently the Wii has 6.5M in Europe, and it will have 7 within the time. There will also be extra hype, due to it comming out late, so I guess it has a shot at 2M. So about 500K + GTA 4 here.

NA. Here the bases are 14M to 9M. Smash sold 4M here, out of a 10M base. By the time Brawl is out, the base might be up to 10M here too, so let's say 4-5 ish. GTA did roughly 2/3 of its sales here, so we can assume 5-6M at least, I'd say 6M. That's 1500K + GTA 4 here.

To sum it up: it's close, as everybody knew, I didn't find out anything.

I would say higher in Europe for GTA, AC and CoD have sold about 2.5m each, and there will be price drops before launch, boosting sales

I think brawl will draw more 'hardcore'' fans to the wii, and expect it to sell better the GTA on either of the other formats, but I'd be surprised if GTA didn't outsell it overall.

Munkey, you're right. I actually underestimated Brawl too, it will sell more than 2M, SMG is at 1.7M and counting. Remember, Europe is leg land.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Munkey, you're right. I actually underestimated Brawl too, it will sell more than 2M, SMG is at 1.7M and counting. Remember, Europe is leg land.

I didn't look at the SSBB sales in Europe because I am not in a position of knowledge, but the legs thing is right, most of the graphs I have been looking at have shown US sales taking the lead at first and then Europe taking over the lead. Of course, games rarely have legs in Japan, apart from those supply constrained and the occasional exception

I think the key thing to look at is the proliferation of the sandbox genre that GTA started. GTA3 was the first experience for a lot of gamers on sandbox and now there are so many of them everywhere that it will have diluted the experience. All the Oblivion/Godfather/etc/etc I believe will have satisfied some of the desire for another GTA.

@ darconi, GTA is the pinnacle of sandbox gaming, and will be better than the rest

I think he's saying that sandbox gaming is rather dilluted, while the fighter genre is somewhat empty. That would help SSBB.

However, I see GTAIV getting the most sales. Free headline advertising from alarmist media will push it ove the edge.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

GTA4

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)