By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Comprehensive list of AAA third party Wii games and sales analysis

@bmmb1
Good point. I guess now my only disagreement is that Rol seems to look down upon the use of AAA in reference to a game's quality instead of a publisher's investment into the title succeeding(?). Separate yet equal meanings. I like it. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

LOL to anyone who thinks Tvs.C was AAA. I love the game, but it didnt get anywhere near the attention, ads or coverage of SF4. SF4 cost more to make as well. AA at best

RolStoppable said:
MRKs said:
Interesting topic, I never understood the definition of AAA and like you said I always thought AAA means quality.
Kind of Off topic, but what about Fragile Dreams? Do you know the budget? I can't say if this was marketed or not because in my country there is no ads for games no matter what game is.

Fragile Dreams' production values weren't particularly high and it was barely advertised. It's a surprise that it was released outside of Japan at all.

I thought Fragile Dreams was a decent game (7/10).

Thought it had better graphics than most Wii games and the voice acting was pretty good to. I'd say its in the upper 3rd of production costs for Wii software.

As someone said, what about Mario and Sonic in the Olympic games? Was that game well advertised? It was definitely more of an effort to make a good exclusive game than most other Wii 3rd party games.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

RolStoppable said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
As someone said, what about Mario and Sonic in the Olympic games? Was that game well advertised? It was definitely more of an effort to make a good exclusive game than most other Wii 3rd party games.

The advertising was certainly there, what I am pondering is the size of the development budget, because that one didn't seem to be any bigger than those of the countless Mario Party games. It's more like a well advertised A game.

But this is the common theme of this thread. There really aren't many games where you can say with absolute certainty that it is a AAA title.

At least they got the licensing from the International Olympics Comitee, whatever that's worth. I don't think any other game had it.

You're certainly right in that there are few 3rd party games on Wii that we can say are definitely AAA, when, if we were talking about HD consoles, we could give ten examples without having the slightest doubt.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

AAA and the wii, Zelda should be the only one lol, really though that's what I would guess oh ya and Mario of course.

blkfish92 said:
AAA and the wii, Zelda should be the only one lol, really though that's what I would guess oh ya and Mario of course.

Title says third party.

What's worrying is that you could only think of those games with Nintendo as an option. :P

Troll_Whisperer said:
blkfish92 said:

Title says third party.

What's worrying is that you could only think of those games with Nintendo as an option. :P

The wii just dissapoints me lol, it's hard for me to picture AAA and wii in same sentence, but that's just me being an idiot don't mind it!

This thread is lacking a surprising amount of The Conduit.

It had HUGE hype as THE FPS for the Wii, and decent development costs behind it. I would say high development costs, but I'm questioning the ability of High Voltage software to have mustered enough, even with whatever amount of backing it got from Sega.

Obviously the game came out as mediocre, but the hype and costs behind it clearly makes it at least an attempt to make it AAA.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:

A lot of people prefer Tatsunoko vs. Capcom over Street Fighter IV, I would think it's AAA, especially since it's a major Japanese title which did see WW sales (Unlike XenoBlade).

Also those Music games are still high budget are they not?

As for Okami, port or not, the game itself on PS2 was a AAA game and disolved Clover____ Studios because they ran out of $$$, and it didn't sell as well as they needed it to.

How much you or others like a game doesn't matter.

I guess all the licensed songs in these games don't come cheap, so they could be quite expensive games to make, even though the rest isn't anything special. I'd still like to see a confirmation of how much licensing songs costs before I put these games on the list.

It doesn't matter what Okami was on the PS2, only what it is on Wii counts. And that's a low budget project, because the port was done by a few people in less than a year. There's also the lack of marketing.

Well Okami is still a AAA port then.

Anyway, I noticed Red Steel made your list, but not Red Steel 2. Why is that?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results