By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Comprehensive list of AAA third party Wii games and sales analysis

Your list is 4 too many.

DQ10 shouldn't count until it's released.

Around the Network

3rd party AAA for the Wii? hahaha...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

What saddens me a is that a lot of third party companies when the Wii was in its prime (there will never be a such a monster sales console both hardware and especially software-wise) made an obscene amount of money with their shitty c tier games and pathetic tests, yet they never gave an honest chance to the console. 

Resident Evil case is so blatant, some Nintendo fans have Stockholm syndrome with Capcom.

Good list, I don't completely agree over Red steel, it it was really an AAA game, it shows brilliantly how incompetent was Ubisoft or how incompetent Nintendo was with their dev kits.
Maybe some EA sports games like Madden, Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods could be considered AAA.

Yup, it's quite sad when you can count the number of AAA titles on one hand (or foot if you prefer that).

Around the Network

While that's not really the point of this thread, I would include in that list (as freebs2 mentioned) the first motion plus Tiger Woods game (Tiger Woods 10). It was by all reports very well done, was by far the superior version (besides the excellent M+ support it had way more courses and a disc golf game included), and from what I recall was well marketed.

And same as freebs2 I am not sure I would include Red Steel in this extra long (...) list.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Am I the only person who felt that Red Steel was absolute crap?Also, I don't know that I agree with your definition of AAA.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

What about Sonic Colors, isn't that also an AAA-game, because I saw alot of commercials of it when it was released.

Interesting topic, I never understood the definition of AAA and like you said I always thought AAA means quality.
Kind of Off topic, but what about Fragile Dreams? Do you know the budget? I can't say if this was marketed or not because in my country there is no ads for games no matter what game is.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

I'd say Just Dance 2 was an AAA title as well when it comes to publisher focus. And perhaps GoldenEye 007 should count too. MadWorld also had a decent advertizing budget and lots of hype. The game itself was extremely low budget though (probably below PS2 levels) so I'd understand not to include it.