By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC + Wii) is now the best selling Zelda title ever - CELEBRATION!!!!

TP is a great game, but sold so well probably because of lack of competition

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Lord_Yggdrassil said:
Celebration? there should be a protest. TP is a disgrace.

Ocarina of Time FOR LIFE!! Also 3DS OoT sales should be counted port/remake or not.

Quiet Fool! We don't appreciate you TP haters. OoT is a ok at best TP is serperior and deserves the sales.

Also your opinion card has been provoked

I love TP.  TP is great...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Congratulations to one of the best games ever. TP is an amazing game, everything was crafted with so many details that even when I beat it for a second time the feeling was pretty much the same. I love Oot though, and I still consider OoT the best zelda yet. I have great hopes for Skyward sword, every video, new detail, new leak (even though I am constantly avoiding any spoilers) are giving me this feeling of best zelda ever...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Well it is complicated...

I am sure OOT 3DS can be escluded from OOT original total sales in the same way that Mario 64Ds is a different game from original Mario 64.

I am sure we need to esclude The Legend of Zelda collection gamecube promo disc as we do not accumulate the sales of Mario All Star to the total of each individual game sales.

However, Virtual Console sales will need to be added to the original games since they are unchanged.

So unless OOF sold lots on Wii virtual console. Twilight is the Best Selling Zelda Game ever (or will be next week) yes!

Switch!!!

Not yet im sure the virtual console version did enough to keep it on top. Though I like Twilight princess much better.

Around the Network

well in 2009 I think ocarina did this much. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the (Nintendo, N64) - $2,300,000 ($10.00) though I dont feel like dividing or whatever to get a rough number

http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1071420p1.html

nice one.
thanks!

Switch!!!

...and it doesn't deserve it.

Heck, I like Okami better than this game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

fedfed said:
Well it is complicated...

I am sure OOT 3DS can be escluded from OOT original total sales in the same way that Mario 64Ds is a different game from original Mario 64.

I am sure we need to esclude The Legend of Zelda collection gamecube promo disc as we do not accumulate the sales of Mario All Star to the total of each individual game sales.

However, Virtual Console sales will need to be added to the original games since they are unchanged.

So unless OOF sold lots on Wii virtual console. Twilight is the Best Selling Zelda Game ever (or will be next week) yes!

Nope. OoT was single platform. IF you want dual platform then make it more specific. OoT is the best selling zelda game. End of.

Also to the guy who quoted me.....i'm no fool. I can see what TP was. Average Zelda game, great dungeons, poor sidequests, poor story, lack of evolution and really outdated mechanics. A rather ugly artstyle too with annoying chracterds and piss easy difficulty.

---

amp316 said:
...and it doesn't deserve it.

Heck, I like Okami better than this game.

I know a lot of people who liked Okami beter. It was far superior to TP. The wolf Segments in TP were an absolute joke, really tedious in the game too.

---