By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC + Wii) is now the best selling Zelda title ever - CELEBRATION!!!!

What a better way to celebrate Zelda's 25th anniversary than with good news?

Yeah, that's right, according to Vgchartz data, the much loved Ocarina of Time has finally been dethroned by the latest Zelda.

Twilight Princess on Wii Sold: 6,040,359

Twilight Princess on Gamecube Sold: 1,559,844

That makes a grand total of: 7,600,203

Ocarina of Time Sold: 7,599,240

If you are coming here to say that Ocarina got multiple re-releases, it was 2 versions, etc... I politely ask you to leave this thread.

Congratulations Twilight Princess, you indeed deserve it, now that Skyward Sword is finally coming, we can all agree that people will finally praise Twilight Princess as the masterpiece it is, given all the future hate will move directly to Skyward Sword.

Around the Network

nice!

i wonder if SS will beat TP but guess we have to wait

also i hate the stupid "survival" add on this site! i mean why does it have to have sound on? i can't navigate the site without worrying about turning it off all the time! so F-ing annoying!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Its completely unfair to count the wii port of twilight princess and not count the gamecube, wii, and 3ds port of Ocarina of Time regardless of you telling people not to comment about that.

Overtracked

enrageorange said:

Its completely unfair to count the wii port of twilight princess and not count the gamecube, wii, and 3ds port of Ocarina of Time regardless of you telling people not to comment about that.

The point is, those were re-releases years later, or remakes-upadated versions, while the GC version was released along the Wii version.

Around the Network

Congrats to Twilight Princess! Hopes the best for Skyward Sword!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

enrageorange said:

No it's not.  They were the same game and came out at roughly the same, and I guarantee you that less than 1% of people bought both versions.  With Ocarina, they came out years apart, and the 3DS version was a complete remake.  It would not surprise me if 90% of OoT3D buyers already owned both previous versions of the game.

To put it another way, it is no different than how we say the latest Call of Duty sold 20 million copies--that is combining the sales of all platforms it released on.  However, we don't combine the sales of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and its upgraded, years-later remake, because they are separate products.

@OP: Well, you're clearly wrong, because the Internet told me that Wii can't sell hardcore games.  Unless the N64 couldn't either.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Interesting observation, I finally got a copy of this game, and yesterday beat the first boss ^_^
Productivity these days will plummet.

I would like to know what is the correct sles amount, but now all we have is Vgcartz,so celebration is in order

Congratulations to Twilight Princess! Malstron must be really happy with this!!