Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC + Wii) is now the best selling Zelda title ever - CELEBRATION!!!!

nice one.
thanks!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

...and it doesn't deserve it.

Heck, I like Okami better than this game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

fedfed said:
Well it is complicated...

I am sure OOT 3DS can be escluded from OOT original total sales in the same way that Mario 64Ds is a different game from original Mario 64.

I am sure we need to esclude The Legend of Zelda collection gamecube promo disc as we do not accumulate the sales of Mario All Star to the total of each individual game sales.

However, Virtual Console sales will need to be added to the original games since they are unchanged.

So unless OOF sold lots on Wii virtual console. Twilight is the Best Selling Zelda Game ever (or will be next week) yes!

Nope. OoT was single platform. IF you want dual platform then make it more specific. OoT is the best selling zelda game. End of.

Also to the guy who quoted me.....i'm no fool. I can see what TP was. Average Zelda game, great dungeons, poor sidequests, poor story, lack of evolution and really outdated mechanics. A rather ugly artstyle too with annoying chracterds and piss easy difficulty.

---

amp316 said:

I know a lot of people who liked Okami beter. It was far superior to TP. The wolf Segments in TP were an absolute joke, really tedious in the game too.

---

Lord_Yggdrassil said:
fedfed said:
Well it is complicated...

I am sure OOT 3DS can be escluded from OOT original total sales in the same way that Mario 64Ds is a different game from original Mario 64.

I am sure we need to esclude The Legend of Zelda collection gamecube promo disc as we do not accumulate the sales of Mario All Star to the total of each individual game sales.

However, Virtual Console sales will need to be added to the original games since they are unchanged.

So unless OOF sold lots on Wii virtual console. Twilight is the Best Selling Zelda Game ever (or will be next week) yes!

Nope. OoT was single platform. IF you want dual platform then make it more specific. OoT is the best selling zelda game. End of.

Also to the guy who quoted me.....i'm no fool. I can see what TP was. Average Zelda game, great dungeons, poor sidequests, poor story, lack of evolution and really outdated mechanics. A rather ugly artstyle too with annoying chracterds and piss easy difficulty.

Nope, he's right. He doesn't need to be more specific. TP released multi-plat, it's a given. OOT was released single plat. Logically, and normally, you'll add the sales for the multi-plat release and can't really for a single-plat one (it's kind of impossible). But later re-releases shouldn't count in the comparison because of the double-buy eventuality of lost copies and what-have-you. TP sold more than OOT by all non-retarded calculations, it's a fact.

Regarding your distaste for fundamental aspects of TP, I see where you're coming from. But it doesn't change the fact that the game is gorgeous even years later. If you don't think so, well I'd say you're fussy. Of course it's not HD, but it's still very pleasing to the eye. Of course there are some art choices I don't like as you do (characters), still the game is purty.

Around the Network

Woot Woot!

amp316 said:

Pfff hater

Also, like 95% of the Zelda TP haters, as soon as Skyward Sword releases, Twilight Princess becomes the best game and ever and Skyward Sword sucks until Zelda WiiU arrives.

morenoingrato said:
amp316 said:

Pfff hater

Also, like 95% of the Zelda TP haters, as soon as Skyward Sword releases, Twilight Princess becomes the best game and ever and Skyward Sword sucks until Zelda WiiU arrives.

Yeah, I can see this happening. Most Zelda fans can be quite silly.

Like you who hated Skyward Sword because of its artstyle. Now you've built a shrine for it.

Or Khuutra who thinks that Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are really Zelda games. amp316 always says that handhelds are not his thing and the DS pseudo-Zelda games certainly give him right.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

amp316 said:

You say it like Okami is some half baked wanna-be, when the game is amazing in itself.

I mean, last year in the 50 Favorite Games event... I think I had TP and Okami seperated by like... two poisitons (and both in my top 20). I like Twilight Princess a tad more though.

RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:
amp316 said:

Pfff hater

Yeah, I can see this happening. Most Zelda fans can be quite silly.

Like you who hated Skyward Sword because of its artstyle. Now you've built a shrine for it.

Or Khuutra who thinks that Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are really Zelda games. amp316 always says that handhelds are not his thing and the DS pseudo-Zelda games certainly give him right.

I was blind and wrong, the trailer was a disaster and the demo was boring.
***Makes a bigger shrine for Zelda***