By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it just me? (shooters)

one i played recently and really enjoyed was Singularity

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
chris.m95 said:
Classic_Gamer said:

Uncharted is the best game this Gen how could you not like it.

I dunno i want to like it and it looks really good on the videos but when i play it i can never get into it :(

I used to think Uncharted was just an OK game, but it really grew on me, the story and the characters in the 2nd game is what did it for me.

Not just you.
Shooters, in general, are okay. But FPS games are dominant, and of those, I don't care for anything beyond UT2004. The stuff today is boring and generic.

wilco said:
If your talking FPS, then I agree. Games like COD, Battlefield, Homefront, Crysis, they are all starting to seem exactly the same. Even something like Rage which looks different, still feels like the same tired mechanics.

This is why I prefer shooters of the third person variety. Gears doesn't feel like uncharted and uncharted doesn't feel like red dead. There is more variety in TPS.

pretty much this, I think this is why I prefer TPS over FPS...the only FPS that seems a little different is Killzone as its control scheme is unlike any shooter out.

I agree. COD and Battlefield are the same thing to me. The exact goddamn thing. But if you compare Uncharted 3 and GoW3, being TPS, they are completely different. Also Open world shooters like Fallout, Rage, Dead Island and Boderlands are way more interesting. I honest to god do not know what the hell people see in COD. It is the same shit over and over and over and over again. I've played MW1, World at war, MW2, and black ops. It is the same goddamn thing o_o I never played battlefield but it doesn't look anymore unique nor appealing than COD.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I like resistance 3's campaign, until you reach New York anyway. Then it turns into the same old assault/defend cycle over and over again as all other shooters. Luckily having access to lots of unique weapons keeps the game interesting. I find shooters where you are limited to 2 weapons at a time pretty boring.
2 fps games a year is enough for me.

Military Shooters are getting boring but their multiplayer is usually very fun. Just played Battlefield 3 campaign and it looked good but plain boring.

Cirio said:
chris.m95 said:
Cirio said:

Disagree. Uncharted, Gears,Halo and Mass Effect give me enough variation to enjoy the genre. You need to stop playing military shooters.

I never liked uncharted and im a PS3 person. i love resistance because its different

You never liked Uncharted and you're a PS3 person? Is this some kind of paradox?

That's what I'm trying to figure out!

Not at all dude. They're all very different in gameplay.

CoD and Battlefield aren't that similar besides the setting, then there's Halo, Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted, Gears, etc.

I can see how you'd just be bored of shooting games, but it isn't because games are "all the same"

I agree. Shooters have evolved but the RPG element in them is still weak and undeveloped.

I skip most single player shooters nowadays.