By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it just me? (shooters)

I kind of agree. I just finished Killzone 3. Quick playthrough, on Veteran, and I must say...

WORST GAME EVER!!! wtf happened to this series??? Where has the epicness and (sort of) uniqueness from Killzone 2 gone???

My biggest let down in gaming history... Felt very generic compared to KZ2...

Around the Network
Cirio said:

Disagree. Uncharted, Gears,Halo and Mass Effect give me enough variation to enjoy the genre. You need to stop playing military shooters.

This.

I never liked FPS games... and I don't like Uncharted either.

I think the only "shooter" I've played on PS3 is Vanquish... it's the only one I like... for now :P maybe Binary Domain will be the second :P They're both TPS though, not FPS.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

FPS is too slow on the consoles, play them on a pc and you will know what im talkin about. but then again if you have noticed pc shooters if they are not different will not get sales. halo on pc didnt sell well at all and halo 2 bombed badly. multiplayer maps are way too big for pc players to get into. now in the game counterstrike which is still bein played on the pc by millions of people it failed on consoles cause of the slow turn by using the joystick instead of somethin that is more faster and more accurate like a mouse.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Cirio said:

Disagree. Uncharted, Gears,Halo and Mass Effect give me enough variation to enjoy the genre. You need to stop playing military shooters.

well i was going to agree with the op but i think GEARS Halo and Mass Sffect are very different then alot of shooters. UC is not a shooter but thats why its different. all 4 of the games listed have different play styles which make them very different the many of todays shooters.

KZ, Vanqusih, LFD, and Resistance are also shooters that are not like any other. there are many other shooters that are there own game but to many of them try to replicate COD and they fail and fall hard while trying to find there own identity.

in the end you don't want the clones and your getting tierd of the original, but op your only half right.

Around the Network

my thing is and the reason why i love TPS over FTP is because theres so much more you can do in a TP perspective that has yet to be done in FP. not thats not to say it can't be done but considering it hasn't been done it does make you wonder.

i'm looking forward to The Syndicate as it seems to offer a verity of elements, but on that note to many shooters in the future won't have any verity.

the Darkness (FPS)from what i've seen with its executions and darkness powers is just another element that makes it different from the pack. check them out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuQZciNOXg4

Binary Domain, and Overstrike(TPS) are the last 2 shooters i expect to be different from the rest for sometime but i could be wrong. once again op your mostly right but there is that very small percentage of shooters that can be a cut above the rest.

i don't know what new shooter guerrilla games is working on but i hope it doesn't fill like KZ or the rest of these big budget shooters.

You probably play way too much so you ruined it for yourself.

VGKing said:

I'm agreeing with VGKing, I had the same problem during 2010, just go and play other game genres for a while and come back to shooters when one you REALLY want to play comes out

VGKing said:

I actually only have MAG, resistance and SOCOM and their all special in their own way but when i go to friends or they come to mine all we ever play is COD, BF and Halo and just from that i have grown bored of them (i have never owned a COD, BF or halo game in my life and rarely play them but their sooo lame. 

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Console shooters have always, for the most part, been pretty awful. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Halo and CoD4 were standout examples in a genre filled with mediocrity.

Go play Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Quake and Unreal and tell me they're all the same game.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective