By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it just me? (shooters)

wilco said:
If your talking FPS, then I agree. Games like COD, Battlefield, Homefront, Crysis, they are all starting to seem exactly the same. Even something like Rage which looks different, still feels like the same tired mechanics.

This is why I prefer shooters of the third person variety. Gears doesn't feel like uncharted and uncharted doesn't feel like red dead. There is more variety in TPS.

TPS is better but even then i can seem to get repetative but FPS are definately the same

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network
chris.m95 said:
chocoloco said:
Totally disagree as a person who primarily plays shooters. There are open world shooters, military shooters, arcade (halo style ) shooters, gears of war type third person shooter, Uncharted action based shooters, Mass Effect RPG style shooters, competive only shootes (MAG), platforming shooters (Ratchet and Clank).

So no I compleatly think there is a ton of variety.

@ Rol I was banned for a similar comment like that years ago, but of course you wouldn't.

even then they still seem the same to me. I love resistance and MAG but things like COD, rage, BF, crysis just seem exactly the same dont you have that?

I agree that there are a lot of military shooters that all look the same, but rage has open world, vehicle combat and rpg elements. While crysis has cloak and shields that make it unique. Crysis 1 is different and very open while Crysis 2 is more like a military shooter. So I agree there are too many military shooters that try to copy COD. 

I'm getting sick of shooters, only the poorly designed and generic shooters that still sell millions though. It's not because it's a bad genre, it's just the genre is flooded with bad, yet still popular, games.

I'm still getting MW3 and Battlefield 3 though, they look excellent.

chocoloco said:
chris.m95 said:
chocoloco said:
Totally disagree as a person who primarily plays shooters. There are open world shooters, military shooters, arcade (halo style ) shooters, gears of war type third person shooter, Uncharted action based shooters, Mass Effect RPG style shooters, competive only shootes (MAG), platforming shooters (Ratchet and Clank).

@ Rol I was banned for a similar comment like that years ago, but of course you wouldn't.

even then they still seem the same to me. I love resistance and MAG but things like COD, rage, BF, crysis just seem exactly the same dont you have that?

I agree that there are a lot of military shooters that all look the same, but rage has open world, vehicle combat and rpg elements. While crysis has cloak and shields that make it unique. Crysis 1 is different and very open while Crysis 2 is more like a military shooter. So I agree there are too many military shooters that try to copy COD. 

i think COD ruined shooters forever :(

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

chris.m95 said:
Cirio said:

Disagree. Uncharted, Gears,Halo and Mass Effect give me enough variation to enjoy the genre. You need to stop playing military shooters.

I never liked uncharted and im a PS3 person. i love resistance because its different

Uncharted is the best game this Gen how could you not like it.

Around the Network
Classic_Gamer said:
chris.m95 said:
Cirio said:

Disagree. Uncharted, Gears,Halo and Mass Effect give me enough variation to enjoy the genre. You need to stop playing military shooters.

I never liked uncharted and im a PS3 person. i love resistance because its different

Uncharted is the best game this Gen how could you not like it.

I dunno i want to like it and it looks really good on the videos but when i play it i can never get into it :(

PSN addy - mrx95

chris.m95 said:
chocoloco said:
chris.m95 said:
chocoloco said:

i think COD ruined shooters forever :(

Well I love the game, but hate activision. Own them all since 4, but always bought them used. It will not be forever though because the industry changes all the time, even if it is slow. Platformers used too rule the industry, but now it is shooters. It is really impossible to predict what the future holds, but I can gurantee it will not be like this forever.

cant wait for the day

PSN addy - mrx95

I just don't care so much for guns or shooting stuff. Though in some games it's fun, like GTA or Uncharted.

But I'm definitely not much into FPS.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

depends do you play a variety of shooter games or just CoD or BattleField? if so then your missing out on Halo and Gears and Uncharted. You have to have variety you can't just play one type and expect brand new things every time try playing some Halo or some Gears and if you play those then try CoD or BF. And if you still feel that way then you probably shouldn't play shooters anymore. Oh and yes i consider Uncharted a shooter.