By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I really think that Uncharted 3 is getting the shaft on metacritic

Its not better than Batman Arkham City, and it has been way over rated from the beginning...

Around the Network

If you check the Uncharted 3 reviews thread, you'll see that there are over a dozen reviews there that are not tracked by metacritic. Myabe they've hit the score they hope to project and are taking their time looking for other reviews that will fit in just right.

to prove my point, they have U3 at 93 right now. now go and average the scores yourself and you'll get 93.9ish ... shouldn't that be 94?

Don´t worry guys, you can´t control reviews. After releasing U2, you just knew that reviewers would be looking for flaws, and things to criticise.

The review that says more about this game is the Gametrailers one, and that review tells me that U3 is a better game then U2 and it actually shows in the score.

I will never understand how can, the same reviewer, say that Gears 3 or U3 (any game), is better then their predecessors, in every single way, wich made the experience more fun and durable, and have a lower score. That for me only means that U2 and Gears 2 were over rated by those reviewers.

If a game is tecnically superior, more diverse, more spetacular, etc, etc, which ends in a more enjoyable experience, this game should be rated higher, regardless of the year and how gaming standards have changed.

That is why I totally disagree with how easy it is to get perfect scores in todays industry. U2 is IMO the best game this gen, and even on that game, the amount of perfect scores is ridiculous.

You see the amount of 10s Batman is getting, tell me, how is it possible for the next game to be reviewed correctly??? Arkham City is not a 10 (IMO), I am sorry, it is a great game, it is fun, but it is not a perfect 10. Next game, will be tecnically better, even more diverse, with a ritcher world, more fun, and........ it will get worst scores. It makes no sense.

And if you ask ND or Sony, they want sales this time around, they had the critical aclaim with U2, now it is important for them to go in mega-franchise territory when it come to sales (of course great reviews help but it is not like this game is averaging 8s)

Game has score of over 90%?

Obviously being sabotaged!

Love and tolerate.

I definitely underestimated Batman as far as the prediction league goes, but with this it seems like i might hit UC3 right on the money

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

It's just that certain reviewers are hypocrites and don't follow a pattern at all. Some of them are doing what they did to Killzone 3. Nitpick to hell. Seriously one guy complained that the game was linear. Yup gave U2 a 10 but that game was linear and that was his only complaint.

Jumpin said:
Galaki said:
Does 94 means you'll enjoy the game less than a 96 rating?

If I were a random gamer who picked up one game a season - A 94 vs a 96 means I will play the 96 game and not the 94 game. 

wouldn't that also depend on whether the game looked like it matched you're personal tastes as well? For example someone may have a preference for adventure type stuff over superheroes and comic books therefore they would pick u3 over arkham  regardless of the fact that arkham has recieved a slightly higher score.

Oh Well.. I'll just enjoy the sand when it comes out.

Uncharted 1= losing your virginity (or masturbating). You didn't know what to expect but you knew it was good. Since it was your first time, you had crazy high expectations. Even though it was good, it couldn't meet your expectations. 8/10

Uncharted 2= Having sex and finally knowing what the hell you were doing. It blew away your expectations. You did things you never even thought you were capable of. When it was over, you were in love. Your ears were ringing. Your heart was beating fast. Maybe you even tried it with multiple partners! 10/10!!

Uncharted 3= Having honeymoon sex. Sure, this time she broke out the sexy clothes, the handcuffs, the jacuzzi, and you did EVERYTHING you wanted to do. She even did this thing with her tongue that you've never even seen before. It's totally awesome! But there is a feeling in the back of your mind that you've run out of things to do. You've done this before. She even makes you breakfast afterwards. You were hoping for a third boob or something to make it better than ever before but that's impossible. Nothing could have lived up to your expectations. Technically better than anything you've ever done before but still, it lacks that "new" feeling. 9.3/10

Uncharted 4=Drake Team Racing.

I disagree.All the reviews seem just and good in my opinion.You can't expect them all to like the same thing as much as the rest of the reviewers.