By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I really think that Uncharted 3 is getting the shaft on metacritic

d21lewis said:
I predicted a 93 a while back. I stand by that prediction. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game and everything to do with expectations. Some reviewers simply want to be totally blown away and not get what they expect. Gears, LBP, Uncharted, and a few others are offering incredibly polished versions of newer games in their respective series. This is actually what many of us want but some reviewers aren't seeing it that way. They only see "more of the same".

Batman seems to have really reinvented itself, to a degree. That's why it's getting the scores that it's getting (and it blows away all expectations) but how often can this be done and done right? Still, I'm getting U3 on day 1 (just like I did with Gears and Batman and will do with Dance Central 2) and I will love it regardless of where its score falls.

Surely Batman:AC is doing what Uncharted 2 did. 2nd game in the franchise stepped things up from the first game in every way in the opinions of most reviewers.

I too am expecting a 92-93 for Uncharted 3, so 94 is high to me. I think U3 will be beter than U2, and not just in visuals. So my view that U3 will meta lower than U2 isn't about which game I think will be better but about what I think the review reaction will be: i.e. not enough of a step up to warrant the same accolades as what U2 got.

What really matters though is whether the franchise expands its audience, and I hope it does that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Does 94 means you'll enjoy the game less than a 96 rating?

If I were a random gamer who picked up one game a season - A 94 vs a 96 means I will play the 96 game and not the 94 game. 

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Same happened with Gears 3 and Resistance 3, so....

Batman set the bar too high obviously.

I'm serious

more reviews still rolling in. i think its only half way done with reviews

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
more reviews still rolling in. i think its only half way done with reviews

yer there is still the other half to go... hopefully it can stay on 94

D-Joe said:
can some one tell me why Batman:AC 95/96 that high?

It's rated that highly because it really is that damn good. Incidentally Arkham Asylum had some linearity complaints aimed at it which stopped it from getting the truly high scores that Arkham City is, but in comparison to the Uncharted series, AA was incredibly open.

VGChartz

Galaki said:
spurgeonryan said:
Galaki said:
Does 94 means you'll enjoy the game less than a 96 rating?

At the end of the day it will! Doesn't it do the same to you? :)

I won't enjoy it less because I don't play anything below 95. So, the problem doesn't exist for me.

who don't you play games below a 95?

In 2009 Batman Arkham Asylum received the most GOTY awards after Uncharted 2. Strangely enough B:AA only received a 91/92 metacritic, which is a few points down from normal GOTY's. I suspect this is because it was made by an unproven developer and critics didn't expect the coming of Jesus.

f'd up