By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I really think that Uncharted 3 is getting the shaft on metacritic

My guesses are that it will stay at 94 or will make it 95 in the next week or so, which is fine. Really, people should not take metacritic that seriously. Even if it ends up 1 or 2 points below U2, it's still an amazing and mind blowing game and from a technical stand point, it is better in every way than uncharted 2. The only thing U3 has missing is that surprise factor. U2 came out and blew everybody away. We saw it on e3, it was voted best in show a few times but other than that, we didn't know what to expect. U1 was great but it was no game of the year, there was tons of room to improve on. With U3, we know what were getting, the standards were extremely high to begin with, and so on. So to this whole metacritic war, I saw congrats to Batman: AC and uncharted 3 on fantastic reviews and scores and may the best game win GOTY.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:

crap quoted, instead of edit -_-

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Ahhh the old Boo Hoo My favorite fanboy game isnt sitting at a perfect 10 so Meta is B.S. argument again!

It Never gets old lol

96 + 94 = 200

UNCHARTED GREATEST EXCLUSIVE FRANCHISE OF THIS GENERATION CONFIRMED
XD

Jay520 said:
Batman set the bar too high obviously.

I'm serious

Batman didn't really set any bar to high.I'ts just that from Batman: AA.Arkham City was a vast improvement.

Around the Network
DarthVolod said:
yo_john117 said:
It's going the way of every release since last year. Reviews are way harsher now than they were a year or two ago.

Pretty much grab any big game and tack on 2-6 points for meta and you have a more just score.

Personally, I see this as a positive change. Game reviews have always seem to be very generous. In a perfect world, a 5-6 would be an average game, but for games even an 8 is considered poor.

If video game reviews were to be taken seriously (I would encourage no one to take them as such) one would believe that 15-20 genre defining masterpieces are produced each year, and that is simply not the case.

The fact that so many games get 80+ meta scores makes the entire rating system rather pointless. Isn't the value of game reviews suppose to lie in their ability to single out great or horrible games? If everything gets the same 8-10 review score with very few exceptions, then don't these reviewers kind of lose their raison detre since, apparently,  every sgame is spectacular which means we don't need a reviewer to tell us this anymore. 

Ok yeah I can see your point. Technically current games are getting more just and reasonable scores than they were a year or two ago...we just have skewed opinions of it due to past review scores.

trasharmdsister12 said:
Aldro said:

96 + 94 = 200

I.. don't... what?

What game franchise has had the most release this generation? :P

Your kidding..........

One main thing you can set apart 360 fans from PS3 fans is the metascore thing.

With 360 fans, we just are happy if a great exclusive gets above 90. 91, 93, 92......doesn't matter. It achieved the 90+ barrier and is officially a AAA game.

PS3 fans get snippy if their prize of a game gets a low 90 score........

It got above 90. This thread would be appropriate if its getting a 89 right now.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Your kidding..........

With 360 fans, we just are happy if a great exclusive gets above 90. 91, 93, 92......doesn't matter. It achieved the 90+ barrier and is officially a AAA game.

It got above 90. This thread would be appropriate if its getting a 89 right now.

Generalizing is cool!

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
Your kidding..........

Generalizing is cool!

Generalizing is all the new rage man!