By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I really think that Uncharted 3 is getting the shaft on metacritic

theman88 said:
wow so it went back up... that never happens! And Batman is at 96 on PS3 and 95 on 360

Yes it does, especially when it doesn't have many reviews, it fluctuates.

Around the Network

i don't get! the game is a massive improvement over 2 so the lowest it should get is a 9 if it wasn't for so many 10's uncharted would be on a 91 or 90 right now

seems the main complaint is that it's just as good as UC2 and for many reviewers (and my opinion) after a game gets the highest score the standard that must be reached to get that score must be higher from then on so a game that is just as good as it's predecessor shouldn't get a "perfect" score. That doesn't mean the game is any way bad in fact it means it's just as good as one of the best games ever made. If standards didn't increase every time there was a new "prefect" score then just about every second game would be getting a "perfect" score these days, in fact not raising the bar enough after every high watermark games is one of the main factors in the 3 point review scale for AAA games these days where everything below 90 is mediocre and an 8 = hate.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

can some one tell me why Batman:AC 95/96 that high?

I predicted a 93 a while back. I stand by that prediction. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game and everything to do with expectations. Some reviewers simply want to be totally blown away and not get what they expect. Gears, LBP, Uncharted, and a few others are offering incredibly polished versions of newer games in their respective series. This is actually what many of us want but some reviewers aren't seeing it that way. They only see "more of the same".

Batman seems to have really reinvented itself, to a degree. That's why it's getting the scores that it's getting (and it blows away all expectations) but how often can this be done and done right? Still, I'm getting U3 on day 1 (just like I did with Gears and Batman and will do with Dance Central 2) and I will love it regardless of where its score falls.

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
can some one tell me why Batman:AC 95/96 that high?

You know those review scores, well they actually have text attached to them that explains why the game got the score it did and go into detail about what the game is like. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

The metacritic score averages are ridiculously high anyways. Who cares if it is 91 or 96?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I'm playing Batman right now and I really like it, but there's no way it deserves a 96. This would mean it would be one of the 5 best games in this gen, which it clearly isn't.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

yeah! everything under a perfect 100 is a piece of crap!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

spurgeonryan said:

Caught you! Then your Kirby review comment was not sincere? :P

Yo_John you crazy! AFter last month I started getting 20 notifications every 3-5 hours! Just a little to crazy for me, and after starting posting here all the time 300-400 times a day, it went up even more, so for now I have it on lock. You get like 30 notifications just from TAds12 a day! You know how it is.

300-400 times a day?!? Are you serious?