By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Steve Jobs To Obama: You're A One-Term President

padib said:

Blaming manufacturing going to China on Obama is the dumbest thing I heard.

He was blaming it on regulations and unions not really putting the entire blame on Obama.  Anyways, I work at Flextronics in Austin which you can't even think about forming unions or you would be fired.  I suppose he likes the ability to work the Chinese to death and not worry about pollution.  Sounds like good manufacturing to me.

Around the Network
padib said:
sethnintendo said:
padib said:

He was blaming it on regulations and unions not really putting the entire blame on Obama.  Anyways, I work at Flextronics in Austin which you can't even think about forming unions or you would be fired.  I suppose he likes the ability to work the Chinese to death and not worry about pollution.  Sounds like good manufacturing to me.

Yeah, that sounds like Steve Jobs lol The guy was a douche. A smart guy, but a douche nonetheless. Apparently people are dying in China because of overworking.

If Obama puts unions in the states for the people's stake and someone complains because all the jobs are going to China, then yeah, he's a douche. Not only is it a douchebag statement, but it's also moronic because all the jobs were going to China anyways, Union no Union lol

Actually, a decent amount of the deaths were from jumping off Foxconn buildings.  It got so bad they had to raise wages and install nets to hopefully catch people.  Foxconn blamed them jumping off due to personal relationship problems.  I am sure some might have been over that but it probably wasn't the entire reason for all the deaths.

HappySqurriel said:
Kasz216 said:
Also, schooling till 6 is a bit much, but an 11 month system would work better. Really the education gap grows largest during summer break, and NOT during school.

The reason is, some kids (Mostly poor) spend all summer in front of a TV. While other kids (mostly rich) are in programs to learn over the summer or go to museums or have summer reading lists.

In general when you have a poor kid with a reading program and a rich kid who doesn't have any summer learning, the poor kid outperforms.

Running classes until 6:00 would probably be excessive, but having schools open until 6:00pm with teachers being available to give students help with homework would make a huge difference to a lot of students.

Good luck getting teachers to work longer hours and longer school years for the same pay they're currently getting, and good luck getting the unions to go along with that.  Our taxes would skyrocket so high from the demands of increased pay and extra benefits and compensation that all the millionaires and billionaires in the country wouldn't be able to cover them!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NobleTeam360 said:
Okay like someone has stated there aren't any republican candidates that can really beat Obama this upcoming election, so this election won't even be a good one to keep track of i fully expect Obama to win and continue to do his best. Alot of things don't get done when we have a do nothing congress at the helm

I love it when Obama supporters drag this tired old line out.  The Democrats had majority control of Congress for Obama's first 2 full years in office, and the only notable things they passed were a massive stimulus bill that did nothing but pad the wallets their special interest groups and big donors, and they passed ObamaCare in the dead of night behind closed doors after twisting the arms of members of their own party to go along with it.

Obama's latest jobs bill was killed in the Senate, where the Dems STILL have a majority control.  Obama couldn't even get enough votes WITHIN HIS OWN PARTY to force the Republicans to go through the bad optics of having to openly and publicly fillibuster a JOBS BILL in the middle of a recession!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

HappySqurriel said:
Kasz216 said:
Also, schooling till 6 is a bit much, but an 11 month system would work better. Really the education gap grows largest during summer break, and NOT during school.

The reason is, some kids (Mostly poor) spend all summer in front of a TV. While other kids (mostly rich) are in programs to learn over the summer or go to museums or have summer reading lists.

In general when you have a poor kid with a reading program and a rich kid who doesn't have any summer learning, the poor kid outperforms.

Running classes until 6:00 would probably be excessive, but having schools open until 6:00pm with teachers being available to give students help with homework would make a huge difference to a lot of students.

Keeping classes open to 6 won't change anything.  Schools as a whole are ineffective and 50% of the teachers should be fired just as a start.  Schools receive money based on kid performance and all it changed was lowering the test level so dumb kids could pass.  Each school and teacher for the most part teach their class so different, just being in one class from another destroys the education of our children. 

Having a bad teacher could place each child 6months back, by the time they make it to highschool half the kids can't even read or write at grade 7 levels.  

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
padib said:

Don’t make the mistake of assuming that strengthening unions is the same as supporting workers. A large portion of rules that benefit unions make their members worse off and weaken companies, and are passed primarily because unions represent the largest campaign contributors and largest lobbying group in Washington. The entire point of eliminating a worker’s right to a secret ballot on a vote to unionize (for example) is to allow union thugs to intimidate and bully workers to vote the way they want them to, and only someone who is corrupt or a fool could support such a measure.

It has been studied many times and it has been consistently found that union members have lower job satisfaction than non-union members. While there are many (possible) reasons for this my personal belief is that it is not in a union's interests to have satisfied members. After all, if your working conditions are good, you've got lots of nice perks, your relationship with your boss is decent, and your pay and benefits are decent wouldn't you start to question why you're paying this union so much money? On the other hand, if the union focuses only on increasing salary (translating into higher union dues) and benefits, while eliminating all other perks and creates an adversarial work environment you're going to support your union leadership to fight those "bastards" in management.

Griffin said:
HappySqurriel said:
Kasz216 said:

Keeping classes open to 6 won't change anything.  Schools as a whole are ineffective and 50% of the teachers should be fired just as a start.  Schools receive money based on kid performance and all it changed was lowering the test level so dumb kids could pass.  Each school and teacher for the most part teach their class so different, just being in one class from another destroys the education of our children. 

Having a bad teacher could place each child 6months back, by the time they make it to highschool half the kids can't even read or write at grade 7 levels.  

I was working under the assumption of having competent teachers.

A few months ago I was reading an article which suggested that one of the biggest advantages middle class and wealthy children had was parents who could help them with their homework. After all, an engineer or nurse are much better able to teach basic math to their children than someone who dropped out of highschool in grade 10 due to poor performance.

While the school shouldn't neccessarily force all students to stay after-hours for help, the extra hours provides the opportunity to deal with struggling students; and possibly address learning disabilities.

If Chinese students are better educated than ours, then we can educate better. I say China because naysayers against the improvement of social services claim it won't work here because we're too big

Clearly they're doing something right on a far tighter budget, so we just need to figure it out

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

spurgeonryan said:
Then Obama went on to have Bin laden killed, Gadaffhi (Conan o briens staff had a hard time with that name as well!) is dead, and..... :P our ecomony is dead.

Don't mess with Obama!

ahhh.... Clever

I hope he is a one term president! Obama sucks.

Pretty much the worst person running for election this coming year is better than Obama.