By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Steve Jobs To Obama: You're A One-Term President

Marks said:
Mr Khan said:
Marks said:
Wow I just gained like 37% more respect for jobs for what he said about unions! Good shit Steve.

Unions got us where we are today, and while they are dangerous when they get too much power, the alternative is much worse

Nah dude unions are terrible. If unions worked Detroit would be one of the most prosperous cities in the world but instead its poverty ridden. Managers need to have the right to fire workers whenever necessary so workers remain efficient. And contrary to belief minimum wage doesn't help the poor/unskilled workers it makes it harder for them to find jobs. 

no, dude he is right, unions have got is here, where we are today.

and where we are is 10%  unemployement, jobs being sent over sea, incompetent teachers, indoctrination zones, known as Univversities, and best of all... Obama.

see, dont you love unions

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Marks said:
Mr Khan said:
Marks said:
Wow I just gained like 37% more respect for jobs for what he said about unions! Good shit Steve.

Unions got us where we are today, and while they are dangerous when they get too much power, the alternative is much worse

Nah dude unions are terrible. If unions worked Detroit would be one of the most prosperous cities in the world but instead its poverty ridden. Managers need to have the right to fire workers whenever necessary so workers remain efficient. And contrary to belief minimum wage doesn't help the poor/unskilled workers it makes it harder for them to find jobs. 

no, dude he is right, unions have got is here, where we are today.

and where we are is 10%  unemployement, jobs being sent over sea, incompetent teachers, indoctrination zones, known as Univversities, and best of all... Obama.

see, dont you love unions

Haha exactly! Couldn't agree more.

Unions just protect lazy workers. They raise the wages and make it impossible to fire bad workers (including teachers and police). 

Its no wonder USA has the best Universities in the world but their public schooling is shit. If you want to fix America's schooling then privatize it. The government can still subsidize it with education vouchers though. 

Marks said:
Mr Khan said:
Marks said:

While Detroit's problems partly stem from overpowerful unions, the gross ineffeciency of Big Three management is just as much to blame. GM seems to have gotten their act together well enough since the bankruptcy and bailout shocked them out of their overconfidence (granted a shock that came 30 years too late, but still).

Damn straight minimum wage doesn't help. It doesn't even keep up with the cost of living.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I NOMINATE THE LORAX, TO SPEAK FOR THE TREES.......ERR I MEAN JOBS!!

Mr Khan said:

While Detroit's problems partly stem from overpowerful unions, the gross ineffeciency of Big Three management is just as much to blame. GM seems to have gotten their act together well enough since the bankruptcy and bailout shocked them out of their overconfidence (granted a shock that came 30 years too late, but still).

Damn straight minimum wage doesn't help. It doesn't even keep up with the cost of living.

As far as Detroit's plight goes, I'd say unions and mismanagement of car companies pale in comparison to 50 years of one party rule and a population that has a functional literacy rate of 50%.

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
obama to jobs: your dead LOL!!!!111!!1

ROFL, I had exactly the same thoughts when reading the OP.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

badgenome said:
Jmoss said:

Obama is a good president. Just look at the facts. He's the youngest president ever in the US. And he's black, and white... at the same time. If that's not amazing, then I don't know what is.

Sounds like this little tyke is qualified to be president, too.

This was amongst the greatest win ever posted on VGC.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
badgenome said:
Jmoss said:

Obama is a good president. Just look at the facts. He's the youngest president ever in the US. And he's black, and white... at the same time. If that's not amazing, then I don't know what is.

Sounds like this little tyke is qualified to be president, too.

This was amongst the greatest win ever posted on VGC.

I would agree, if only for the fact that I can only imagine what he was replying to was sarcasm.

Hmm, I think Jobs had the right idea.

He foresaw the country continuing to go down the toilet and straight up Peace'd Out Early.

padib said:
chocoloco said:
padib said:
chocoloco said:
Once again Canadians prove they care about America more than their own country, I feel so special.

My vote goes non-Republican as always.

Oh Canada, our home and sacred land. True, patriot love, in all thy Son's commands. lalalalalalalalalalalala :P

P.S. We love Obama

That message was meant for the Op and Joel mostly. I get tired of their threads about the US because they spread conservative propaganda and they never make threads about just Canada.

Yeah, I was really just having fun there. To be honest with you, there isn't much going on in Canada lately. The biggest and most interesting news here is that we had a national election only a few months ago, where one of the minor opposition parties (the NDP) which was 3rd/4th runner up for years in the electoral race, became the official opposition after absorbing 58 of 75 seats in the province of Quebec (where I was raised) and crushing the usual reigning party of the province, the Bloc Québécois. After this enormous victory, the leader Jack Layton tragically died of Cancer, leaving many very sad of his death, especially after showing much interest to the people of Quebec who had suddenly grown fond of him.

Other than that, though the Conservative government is majority here, most Canadians are liberal or central. Reason why the liberal party is not elected here is due to a history of corruption and bad politics in their last two mandates. Thankfully that's over and the Liberal party is undergoing rebirth. It's a promising future for politics in Canada all things said. Of course, due to our political positioning (Left to central) most of us are pro-Obama.

I am glad not all Canadians are as pretentious as HSql. You know it is interesting that I never hear anything about Canadian politics, yet so many of the forum goers that post in the political threads seem to hear a lot about the US. I always say I am going to move to Canada next time the right wins the presidency because Canada is definantly percieved as more libral.