By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Steve Jobs To Obama: You're A One-Term President

http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-told-president-obama-regulations-and-teachers-unions-were-killing-america-2011-10#ixzz1bQNvqA6S

Steve Jobs  told President  Obama he probably would not be re-elected, Walter Isaacson wrote in Jobs' soon-to-be-released biography.

That's because regulations and unions in the United States were crippling its ability to remain competitive with emerging powerhouses like China.

The biography was picked up by the Huffington Post, which published excerpts earlier today.

Jobs met with Obama in fall 2010 and said it was too difficult to build a factory in the U.S., which led the company to build manufacturing plants in countries like China.

"You're headed for a one-term presidency," Jobs said to Obama.

Jobs also said teachers' unions "crippled" the education system in the United States. Among his requests to Obama were an 11-month school schedule, school days that last until 6 p.m. and a merit-based system for employing and firing teachers.

Around the Network

obama to jobs: your dead LOL!!!!111!!1

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

My favorite part is that he advised Obama to go all Scott Walker on the unions. Some heads ought to be exploding right about now.

MrBubbles said:

That's Clinton's line.

And Steve Jobs fucking drank fruit juice and got acupuncture when he found out he had cancer.

Around the Network

Interesting. Id love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation. I love Jobs and i love president Obama, i hope theres more in depth dialogue than just these headlines for the current news cycle on their conversation, i suppose ill find out soon enough anyway when i buy the book.

Akvod said:
And Steve Jobs fucking drank fruit juice and got acupuncture when he found out he had cancer.

I think he could be if the right candidate opposed him, but the Republicans don't seem to have that.

It's also asinine to argue from the perspective of lost manufacturing jobs. The shape of the global economy means that most of those jobs simply aren't coming back, but does not mean that ground cannot be broken in new sectors. A race to the bottom in terms of standards and regulations is going to help no-one

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

badgenome said:
MrBubbles said:

That's Clinton's line.

wow...you know i dont like her very much...but that is priceless.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

badgenome said:
Akvod said:

Nope, u dead.