By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Steve Jobs To Obama: You're A One-Term President

well its hard to say he'll get another term, but a Republican will do much much much much worse.

Around the Network

The dead have risen. Are you prepared?

spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
well its hard to say he'll get another term, but a Republican will do much much much much worse.

Obama getting another term is up in the air still, Jobs getting another chance at the CEO ch'air, not so much.

lol

Okay like someone has stated there aren't any republican candidates that can really beat Obama this upcoming election, so this election won't even be a good one to keep track of i fully expect Obama to win and continue to do his best. Alot of things don't get done when we have a do nothing congress at the helm

WoW, first he wants to destroy Google's Android and now hes says Obama won't be re-elected!!

Steve was evil afterall : P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Once again Canadians prove they care about America more than their own country, I feel so special.

My vote goes non-Republican as always.

While I understand the sentiment that there aren’t any particularly strong Republican candidates at the moment, I don’t think this really makes Obama’s re-election chances all that much better. Unless something drastic changes in the next 12 months Obama the horrible state of the economy; essentially, over 9% unemployment with the employment to population ratio falling to a all time low of 58%. To make matters worse, the economy in the swing states that will determine the outcome of the election is much weaker than the economy in general.

This puts Obama in a difficult position because how do you argue that you can fix the economy when you have had 4 years already and it is still in rough shape? If he argue it is all the other party’s fault it will be easy to argue that he is ineffectual, and that the president needs to find a way to work with congress regardless of who is in power.

I'm shocked that the Huffington Post went first with the story. Guess they're not in full reelection mode yet.

Also, schooling till 6 is a bit much, but an 11 month system would work better. Really the education gap grows largest during summer break, and NOT during school.

The reason is, some kids (Mostly poor) spend all summer in front of a TV. While other kids (mostly rich) are in programs to learn over the summer or go to museums or have summer reading lists.

In general when you have a poor kid with a reading program and a rich kid who doesn't have any summer learning, the poor kid outperforms.

Kasz216 said:
Also, schooling till 6 is a bit much, but an 11 month system would work better. Really the education gap grows largest during summer break, and NOT during school.

The reason is, some kids (Mostly poor) spend all summer in front of a TV. While other kids (mostly rich) are in programs to learn over the summer or go to museums or have summer reading lists.

In general when you have a poor kid with a reading program and a rich kid who doesn't have any summer learning, the poor kid outperforms.

Running classes until 6:00 would probably be excessive, but having schools open until 6:00pm with teachers being available to give students help with homework would make a huge difference to a lot of students.