By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Atheists,Whats your reason?

setsunatenshi said:
Snakenobi, your arguments are filled what are called logical fallacies...

Just to point out a few, straw man arguments:

when you are putting all atheists into 1 bandwagon pretending all agree with what you're arguing against. In this case you're forgetting that apart from 'i don't believe in the existence of a god' there's nothing else you can unite all atheists in.
As an example, the Buddhists you so much seem to praise ARE atheists too.

Buddhist are pantheist.Buddhist's live a moral life

real atheist wouldn't behave morally as they don't believe in consequences

pantheist are atheist who are moral.

i am trying to tell pantheists who wrongly identify themselves as an atheist

Around the Network
Mr.Ashtear said:
snakenobi said:
Mr.Ashtear said:

God punishment or after-life´s rewards are  far from being the major factor that makes people act "morally". An atheist can behave morally and been totally coherent with his non-belief of a superior being.

You behave morally because thats THE RIGHT AND LOGICAL THING TO DO in order to have an harmonious society. 

yes but thats not being athiest but panthiest

an athiest will feel superior as he would think their are no consequences

dude that doesnt make any sense, lol. Atheims only infers the lack of belief in a God, nothing more. 

wrong

you being theist(GOD and consequences),deism(no GOD no consequences),and pantheist(no GOD but consequences)

has alot to do with the philosophocal thinking which is how things work in the universe.

they are all related.jst calling urself athiest and then saying i believe in consequence is being ignorant and lack of knowledge

snakenobi said:
zarx said:

Are we talking about the same willpower?

1. the ability to control oneself and determine one's actions
2. firmness of will

It's easy to mesure just torture them untill they lose the will to move there mesured...

if they lose the will then their willpower in not that strong,thats

but as history has shown many people have that willpower and don't move and die fighting for justice or peace

What has that got to do with anything so their bodies gave out before their mental will, that doesn't make it imesurable 

The ONLY thing being an Athiest dictates is that they don't belive in a "higher power" or "creator" of the universe.

Seriously you are just trolling right?

you seem that relgious views and philosphy have no link
,ignorance is all over this

they do have a link, they don't belive in deities...

Seriusly what you are describing Athiests as is actually anarchists which is something else entirely. Not beliving in dieties doesn't mean you can't belive in social responsibility or making the world better for yourself and future generations. Only a complete fucking moron would think something so increadably stupid.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

What has that got to do with anything so their bodies gave out before their mental will, that doesn't make it imesurable 

its their willpower which guides them to not give up

yes but no consequential thinking of atheist will eventually leads to taking anger out on other people and selfish behavior when unhappy

Seriusly what you are describing Athiests as is actually anarchists which is something else entirely.

anarchists are in political thinking

i am talking about individual thnking which inturn forms anarchists in politics

Not beliving in dieties doesn't mean you can't belive in social responsibility or making the world better for yourself and future generations.

yes thats right

but thats called pantheism not atheism

when you think your actions will have consequences and future generations will benefit

Only a complete fucking moron would think something so increadably stupid.

this is what i meant,anger coming out and frustration.

egoism as you are not ready to listen and arrogant that your word is always the right one

peace of mind and understanding will help you

snakenobi said:
zarx said:

its their willpower which guides them to not give up

No it is their ability to not give up in the face of adversity, it is mesurable 

yes but no consequential thinking of atheist will eventually leads to taking anger out on other people and selfish behavior when unhappy

How does not beliving in deities or an afterfile = non consequential thinking in your mind? There are real consequences to your actions, you don't need an imaginary man in the sky when you have governments, laws, revenge and other people's opnions of you and your actions...

Seriusly what you are describing Athiests as is actually anarchists which is something else entirely.

anarchists are in political thinking

i am talking about individual thnking which inturn forms anarchists in politics

Anarchists belive there should be no rules and that might is right and the law of the jungle rules.

Not beliving in dieties doesn't mean you can't belive in social responsibility or making the world better for yourself and future generations.

yes thats right

but thats called pantheism not atheism

when you think your actions will have consequences and future generations will benefit

No Pantheism is a new age religion that basically takes the tenants of humanisim with some fruity reverance for nature thing tacked on.

Only a complete fucking moron would think something so increadably stupid.

this is what i meant,anger coming out and frustration.

egoism as you are not ready to listen and arrogant that your word is always the right one

peace of mind and understanding will help you

I am plenty ready to listen to peole that actually have something intelligent to say. Everything you are saying is stupid and ignorant, peace of mind and understanding would help you.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
zarx said:

really?

do you have something like thermometer to measure it?

How does not beliving in deities or an afterfile = non consequential thinking in your mind?

cause you will then live a selfish life satisfying urself till death

There are real consequences to your actions, you don't need an imaginary man in the sky when you have governments, laws, revenge and other people's opnions of you and your actions...

if a person were real selfish then they wouldn't care about those things how do you think most of the rulers in this world became who they are

you think ancient greece didn't have laws?

roman republic didn't have laws?

there weren't laws when world wars happened?

there were but men broke it and pursued their goals in life

one side you talk about atheism but other side you talk about fear from government,thats fear.real atheists do not have that

Anarchists belive there should be no rules and that might is right and the law of the jungle rules.

and what is atheism about?

it about not having fear and supremacy over other people

one side you talk about fear that abrahamic religious folks have and the other side you are talking about the same thing about atheist

No Pantheism is a new age religion

pantheism is not a religion but its type

deism -  atheist

theism - abrahamic religion

pantheism - buddhism,etc

that basically takes the tenants of humanisim with some fruity reverance for nature thing tacked on.

all religion talk about humanism,which religion doesn't talk about it?

I am plenty ready to listen to peole that actually have something intelligent to say.Everything you are saying is stupid and ignorant, peace of mind and understanding would help you.

google a bit of what i am saying

u are one of those who makes his own meaning of words.you also seem to make ur own meaning of intelligence

anyways,u have a serious lack of knowledge on philosophy,religion,science to get what i'm trying to say,so i will stop.

research for sometime,be patient while learning

snakenobi said:
zarx said:

really?

do you have something like thermometer to measure it?

You haven't actually read anything I have writen have you...

How does not beliving in deities or an afterfile = non consequential thinking in your mind?

cause you will then live a selfish life satisfying urself till death

Nope sorry you are wrong

There are real consequences to your actions, you don't need an imaginary man in the sky when you have governments, laws, revenge and other people's opnions of you and your actions...

if a person were real selfish then they wouldn't care about those things how do you think most of the rulers in this world became who they are

you think ancient greece didn't have laws?

roman republic didn't have laws?

there weren't laws when world wars happened?

there were but men broke it and pursued their goals in life

one side you talk about atheism but other side you talk about fear from government,thats fear.real atheists do not have that

Do I have to point out that Hitler was a devout christian? Real athiests have fear seriusly is you trolling devolving to just repeating your already debunked stupid claims? Athiesm has one *1* tenant they don't belive in deities. Nothing else is implied *no other beliefs are implied or personality traits are shared*. Is that clear to you now?

and what is atheism about?

See above

it about not having fear and supremacy over other people

nope wrong

one side you talk about fear that abrahamic religious folks have and the other side you are talking about the same thing about atheist

No Pantheism is a new age religion

pantheism is not a religion but its type

deism -  atheist Fuck you couldn't be more wrong diest is the oposite of athiest 

Diest = belive that by observing the world you can tell that it has a creator that no longer interacts with the world but don't belong to an organised religion... 

theism - abrahamic religion

pantheism - buddhism,etc

that basically takes the tenants of humanisim with some fruity reverance for nature thing tacked on.

all religion talk about humanism,which religion doesn't talk about it?

and yet athiests can also be Humanists see how that works?

I am plenty ready to listen to peole that actually have something intelligent to say.Everything you are saying is stupid and ignorant, peace of mind and understanding would help you.

google a bit of what i am saying

I did you are wrong

u are one of those who makes his own meaning of words.you also seem to make ur own meaning of intelligence

Nope that's you again I am using dictionary definitions...

anyways,u have a serious lack of knowledge on philosophy,religion,science to get what i'm trying to say,so i will stop.

You again

research for sometime,be patient while learning

Seriusly your trolling got better at the end ;)

@TheVoxelman on twitter

snakenobi said:
scottie said:

if they really were athiest then they would do whatever they want and commit crimes

Ok, I'm out of this discussion. You have clearly got no idea what it means to be an atheist. I would recommend you broaden your horizons, and actually listen to what an atheist is saying, as opposed to telling them what they are saying.

snakenobi said:
miz1q2w3e said:
snakenobi said:

religion isn't about supernatural things happening,not all are atleast

anything supernatural happening will disturb the perfectness of this world

This world isn't "perfect"

yes it is

if you weren't so crazy about nitpicking and tried to understand you would know

"Perfection" means that even if you "nitpick" you shouldn't find flaws. Anything less IS "imperfection" by definition

An example for you. A perfect square means all corners are EXACTLY 90 degrees and all sides are EXACTLY the same length. If during my "nitpicking" I happened to find that one side is 0.000001mm longer than the others, that means the sqaure IS NOT perfect

...You could have at least argued that God didn't necessarily say it was perfect FOR HUMAN LIFE, would've at least had a shot then >_>

I am an athiest, no more, no less.

I DO have morals, I DO respect society & it's inhabitants, and I DO love & respect the world I live in. I also lack any feelings of supremacy over others. However you assumed that aforementioned is missing amongst ALL athiests is beyong me.

I have this current state of mind NOT because of fear of consequences, but because I know it's needed for a functional society & I have a little common sense. I repeat, I DO NOT have any fears of consequences for my actions, I do it because.... well, I'm a decent human being.

I also lack any belief in reincarnartion or karma or the such.

Oh yeah, I'm an athiest.

That is all...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm neither ignorant nor do I hate religions. Your question implies a rather narrow-minded outlook on athiests though.