By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Atheists,Whats your reason?

snakenobi said:
miz1q2w3e said:

"Perfection" means that even if you "nitpick" you shouldn't find flaws. Anything less IS "imperfection" by definition

can youi define anything being perfect in the universe then?
no you can't
cause the way it works and continues doing so is perfect

An example for you. A perfect square means all corners are EXACTLY 90 degrees and all sides are EXACTLY the same length. If during my "nitpicking" I happened to find that one side is 0.000001mm longer than the others, that means the sqaure IS NOT perfect....You could have at least argued that God didn't necessarily say it was perfect FOR HUMAN LIFE, would've at least had a shot then >_>

yes but do we see a perfect square in real life?

So you admit the world isn't perfect? why are we arguing then?

"cause the way it works and continues doing so is perfect" - - - The world isn't going to continue working the way it is now (perfectly like you state). If you'd seen the vid I'd shown you, you'd have known that our galaxy is in fact headed straight towards a collision with another spiral galaxy

PS: Dictionary defines perfect as "excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement" - - - I can see a ton of stuff in the world that could be improved upon, starting with human beings (lots of stuff wrong with us XD)

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:

"cause the way it works and continues doing so is perfect" - - - The world isn't going to continue working the way it is now (perfectly like you state). If you'd seen the vid I'd shown you, you'd have known that our galaxy is in fact headed straight towards a collision with another spiral galaxy

continues to doing so not in the same sense but in a way we will progress towards

PS: Dictionary defines perfect as "excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement" - - - I can see a ton of stuff in the world that could be improved upon, starting with human beings (lots of stuff wrong with us XD)

and keep referring to the dictionary and be ignorant and not understand what the other person meant

snakenobi said:
miz1q2w3e said:

continues to doing so not in the same sense but in a way we will progress towards

and keep referring to the dictionary and be ignorant and not understand what the other person meant

just stop, dude.  you're making christians look bad by forcing your opinions down others' throats, judging, and generally being rude.  

Atheism is for people who don't jump to conclusions. End of discussion. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

snakenobi said:

Buddhism doesn't have a god and most scientist are panthiest

I conclude that Buddhism is either an atheist religion or no religion at all, depending on what definition I choose.

snakenobi said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Seriously, I'm actually replying to your posts with arguments and supporting facts...etc - The least you could do is give me the same respect -_-

Dude, the world is far from perfect. I'm surprised with all the flaws, diseases, wars...etc (and especially the stuff in the vid) that someone would even think that :/

But please, tell me what you actually mean when you say perfect? - Do you mean in a poetic way? (Religeons talk "poetic" a lot)

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
I am an athiest, no more, no less.

I DO have morals, I DO respect society & it's inhabitants, and I DO love & respect the world I live in. I also lack any feelings of supremacy over others. However you assumed that aforementioned is missing amongst ALL athiests is beyong me.

I have this current state of mind NOT because of fear of consequences, but because I know it's needed for a functional society & I have a little common sense. I repeat, I DO NOT have any fears of consequences for my actions, I do it because.... well, I'm a decent human being.

I also lack any belief in reincarnartion or karma or the such.

Oh yeah, I'm an athiest.

That is all...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm neither ignorant nor do I hate religions. Your question implies a rather narrow-minded outlook on athiests though.

This. The OPs ongoing depiction of Athiests is flat out insulting.

non-gravity said:
snakenobi said:

Buddhism doesn't have a god and most scientist are panthiest

I conclude that Buddhism is either an atheist religion or no religion at all, depending on what definition I choose.

its not atheistic religion,Buddhist have said it when atheism started to rise at first.it is a religion but abrahamic religion have almost changed the meaning of the word 'religion' as equal to GOD.they portray it as the same thing

Buddhism is irreligious(not religion is the way other religions define word 'religion' as) or pantheism(a separate GOD doesn't exist as GOD is the universe,no debate happens on GOD)

basically its an ideology

most atheist follow the same ideology of humanism and equality which is not an atheistic quality but pantheistic quality

what i have been trying to tell them is that the ideology you have have effects on every moment of your life  and others in this world.they are hell bent on the main meaning of atheism and not how its ideology affects people and things surrounding them

miz1q2w3e said:
snakenobi said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Seriously, I'm actually replying to your posts with arguments and supporting facts...etc - The least you could do is give me the same respect -_-

Dude, the world is far from perfect. I'm surprised with all the flaws, diseases, wars...etc (and especially the stuff in the vid) that someone would even think that :/

But please, tell me what you actually mean when you say perfect? - Do you mean in a poetic way? (Religeons talk "poetic" a lot)

meh

come back when you are alot more mature

snakenobi said:
meh

come back when you are alot more mature

Notice how that throughout or entire "debate", you never once actually bothered to counter my posts with actual facts/arguments (see post above) - - - You think I'm immature just because I used a picture to express what I wanted? (pic was actually more accurate FYI)

Fine, I'll leave you alone if you really want me to

^^LOL - - - But yeah that last picture depicts my current expression rather accurately XD