By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Five reasons why I despise Sony

mehhhh you got weak, still a bit funny 2/10

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

''..five excellent reasons..''

Carl2291 said:
Come on, Rol. They've done some great things, like making platformers cool again with LBP and letting Nintendo steal the co-op aspect for NSMB Wii.

You mean like this?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

RolStoppable said:

There are good companies, there are alright companies, there are bad companies and then there is Sony. Many people are wondering where my hatred for this electronics giant is coming from, so I thought it would be for the best, if I let the cat out of the bag once and for all. So here are five excellent reasons why I despise Sony:

1. They stole the rumble - Nintendo made force feedback popular on consoles. Before Starfox 64 the world didn't really know what rumble was. After Starfox 64 the world couldn't live without rumble anymore. Sony took note and put not only one rumble thingy into their controller, but two. The DualShock was born.

2. They stole the analog stick - Nintendo made analog thumbsticks popular on consoles. Before Super Mario 64 the world didn't really know why such an input was needed. After Super Mario 64 the world couldn't live without it anymore. Sony took note and put not only one analog stick on their controller but two. The PlayStation controller 2.0 was born. Notice a pattern here? What Nintendo create, Sony take and multiply it by two. Just like their SNES controller which had four shoulder buttons instead of just two.

3. They stole all the third parties - Nintendo allowed many third parties to make a name for themselves on their home consoles. Squaresoft with Final Fantasy. Enix with Dragon Quest. Capcom with Mega Man. Sony took all of them.

4. They stole yet another Nintendo controller - Move is a blatant rip-off of the Wiimote and Nunchuk. Sony makes me so angry!!! What Nintendo creates, they take.

5. They are not Nintendo - Honestly, this alone is enough reason for me to despise them, but the forum rules dictate that opinions have to be backed up with something substantial. I think I did just that with the reasons above. Now I eagerly await the day Sony as a video game company is dead and on their virtual tombstone shall be written: "You're dead. Your friends are dead. Your family's dead. Your fucking pets are being skinned alive. Your mom's a fucking whore. You suck at life. The whole world hates you. You're going to hell. Live with it. - Game over."

No way, those are the 5 exact reasons why I love Sony lol 

RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:
I don't particularly like this thread.

Source material not good enough?

They wish they stole Rare?

Troll material sourcing fanboy-garbage.  Yeah I totally wish Sony had all those killer new Rare games. Seriously, even killer instinct is gunna suck.

Around the Network

The Masters System sorta had thumb sticks and N64 sorta had two sticks. So Sony should of had 4 detachable sticks. Plus Sony's controller was comfortable and half the size of the N64's.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Pyro as Bill said:

You mean like this?

No, I mean actual good co-op play where it's meaningful and fun.

Not, "Hey, we can both jump up and down here! Yeeeey!".

Nintendo copied co-op platforming from Sony. The sooner you accept this fact, the better.

Carl2291 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

You mean like this?

No, I mean actual good co-op play where it's meaningful and fun.

Not, "Hey, we can both jump up and down here! Yeeeey!".

Nintendo copied co-op platforming from Sony. The sooner you accept this fact, the better.

If you're playing co-op in NSMB Wii then you're doing it wrong.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I was starting to think that this thread was a big failure, but after the latest post, it seems it's going in the right direction. Of course, you played safe, like Nintendo...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
binary solo said:
RolStoppable said:
Hephaestos said:
#5 isn't like you... what are you on?

I am on a whole nother video game nerd level.

What? Isn't #5 quintessential Rol. It's the other 4 points that seem out of character.

After all isn't it the case that standard corporate competiton policy is to take what the lead company does and multiply by 2 in order to steal a lead? So 1-4 really fails to justify singling out Sony for hatred in particular. This then only leaves #5 as the rational (albeit irrational) reason for hating Sony: they are not Nintendo and they knocked Nintendo off their perch for 2 generations.

thats the point. 5 is the only one that matters. its 1-4 put in one so one through four don't even matter.

looks like youmissed it. i think you've been Rol'd?

I think I explained exactly that to Hephaestos. But I used more words and didn't tell him he'd been Rol'd.

It's been interesting to read some of the history in recent posts though. Can someone explain what was the deal with the Nintendo and Sony falling out over the play station thing that put Sony into the console game in the first place? And then can someone completely refute the first person's explanation so we can see that no one really objectively knows the full story? Thanks.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix