By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Five reasons why I despise Sony

binary solo said:
RolStoppable said:
Hephaestos said:
#5 isn't like you... what are you on?

I am on a whole nother video game nerd level.

What? Isn't #5 quintessential Rol. It's the other 4 points that seem out of character.

After all isn't it the case that standard corporate competiton policy is to take what the lead company does and multiply by 2 in order to steal a lead? So 1-4 really fails to justify singling out Sony for hatred in particular. This then only leaves #5 as the rational (albeit irrational) reason for hating Sony: they are not Nintendo and they knocked Nintendo off their perch for 2 generations.

thats the point. 5 is the only one that matters. its 1-4 put in one so one through four don't even matter.

looks like youmissed it. i think you've been Rol'd?

Around the Network

Wow those are some good reasons but i love Sony and MS i hate Nintendo

1, 2, and 4 - Sony lacks imagination
3 - They didn't steal third party devs. N64 was a difficult console to build games for due to the limitations of cartridge based games. A lot of Japanese studios, especially RPG studios like Square Enix, switched to Sony in order to make the game the way they wanted to (with lots of cinematics). After PS1's insane success, they just stuck with Sony.

It's also no like CAPCOM and SE have disserted Nintendo. The DS has more JRPG's then any console I can think of, and Resident Evil 4 was a Gamecube exclusive for a bit.

5 - Sony just does what they have to to gain public appeal. They make platformers to compete with Nintendo, and shooters to compete with MS. I don't disagree with you on this point, for the same reason I don't appreciate shooters and platformers on PS3. MS and Nintendo just make them better. However overall, Sony does offer the best package.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I don't really dislike Sony themselves it's there brainwashed fans that hate anything any everything without the Sony logo on it I hate.

You try too hard..

Around the Network

I don't particularly like this thread.

Do you have a small TMI?

RolStoppable said:
Chrizum said:
I don't particularly like this thread.

Source material not good enough?

In fact, you shouldn't rely on source material so much. You're a clever boy, are you not? Try being witty and original. Should do the trick for me!

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery

"Nintendo allowed many third parties to make a name for themselves on their home consoles. "

Stupid argument, and what happened to third parties during PS1 and PS2 days?