By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Five reasons why I despise Sony

Damm, we need more members. Nobody fall for that :(

Around the Network
benao87 said:
Damm, we need more members. Nobody fall for that :(

Yeah that was most dissapointing. 

Edit: Spoke too soon :D

So taking Nintendos half-assed inventions and making them much better is "bad"?

It's kinda like Microsoft with the Kinect. It's basically a much better "Eyetoy". Do I hate Microsoft for making the better product? No. In fact I envy them for taking Sonys idea to the next level.

What about Nintendo with the Wii U? You don't think the controller is similar to the iPad? or even the Dreamcast controller?

also, it's not Sony's fault that Nintendo makes their own ideas so theive-able. I mean, wii U is just begging for the vita to copy it as an interface.

how sad this isn't even a legit reason! you just hate the playstation so you make up some weird questions and answers even though you seem to not hate microsoft when they have done even worse things to nintendo seriously grow up

Around the Network

Everyone has been Rol'd at least that's what I take from this thread. The second I saw the title and who authored it I realized that this was not a serious thread. Rol's sense of humor and causing mayhem is boundless its what he's known for. Rol has a reputation here on VGChartz to upheld although anyone who has been following his recent replies and threads regarding Nintendo show that he is not the big Nintendo lover he used to be.

In fact Rol appears to be very upset with almost every decision Nintendo has made recently. In a way it is surprising that he even decided to make a thread about despising Sony when it would appear he has turned on Nintendo which is his primary reason for despising Sony in the first place.

Also the counter points thismeintiel came up with were good he could have actually countered that final point. Which I am surprised he did not. Fact is Sony was Nintendo or at least employed by Nintendo when they came up with the concept for PSOne. It was Nintendo's employment of Sony that lead to Sony entering the industry. Had Nintendo never hired Sony in the first place or had they stuck with their deal and developed SNES:CD Sony likely would never have entered the games industry at all. Its because of Nintendo that Sony PlayStation exists and PSOne was a Nintendo product. SNES:CD was taken modified and turned into PSOne so in a way the PSOne is a Nintendo product. In other words Sony was Nintendo in a way.  

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

im guessing this is a joke thread, if so...then wow thats sad.

5. They are not Nintendo... nuff said ;P

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

RolStoppable said:
Hephaestos said:
#5 isn't like you... what are you on?

I am on a whole nother video game nerd level.

What? Isn't #5 quintessential Rol. It's the other 4 points that seem out of character.

After all isn't it the case that standard corporate competiton policy is to take what the lead company does and multiply by 2 in order to steal a lead? So 1-4 really fails to justify singling out Sony for hatred in particular. This then only leaves #5 as the rational (albeit irrational) reason for hating Sony: they are not Nintendo and they knocked Nintendo off their perch for 2 generations.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Joelcool7 said:

Everyone has been Rol'd at least that's what I take from this thread. The second I saw the title and who authored it I realized that this was not a serious thread. Rol's sense of humor and causing mayhem is boundless its what he's known for. Rol has a reputation here on VGChartz to upheld although anyone who has been following his recent replies and threads regarding Nintendo show that he is not the big Nintendo lover he used to be.

In fact Rol appears to be very upset with almost every decision Nintendo has made recently. In a way it is surprising that he even decided to make a thread about despising Sony when it would appear he has turned on Nintendo which is his primary reason for despising Sony in the first place.

Also the counter points thismeintiel came up with were good he could have actually countered that final point. Which I am surprised he did not. Fact is Sony was Nintendo or at least employed by Nintendo when they came up with the concept for PSOne. It was Nintendo's employment of Sony that lead to Sony entering the industry. Had Nintendo never hired Sony in the first place or had they stuck with their deal and developed SNES:CD Sony likely would never have entered the games industry at all. Its because of Nintendo that Sony PlayStation exists and PSOne was a Nintendo product. SNES:CD was taken modified and turned into PSOne so in a way the PSOne is a Nintendo product. In other words Sony was Nintendo in a way.  

While your 3rd paragraph is true in that Nintendo was going to partner with Sony to make a CD add-on for the SNES, the fact still remains that Sony is not Nintendo.  So, Rol still wins that one.