By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Five reasons why I despise Sony

That reminded me of a friend of mine. The man bitched and moaned about this chick (someone we both knew).

Two years later, they are married with a kid on the way.

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
That reminded me of a friend of mine. The man bitched and moaned about this chick (someone we both knew).

Two years later, they are married with a kid on the way.

miz1q2w3e said:
evolution_1ne said:
RolStoppable said:

There are good companies, there are alright companies, there are bad companies and then there is Sony. Many people are wondering where my hatred for this electronics giant is coming from, so I thought it would be for the best, if I let the cat out of the bag once and for all. So here is the reason why I despise Sony:

THER'RE EVERYTHING I WISH NINTENDO WAS

yeah I just went there

Noooooooooooooo! :(

I high off Nyan Cat right now lol

God damn, you know its a boring time in sales when Rol has to make one of these threads.

double post

Around the Network

All the points are certainly made with merit.

What you fail to mention is the incredible care and dedication extended to Sony's first party studios. They are #1 in the world in this respect right now and there's no doubt about that.

Also, with respect to the modern AAA game, i.e. massive, sprawling adventures that necessitate a large development studio and massive funding; I would argue that Nintendo has hardly any experience in this field. There is Twilight Princess, Prime 3, and...? Which other titles require resources similar to Uncharted, Gears etc. ? Not to mention that these titles weren't in HD and that Nintendo's studios have a massive gap in knowledge as of now. Of course, the ingenuity in Galaxy for instance remains unsurpassed.

Hmmm, not trying to change the focus to Nintendo, but surely
surely
somehow you can find some appreciation for Sony's achievements?

(that 3rd paragraph isn't the best, but you're clever enough to get my point)

EDIT: Have I just been Rol'd? Was he serious? What's the point here?

evolution_1ne said:
miz1q2w3e said:
evolution_1ne said:
RolStoppable said:

There are good companies, there are alright companies, there are bad companies and then there is Sony. Many people are wondering where my hatred for this electronics giant is coming from, so I thought it would be for the best, if I let the cat out of the bag once and for all. So here is the reason why I despise Sony:

yeah I just went there

Stop it.

man i had something so awesum i was posting and then safari crashed on me.

anyway. nice thread not predictable at all.

surprisingly number 5 is how i fill about MS xbox divsion(only there PC's are fine). well atlease we have goals!

miz1q2w3e said:
evolution_1ne said:
miz1q2w3e said:
evolution_1ne said:
RolStoppable said:

yeah I just went there

Stop it.

lol

Screw it, I'm bored enough to make counter points. Maybe it will lead to conversation. That's not boring, right?

Anyway...1. Technically, Sony launched a rumble controller the exact same month Nintendo launched the rumble pak. Unfortunately (maybe fortunately), they only released it in Japan since they wanted to perfect the tech before releasing it elsewhere. That lead to the Dual Shock.

2. Nintendo did release one of the first analog thumbsticks to market (there were a couple of others in the golden age of gaming). However, the tech and design of their stick was inferior and less accurate. Sony used the same potentiometer tech used in their flight stick, which launched a couple of months prior to the N64. This is the same tech everyone, including Nintendo, uses in their thumbsticks today.

3. Sony was a gamble for 3rd parties, as they hadn't proved themselves in the gaming market, but it was a gamble that paid off. The PS1 was a HUGE hit and helped push gaming into the mainstream. It sold more than both Nintendo and Sega sold the gen prior combined. Speaking of which, regardless of who came out with the tech first, it was Sony, not Nintendo, who popularized rumble and analog thumbsticks. Even their controller design changed gaming controllers as we knew them.

4. While the Move is completely different tech-wise and was in development before the Wii was announced, I will admit it was the success of the Wii that inspired them to finally perfect it and push it out the door. It was also where they found inspiration for the Navi.

5. Well, this is where you got me. After hours upon hours of research, I have concluded that Sony has never been, nor is currently, Nintendo. Oh well, can't win them all.