By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Man finds wife trying to commit suicide then beats her to death.

BRENTWOOD, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire man who returned home last year to find his 4-year-old son strangled by the boy's mother and a 7-year-old daughter unconscious has pleaded guilty to killing his wife as she tried to commit suicide.

The description in court was the first time authorities revealed what caused the November death of Mason Smeltzer and the injuries to his sister, Mercey Smeltzer.

The revelations came as the children's father, 38-year-old Christopher Smeltzer pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the beating death of his wife, Mara Pappalardo.

New Hampshire Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young says Pappalardo had been hospitalized for paranoia.

Smeltzer told police he "lost his marbles" and attacked Pappalardo with a flashlight. She had a rope around her neck, preparing to commit suicide.

source

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Damn.

Stupid Bitch deserved it.

(Sorry if that was a bit harsh.)

wfz said:

I second that!  After I read that the wife had killed the two kids, I lost any sympathy I had for her just from reading the headline.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

wfz said:

No one "deserves" death. That being said, it does soften her case knowing that she killed her children (or at least her son, this article said the daughter was "unconscious").

Around the Network
Cirio said:
wfz said:

No one "deserves" death. That being said, it does soften her case knowing that she killed her children (or at least her son, this article said the daughter was "unconscious").

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

"Man finds wife trying to commit suicide then beats her to death"

Aw, that's tragic. People on the brink of death need love and understanding, not th-

"his 4-year-old son strangled by the boy's mother and a 7-year-old daughter unconscious "

Wait, What?!?!?

Love and tolerate.

Had I walked in to my dead children, I would ha e killed her too.

wfz said:

Harsh, and ignorant.

She could have been extremely depressed because her husband regularly abused her. You don't know all the facts so rushing to a judgement such as yours is immature and prejudiced. Some serious shit drove her to become suicidal and it must have been really bad for her to want to take out her kids too. What she actually needed was medical and psychological help well before she got to the sort of mental state that had her murdering her children and trying to kill herself. What sort of husband remains oblivious of a wife descending into psychological hell?

There's always 2 sides to a story, a shame we'll never hear her side.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

All this talk about her being the victim after killing her two kids ... I dunno, If I walked into my house with my wife standing over my kids bodies ... my innocent 4 and 7 year old kids ... I just can't sympathize with that, and I would probably be jailed too.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson