By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Man finds wife trying to commit suicide then beats her to death.

MrBubbles said:
its interesting that people want to take into account the mental health and stability of the woman, but fail to consider the extreme mental anguish that the man would be suffering at this time. so she is not guilty because of her problems, but in all likelihood he wasnt able to control himself either and by the same standard should be also not guilty of the crime.

MrBubbles, even though I am diagnosed psychotic, my wife kills my kids, I wouldn't kill her. C'mon, it would be my wife. the reason I ask someone to marry me(only done it once though) is because I love them more then life itself. My life partner, the other half of my soul, is in enough diress to strangle our kids and try to kill herself? Anger would not be what I felt.

Extreme sadness probably that my wife is in enough pain to do this, and one of our kids was lost in the process. I would try to get her mental help and be there for her no matter what... But, yanno, most likely when your wife kills your kids, you don't automatically think "Oh no, something's wrong with her mind, she needs help!" you instead think "That bitch killed our kids! RAGEMURDER!".  That is not the correct train of though.

All I really have to go by is what I would do in the situation. But remember, I'm not one to feel anger. I've also been involved in the mental health system for quite some time and they have taught my to take the side that doesn't involve murder...

'

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
TheEvilBanana said:
You're all cruelfags.

What if she had mental illness and killed her kids and suicide cause of that? -_-
Yanno, some people black out and do crazy shit. You support beating the mentally ill?

:'( Treat not beat please.

So what?  I m so sick of this defense... why the hell is everyone always so concerned about the mental health of the mother in cases such as this where she is responsible for the deaths of her kids?  It's like the cases involving the mom who drowned her kids in the bathtub or drove the car into a river.  Everyone's always like "Aww don't punish her, can't you see she's mentaly unstable and needs proper treatment and care."

Meanwhile, dad can come home from work one day and blow his family to hell, and nobody ever questions his mental capacity or pushes for him to get treatment.  Nope... everyone wants his head on a plate, or at least for his ass to rot in jail for the rest of his life.

And to answer your question, yes, I support beating the mentally ill.  Because there's no fun in beating "normal" people.

I am mentally ill and suffer from psychotic breaks and blackouts. Luckily I dont murder during those. Why am I concerned? She might not have been responsible. She might not have 'been there' when she did it. Now that's not for sure the case but it might be... I wouldn't like it if I black out and the next thing I'm experiencing conciously is my brain shutting down from death from being beaten. I would not enjoy.

Did I never say not to punish them? -_- The process of getting someone mental help involves finding out if their really insane. If they come up to be sane?

Punish!

Also I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be fun to beat me up. I just psychotically laugh like the joker when someone beats me.Some people might like it though.

MrBubbles said:
its interesting that people want to take into account the mental health and stability of the woman, but fail to consider the extreme mental anguish that the man would be suffering at this time. so she is not guilty because of her problems, but in all likelihood he wasnt able to control himself either and by the same standard should be also not guilty of the crime.

I agree.

That just shows the double standard sexist PoV most people have. I have no doubt that if man killed his children and the wife killed him in retaliation, she'd get far more sympathy. Also, I hate how some people think the wife shouldn't be held responsible because she might have "not been there" or "blacked out", but don't think the man should receive the same treatment even though he most likely blacked out or just briefly lost himself mentally in reaction to witnessing a very traumatic event.

“I want to live fully, very intensely. I would never want to live partially, suffering from illness or injury. If I ever happen to have an accident that eventually costs my life, I hope it happens in one instant.” - Ayrton Senna

If she was mentally unstable, she shouldn't be around her kids alone, especially at those ages. She may have not deserved something like that, but instead should've been saved, rehabilitated and had to deal with knowing she killed her son.