By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas UP, October 1st

smroadkill15 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:

No, just no. Forza is by far the EASIEST racing game I have ever played when it comes to taking corners. Burnout, NFS and Grid do not compare to the simplicity of flicking or barely moving the left stick in order to take a tight turn. Even on sim mode,with all assists off,  it's almost impossible to accidentally stick your rear end out over steering and underbraking into a tight turn. Even with 800hp at the rear wheels of a standard Dodge viper, the car controls like a BMW m3 with stiff springs and the gtr's traction control. The only thing you have to worry about in Forza is the gas/brake balance. Steering is nearly non existant. All in contrast to playing the gt5 demo at bestbuy for the first time, using a 458 italia at the nurburging, no assists. With a pad, I could not take a clean turn for the life of me without underbraking, oversteering, or overcompensating for drift, feeling the car slip out from under me every time. While Forza may have a good livery, tuning shop, online marketplace and background detail, a SIM it is not. Plus the exclusion of a weather system day/ night system, and the new "Definitive" simulator is not so Definitive after all. If gt5 had launched with just premium cars, people would call it the definitive racer of the gen. But because you want a team of only 140 to possibly render 800 cars in supreme detail in under five years, you'll never be satisfied.

No that's is just BS, you are not playing Forza if this is the case. Even in Forza Motorsport 1, you could only corner without braking if you used engine brakes (which is also possible in real life and GT5). If you don't brake during a corner, you go smack into the wall.

All this BS about cornering is literally just bs. When I play both Forza 3 and GT5, my corner speed is about the same. The only difference is that in GT5 I drift a lot more then I realize (have to look at replays), and thats probably due to a mix between inferior brake modeling and supperior weight shifting models. Forza 4 should top both GT5 and Forza 3 in this regard either way.

What? It's impossible to oversteer in Forza 3....

Weather is one thing GT5 has over Forza 4, but don't overplay this card. PGR4 models the most types of weather compared to any other racing sim, and I wouldn't call PGR4 the definitive sim because of this

You clearly don't know what you are talking about so I'm just not going to talk to you. Play Forza, get a wheel, maybe go on the track one day. The difference between Forza 3 and GT5 isn't major, and both have their own highlights to game and sim components. Forza 4 should beat both games in almost every retrospect.

and no, according to nearly 40 reviews on metacritics. Forza 4 is the definitive racing sim this generation. IGN gave it a full 10% above GT5 and the metascore is about 8% higher. There is a reason for that.

GT5 people unable to accept Forza 4 is supperior is just ignorance. When GT5 released a PS3 exclusive freind of mine blaimed the low score because "GT5 had to compete with Forza 3, where Forza 3 had no competition." Now Forza 4 has to compete with GT5, and it's clearly shown, according to most reviews, that it's supperior.

Just going to have to wait for some digital foundry type article to compare the sim nature of both games, but I would be shocked if GT5 was supperior. It afterall had about 1/4 the development time per person as Forza 4 had.

So are you denying the fact that turn 10 stated many times that they are trying to make the game more accesible and fun for everyone? what kind of racing sim allows you to rewind DURING a race. You'd have to be an idiot to believe that gt5 was rated fairly from mainstream reviewers. Almost every review cited the fact that gt5 is a "Disappointment for a game that took 6 years to make".  This was a clear case of US vs Japan developers. The bias was clear, but somewhat unintentional. You clearly don't know what your talking about because the only reason forza was rated higher was because it was a better GAME, not a better sim. Most reviews stated that Gt5 WAS a better sim. In forza, rwd and awd have almost no difference to the feel of the car. The fact of the matter is, the steering in forza is just too damn insensitive. That may have to do with wider tracks to ease difficulty or another unknown reason, but all i know is that the driving physics in forza is about as good as nfs carbon. This makes the game more boring overall and makes it too easy to win races. All in all, in forza your just fine using a controller, in gt5 they basically force you to use a wheel.

Lotus elise w/ race mod: GT5

Rice burner w/ fart cans and decals: Forza

Dude, the reason Turn 10 says Forza 3&4 is more accessable to casual gamers is because you can turn assets on and off. You can also turn rewind feature on and off in Forza 4. Turn 10 promotes turning assets off by giving you more XP and Cash, but someone new to the game can play it how they want.

You sound like a complete biased moron.  

rprtd

Around the Network

Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:

And he says bias is the reason why Forza has higher ratings over GT, when GT is the more established franchise. LOL

Some people just need to compensate for lacking........games.

Please tell me why the F you keep saying that I CLEARLY havent done/ doesn't possess something. I don't know you, you don't know me and will never meet me, so stop saying what I have and have not done.

Plus, I just wanted to add that in order for gt5 review scores to be higher than forza, the advertising budget has to be higher, so don't expect gt to get rave reviews ANYtime in the future. While this is true, some games do infact deserve the scores they recieve, just not most.

So you report someone else for being rude, and you curse at me as well?

Relax man. Your lacking Forza in your life, it's okay.

As for advertizing affecting scores? I'm fairly certain GT5 got a good amount of advertizing too, and since when does marketing affect quality? You're looking for excuses now.

Why did old GT's score much higher then GT5? GT4 had a smaller advertizing budget.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:

And he says bias is the reason why Forza has higher ratings over GT, when GT is the more established franchise. LOL

Please tell me why the F you keep saying that I CLEARLY havent done/ doesn't possess something. I don't know you, you don't know me and will never meet me, so stop saying what I have and have not done.

Plus, I just wanted to add that in order for gt5 review scores to be higher than forza, the advertising budget has to be higher, so don't expect gt to get rave reviews ANYtime in the future. While this is true, some games do infact deserve the scores they recieve, just not most.

As for advertizing affecting scores? I'm fairly certain GT5 got a good amount of advertizing too, and since when does marketing affect quality? You're looking for excuses now.

Why did old GT's score much higher then GT5? GT4 had a smaller advertizing budget.

that wasnt cursing at you, i was not directing an insult at you, just at the subject. He on the otherhand, insulted me personally.

Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:

that wasnt cursing at you, i was not directing an insult at you, just at the subject. He on the otherhand, insulted me personally.

Just because you didn't finish the word, doesn't mean you weren't swearing (cursing) at me.

Other guy was just being rude. He won't get banned because it's not against forum rules to be rude. I could tell someone they sound like a jackass all I please, so long as they sound like jackasses and I'm not just saying it to harass them.

He said "You sound like a complete biased moron." He didn't call you a moron, he was pointing out that the response you made, made you sound like one. It's rude, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be, and in all fairness the comment you made was done purly to insulting Forza fans (Forza a rice burner compared to GT5 a Lotus?), and it's pretty biased.

You should play both games before you start to make offensive comments towards other users, or the franchise. You clearly haven't played Forza 4, so you have no ground to say weather or not Forza 4 is a better SIM then GT5. Also I've watched many Forza 4 reviews, most say the simulation component in Forza 4 is really well done, many say it's the best they have ever seen, and I don't think I read any which directly compared GT5 to Forza. So reviews are still hinting that Forza 4 is the best sim.

Regardless, many people debating here, speak from actually playing the games. I've put in around 50 hours into GT5, and 60-80 in Forza 3. I've also put in hundreds into older GT's and Forza's, and I've raced on a track before, and plan to get a racing licence. I also play the game with a steering wheel (something most people here don't). I know when I say Forza 4 is a better sim, I say from personal experience, and the simple matter is I am a cat nut, and have a ridiculous amount of play time into race games.

You have zero experience with Forza 4, and I would bet very limited experience with Forza 3. For all I know you only own a PS3, which would lead me to believe that you have an affinity towards Sony and PD.

It's okay saying you prefer GT5 over Forza 3, but don't say the Forza franchise is essentially garbage compared to GT5, especially when you obviously haven't played much of it. Yes there are features in the game you might not like, but neither game is perfect. If you ever play an endurance race, rewind is appreciated. In real life you would be dead crashing anyway, so the fact you can retry is cheap enough/

Out of curiousity, what level driver are you in GT5?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:

Just because you didn't finish the word, doesn't mean you weren't swearing (cursing) at me.

Other guy was just being rude. He won't get banned because it's not against forum rules to be rude. I could tell someone they sound like a jackass all I please, so long as they sound like jackasses and I'm not just saying it to harass them.

He said "You sound like a complete biased moron." He didn't call you a moron, he was pointing out that the response you made, made you sound like one. It's rude, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be, and in all fairness the comment you made was done purly to insulting Forza fans (Forza a rice burner compared to GT5 a Lotus?), and it's pretty biased.

You should play both games before you start to make offensive comments towards other users, or the franchise. You clearly haven't played Forza 4, so you have no ground to say weather or not Forza 4 is a better SIM then GT5. Also I've watched many Forza 4 reviews, most say the simulation component in Forza 4 is really well done, many say it's the best they have ever seen, and I don't think I read any which directly compared GT5 to Forza. So reviews are still hinting that Forza 4 is the best sim.

Regardless, many people debating here, speak from actually playing the games. I've put in around 50 hours into GT5, and 60-80 in Forza 3. I've also put in hundreds into older GT's and Forza's, and I've raced on a track before, and plan to get a racing licence. I also play the game with a steering wheel (something most people here don't). I know when I say Forza 4 is a better sim, I say from personal experience, and the simple matter is I am a cat nut, and have a ridiculous amount of play time into race games.

You have zero experience with Forza 4, and I would bet very limited experience with Forza 3. For all I know you only own a PS3, which would lead me to believe that you have an affinity towards Sony and PD.

It's okay saying you prefer GT5 over Forza 3, but don't say the Forza franchise is essentially garbage compared to GT5, especially when you obviously haven't played much of it. Yes there are features in the game you might not like, but neither game is perfect. If you ever play an endurance race, rewind is appreciated. In real life you would be dead crashing anyway, so the fact you can retry is cheap enough/

If you keep on saying clearly I'm going to disregard all of your posts. Please just stop acting like you have goddamn fn telepathic powers. Who said it's garbage? For all I know, you have an affinity towards turn 10 and microsoft. All I know is that 95 percent of reviewers know fk all about what a simulator is. Gt5 was and is a better sim than forza 3, forza 3 and 4 were and are better tuners than Gt5 with better menues. Tuning options don't matter if their not translated into gameplay. Plus, I don't give a damn how non- biased your trying to sound, cause I'm not hiding anything. I've put in 15 hours in Forza 3, and about 10 in Gt5.

Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:

If you keep on saying clearly I'm going to disregard all of your posts. Please just stop acting like you have goddamn fn telepathic powers. Who said it's garbage? For all I know, you have an affinity towards turn 10 and microsoft. All I know is that 95 percent of reviewers know fk all about what a simulator is. Gt5 was and is a better sim than forza 3, forza 3 and 4 were and are better tuners than Gt5 with better menues. Tuning options don't matter if their not translated into gameplay. Plus, I don't give a damn how non- biased your trying to sound, cause I'm not hiding anything. I've put in 15 hours in Forza 3, and about 10 in Gt5.

I never said "clearly" Dunno what is offending you.

95% of reviewers know ---- all about what a sim is? and you know more?

15 hours into Forza 3 and 10 into GT5? Wow, that's a joke! I put in more time into PGR4 then you have into GT and Forza. I bet you play with a controller too, but you must know exactly how each game simulates despite this.

BTW GT5 and Forza 3 both have their highlights. Neither is uniformly better as a SIM. Had you played the games more then the beginers cup, you would have know that.

walking away now...25 hours, and you think you know everything.

Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:

95% of reviewers know ---- all about what a sim is? and you know more? See a professional drivers view on which racer is more realistic, not a lazy game reviewer that won't get off his arse to change the channel.

15 hours into Forza 3 and 10 into GT5? Wow, that's a joke! I put in more time into PGR4 then you have into GT and Forza. I bet you play with a controller too, but you must know exactly how each game simulates despite this.

BTW GT5 and Forza 3 both have their highlights. Neither is uniformly better as a SIM. Had you played the games more then the beginers cup, you would have know that.

Please just sthu.  Your blind if you can't see what you wrote in your own post. I don't HAVE to play both for 100 hours to immediately notice from the first race that forzas physics arent first rate. Come up with another excuse, or just please, refer to the first sentence.

Xerofortune said:
Michael-5 said:
Xerofortune said:

95% of reviewers know ---- all about what a sim is? and you know more? See a professional drivers view on which racer is more realistic, not a lazy game reviewer that won't get off his arse to change the channel.

Please just sthu.  Your blind if you can't see what you wrote in your own post. I don't HAVE to play both for 100 hours to immediately notice from the first race that forzas physics arent first rate. Come up with another excuse, or just please, refer to the first sentence.

There is nothing wrong with what I am writing in my posts. You are making a complaint, but never reference anything specific so I have no idea what you are talking about. Your sentance structure is terrible, this is probably why I have trouble understanding you.

Anyway, this debate is over. All you are returning to the debate is angry critisism towards me, and not the games in debate. Not one point in your last response was about any aspect of the games in debate. You are just a sore debater, especially when your compeditor stumps you.

I will finish my half of the debate by saying, maybe it's you who is blind to think there is a significant difference between the simulation aspects of Forza 3 and GT5. Both games do their own aspect better. Forza models tire deformation much much better, but GT5 does car balance a lot better.

Regardless of that. Forza 4 is much better then both games. With all my experience with racing games, I will say that Forza 4 takes the best features of the game AND sim aspects of GT5 and Forza 3 and makes them better. Forza 4 does have it's limitations, mostly to graphics with 16 players on track, but overall it's the best racing sim, and best quality racing game out there this gen.

Wow.

It's just that simple.