By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Favorite movie based on a videogame?

Favorite out of these?

Street Fighter 3 5.00%

Street Fighter 2 0 0%

Tekken 0 0%

Dragon Ball Z Evolution 1 1.67%

Resident Evil movies 15 25.00%

Mortal Kombat 18 30.00%

Mario Bros. 6 10.00%

Tomb Raider 9 15.00%

other 7 11.67%

Doom 1 1.67%

Total:60

Definitely Tomb Raider.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
Definitely Tomb Raider.

What did you think of Tomb Raider 2?

The game?

Prince of Persia I liked it alot.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I like this movie a lot. It has a bit too much technobabble, and isn't final fantasy like in hardly any way.
How sakaguchi and square thought that movie was going to be a success, is beyond me however.

The tomb raiders... they were very very fun (like the videogames imo). Not a masterpiece by any stretch.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I like this movie a lot. It has a bit too much technobabble, and isn't final fantasy like in hardly any way.
How sakaguchi and square thought that movie was going to be a success, is beyond me however.

The tomb raiders... they were very very fun (like the videogames imo). Not a masterpiece by any stretch.

Around the Network

I'm going with Mortal Kombat. Not because it's a great movie, but it's the only movie based on a video game that I think is watchable. Actually, that's not true. The Uwe Boll movies are watchable because they make me laugh.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I voted for other by which I mean none since pretty much all movies based on video games are horrible.

Lol @ Dragon Ball Evolution being in the poll
That's based on the anime (at least it's supposed to),not on the games.The games were based on the anime.

I LOVE the Resident Evil movies.

Tomb Raider 1/2 & Silent Hill were pretty good too.

Chris Hu said:
I voted for other by which I mean none since pretty much all movies based on video games are horrible.

This. I have yet to see a decent movie based on a videogame. Prince of Persia is the closest to decent,but awful nonetheless.