By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "PSN Pass" Confirmed for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Access

SecondWar said:
Jay520 said:
mantlepiecek said:

When you buy used, you buy it from the person who bought it from Sony. Sony has no responsibility in this case for you anyway. The person you bought it from should not have used the coupon for himself.

I don't see the problem.

I don't have a problem with the idea of an online pass. I just don't think it's being executed as effective as possible ( although this could be because the idea is still a new method). It would more effective if they gave used owners a demo of the multiplayer so they wouldn't be forced to blindly pay $10 for something they may or may not enjoy.

Then you should look towards THQ and Homefront. In that game, although there was *an online pass, you could still play multiplayer but you got capped at level 5 and were prevented from unlocking certain load-outs. There also isn't a limit as to how long you could play the multiplayer for without the pass. Think this is the sort of implementation your lookig for.

Yeah, that seems more effective

Around the Network
chapset said:
seams like they didn't learn with resistance 3, am looking forward to see uncharted 3 sell less then the previous ones, why is it ok for me to sell my used car with all the features but somehow my games cannot be sold with all of them. Gamers are already being screwed with incomplete games that get complete later with dlcs now this. if you buy the game and you don't like it well your screwed by 10$ if you try to resell it on ebay or kijiji

so when i buy a car used, i get 12 months free of on-star, and seriousXM radio?

also i get the bumber to bumber warrenty, and stuff such as that?

also, you dont complain that you cant resell and used that new opperating system you got on a disk for your computer, do you?

also you keep saying that if you buy it new and dont like it, its already worth $10 less. well we dont know that, but even if it is true and the trade in value is $10 less than a equivalent game with no online pass. theres always another side to that, lower trade in value means lower used game price, means you pay less for the used game.

so really it all balances out. if you want the game and buy it new, it doesnt effect you. if you later want the game and buy it used, then it either doesnt effect you, or it cheaper.

Ajescent said:
RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:
I don't appreciate these online passes. If you want the game, you'd get it new anyway. An online pass ain't an incentive to me- infact, it makes me less likely to buy the game used as I'll have to pay for extra online content, which means I'm less likely to buy the next installment in the series new, eventually leading to a decrease in new sales all round.

So, where's the point? Games are expensive enough as it is.

Searching for logic in this post...

Error. No logic detected.

secondary search in progress...

error- no logic detected.

Well I think hes trying to say that people who are new or not fans of a series dont usually buy the game new. They either  borrow it from a friend or buy used sometime down the line. This is how a lot of new people get introduced to a series and new fans are made. So when the sequel hits next time 'round, the original fans + the new fans buy it. This is how popularity of a game (sales wise) increases over a span of sequels. 

Now that people are discouraged to borrow or buy used, it breaks the cycle to some degree I guess.

Well that's the logic in his post I think.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

That's disappointing, not that it effects me, but it doesn't make Sony or Naughty Dog look good at all and it will cause a lot of hassle for some gamers in the future.

RolStoppable said:
cyberninja45 said:

Well I think hes trying to say that people who are new or not fans of a series dont usually buy the game new. They either  borrow it from a friend or buy used sometime down the line. This is how a lot of new people get introduced to a series and new fans are made. So when the sequel hits next time 'round, the usual first time buyers + the new fans buy it. This is how popularity of a game (sales wise) increases over a span of sequels. 

Now that people are discouraged to borrow or buy used, it breaks the cycle to some degree I guess.

Well that's the logic in his post I think.

That actually makes sense. Conegamer just skipped one or two thoughts then and that's why it seemed to be incoherent.

No, he was merely challenging us.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

Let's just say that I was probably going to buy it new at some point, now I'm not. The only way to disencourage (is that a word?) selling the game that I can agree with is making the game so good that no one want to sell it.

axumblade said:
Considering this is a Day 1 purchase for most people, I don't see the point of getting upset over it. I rarely buy used games and when I do, it's generally for a game that I had minor intereste in at one point but forgot it existed until I see it randomly at the bottom of a Gamestop special dump bin...

What I do find annoying about this new trend is that this pretty much what annoys me about cdkey in the past, is that I actually have to input stupid numbers, namely when I hate inputing anything with a controller, regardless if it is a DLC code or a pass. Well it could be worse, it could have been the trend of mandatory installation or on-disc DLC. 

Zkuq said:
Let's just say that I was probably going to buy it new at some point, now I'm not. The only way to disencourage (is that a word?) selling the game that I can agree with is making the game so good that no one want to sell it.

Well that is the point of multiplayer, it is the only reason that they introduced it, in order to ensure that people did not sell it, which is fair enough

And I think that Naughty Dog did a good enough job with Uncharted 2 that nobody should want to sell it

Good. I wish Microsoft would do away with "Xbox Live Gold" and apply an online pass to their 1st party games.
This way basic online gameplay would free for those who actually support game developers.

If you decide to support Gamestop instead then pay the $10 to play online.

Zkuq said:

No, its not. Sorry to go off topic but I feel the need to point out the word you were looking for was 'discourage'.