By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "PSN Pass" Confirmed for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Access

Griffin said:
This is a horrible idea and anyone who supports this is clearly blinded. Whats this you have two psn accounts, you have more then one kid, your friend wants to play the game, well too bad $10 for all of them. Want to sell the game well too bad, thats now $10 you get less for the game. Next gen you want to go back andplay old games, well the only place to find these games is used well too bad $10 more to play online.

It starts with the multiplayer and just you wait until they bring it out for singleplayer. Want to go back and play all those classic games well $10 for each of them.

Sony's online pass works for all PSN accounts on the PS3. And it can be gameshared across 5 PS3s too.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
This is a horrible idea and anyone who supports this is clearly blinded. Whats this you have two psn accounts, you have more then one kid, your friend wants to play the game, well too bad $10 for all of them. Want to sell the game well too bad, thats now $10 you get less for the game. Next gen you want to go back andplay old games, well the only place to find these games is used well too bad $10 more to play online.

It starts with the multiplayer and just you wait until they bring it out for singleplayer. Want to go back and play all those classic games well $10 for each of them.

just to clarify what mantlepiecek said:

the online pass will work on every single, account that you have on your PS3

as well as every single account on 4 other ps3's (5 total)

Jay520 said:
One has to wonder how effective this will be. If someone buys UC3 used and is only slightly interested in the MP, they're probably not going to pay the $10. That sucks, because they'll never know if the MP was for them or not. I don't like this "blindly pay $10, or don't play the MP at all" thing. They'll likely miss out on a lot of potential buyers that way. As a potential customer, they should be given the knowledge on what they would be paying $10 for, as opposed to just making a blind purchase....

They could have been more effective by cutting off most of the online instead of charging for online all together. I think it's fair if you offer a MP-demo for those who buy the game used. For example, they could limit online play to just a few maps/modes for those who buy it used. That way, they'll get a taste of the game and will be more inclined to pay the $10. This seems like it would be more effective IMO. I'm gonna post this idea on the psblog.

agree.

Jay520 said:
sergiodaly said:
Jay520 said:
mantlepiecek said:

When you buy used, you buy it from the person who bought it from Sony. Sony has no responsibility in this case for you anyway. The person you bought it from should not have used the coupon for himself.

I don't see the problem.

I don't have a problem with the idea of an online pass. I just don't think it's being executed as effective as possible ( although this could be because the idea is still a new method). It would more effective if they gave used owners a demo of the multiplayer so they wouldn't be forced to blindly pay $10 for something they may or may not enjoy.

you and no one is paying for anything blindly... i did not play a demo of la noire or anyone else and the game sold millions... like that, theres hundreds of games that you buy without really playing it or even see any picture of them... i didn't see a trialer, pic or what ever from U3 and i am buying it day one... that is a non issue.

you all can see videos on youtube, ear about it from friends, try it on friends house that did bought it new... you know, the way  you do with other games you decide to buy

Yeah, yeah, all that's fine and dandy, but wouldn't a quick demo of the mp be much more effective in letting someone decide if they'll buy the pass or not. I'm sure it'll cost ND minimum to simply include a short demo of the mp for those who want to try it out & I'm also sure they'll get a lot more people to buy the pass. The pros outweigh the cons in my scenario.

i agree that your point is valid... but is valid for all games... this is no special situation.

i do disagree when you say that someone has to do a blind buy... specially when you already play the SP campaign that features most of the gameplay mechanics used in the MP... naturally... so theirs nothing blind about it... thats all i am saying.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Original owner of a 2nd hand game is no longer playing, $10 extra is exactly that, extra money for no change in usage.

I'm no in anyway interested in the multiplayer, I never really liked U2's one, didn't know why it was there but I enjoyed the game.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Claymore said:
I buy most games new but I won't buy games with PSN pass by principle so I'll pass on Uncharted 3 like I passed up on R3.

Why deprive yourself of a great SP game? If you want to spite Sony buy used (which will be cheaper then normal used games) or rent and just play the SP game.

Most people buy Uncharted games for the Story mode as much as (or more) than the multiplayer. So by not buying in to the online pass thing at least with Uncharted you are still getting a very satisfying experience.

And why are people slamming Sony in particular for this, like saying "at least this doesn;t happen with Xbox 360"? Does that mean the 360 version of Rage won't have the used game lock thing?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Conegamer said:
I don't appreciate these online passes. If you want the game, you'd get it new anyway. An online pass ain't an incentive to me- infact, it makes me less likely to buy the game used as I'll have to pay for extra online content, which means I'm less likely to buy the next installment in the series new, eventually leading to a decrease in new sales all round.

So, where's the point? Games are expensive enough as it is.

i think you answered your own question.  i think the point is a year from now-ish sony will be offering uncharted 3 brand spanking new for ~$30 as a "best of" or whatever they call it.  now it will be hard for gamestop to put a used copy right along side it on the shelf for the "bargain" price of $27.50.