By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 3 Beta - Impressions

IllegalPaladin said:
Probably spent too much time badmouthing Call of Duty :P

Ha!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

I said I would try to not post anymore, because I don´t want this to be a let´s bash this beta topic but........

How can people compare this game to Bfbc 2........

You see what is happening to Gears??? It has gone main stream, and the amount of noobs/COD players that are on that game using the sawed off is unreal.

BF3 is going to be totally different then Bfbc 2 that sold "only" 6 M. The reason why COD games are exploited to the limit is because there are 20M players trying t get an edge on each other.

And yes, I am new to the franchise (and I as others, would like to be respected instead of the "ohh you must be new to all of this" kind of unnecessary comment), but guys like me are the focus of this beta, not the hardcore fans they already have.

And what this beta is showing me, is guys under the floor killing fools, and guys crawling around the map, Thank god for the other parts of the map, those are actually fun.

IMO they are showcasing the wrong mode to wow people....

Lets hope a patch is incoming.

Just played it. It was....very underwhelming.

So my download finished an hour ago now I am going to check out how bad it really is. Will post my opinion later.

Around the Network
amaral_slb said:
I said I would try to not post anymore, because I don´t want this to be a let´s bash this beta topic but........

How can people compare this game to Bfbc 2........

You see what is happening to Gears??? It has gone main stream, and the amount of noobs/COD players that are on that game using the sawed off is unreal.

BF3 is going to be totally different then Bfbc 2 that sold "only" 6 M. The reason why COD games are exploited to the limit is because there are 20M players trying t get an edge on each other.

And yes, I am new to the franchise (and I as others, would like to be respected instead of the "ohh you must be new to all of this" kind of unnecessary comment), but guys like me are the focus of this beta, not the hardcore fans they already have.

And what this beta is showing me, is guys under the floor killing fools, and guys crawling around the map, Thank god for the other parts of the map, those are actually fun.

IMO they are showcasing the wrong mode to wow people....

They are not under the floor. Its a glitch when you get the kill cam... If they are laying down, its trying to show you their face... which is facing down and thus the camera is pointing up...from under ground.

THis is beta.. there are quite a few glitches in the multiplayer and camera angles and such. Some should have been fixed by now and some can only really be seen with millions of new players from an open beta (glitches in connections and sound from squad mics).

Overall its a good game with some great potential. I had a blast tonight for a few hours. I don't care for rush mode, but it was still fun and I like some of the new stuff. It will take a bit to get used to some of the new animations that purposely slow you down as well as I think some of the guns need to be tweaked or more balanced, but I think its moving along nicely.

We'll definitely see a patch before launch and right after launch fixing some stuff and adding in some things people complained about.

I've just made it to level 13 on the PS3 and will give my opinions based on that. There are indeed ways to get under the map in the first section and in the second one. I just watched a guy under the ground plant the bomb at "A" in the first section. I was watching the bomb from 10feet away trying to shoot what looked like somehing sticking out of the ground as it ran away from the bomb after the plant.

The second section i was sniped from under the ground, i was in a closed off section and the "killcam" went like 100feet under the ground and looked at nothing no way anyone above ground could have killed me from where i was. But in the "killcams" it indeed does show under the ground when trying to look at the their face sometimes. It also shows people running have way in the ground when running over hills or any bumps in the terrian.

Interms of gameplay i'm really starting to like the game. The shooting and movement are pretty decent but not CoD smooth but it does indeed grow on you.

The sound is broken, just plain and simple. The guns will randomly change the sound they make. One second its an M4 next its making sounds from another gun. I've heard this happen on both "war tapes" and "home cinema" sound options. The guns have little to no directional sound. A guy shooting at me i should hear those shots but i don't. People running around i should hear them all the time but only a handful of times i have heard guys running by and was able to react to that. Compared to the godly direction sounds of games like MW2 where you can "sound whore" like a champ this was a big let down. Running 5.1 on ps3, i can try it with my headset tomorrow on the 360.

Would i buy this game at full price, i would if there was no CoD. I will no doubt buy this game down the line when its $20-$30 and after many patches to fix the game. After playing the last MoH by EA i'm really looking forward to the single player aswell. But on the otherside, this map no way represents what BF3 is about and based on that i'm kinda pissed.

Tried it but give it a proper try tomorrow.

I have to agree with some complaints. There is aliasing everywere its way worse then in Bad Company 2 but I hope it will be not that extreme in the final product. Same goes for the screen tearing.

The Map is is nothing like BC. No Destruction at all. Did they even turn it on ? It seems not at all. I seriously doubt this is recently coded. Its exactly like the alpha without destruction. No Vehicles its super bright and the light sources plus aliasing destracted me a lot tbh.

The Collision detection is screwed up etc. The Animations ARE WORSE then in BC 2. But its nothing that cant be fixed. The colors are like bleached outside and aside from some textures the game does look worse then BC 2 right now.

Its also very hard to see if glass is inside a window making me jump against windows thinking I was stuck somewhere.

Its harder to distinguish friend from foe then in BC 2 normal mode. One other thing is that its often the case I shoot a guy see him fall to the ground thinking he is dead and get shot from him because he just lied on the floor so now I have to waste ammo to shoot at corpses.

But enough from the bad things. It also has a great lighting the fact that you can decide if you want to be revived is great too. I like that they show KD in the ranking and some of the new stats are nice too.

Aside from the glitches and graphics which seriously can be all fixed in 1 month. The main problem is the Map there is NOTHING to show whats good about BF. It plays like a different game. Honestly a map like this shouldnt even exist in BF3. I have no clue what Dice was thinking creating such a map. I hope this was the only one like this. Maybe they werent able to make innercity maps in the Bad Company style. It plays nothing like Bad Company 2.

Were are the vehicles ? There is not one. If this is an attempt to be like Cod It teached me that I dont like Cod.

To all that think this represents in any point the gameplay that it should have it does not.I hope they patch it up before beta ends and open caspian border for everyone.

I think that so many are disappointed are not the glitches or graphic but that they managed to create a map that lacks everything what sets BF apart from all the other console fps.

I am baffled by this I cant understand why Dice thought this was a good idea.

Booh! said:
BF3 was severely hit by Selnor's curse. No game can resist that most evil spell.

Ha! I think Forza 4 will break that curse!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Griffin said:
Zkuq said:
To all the guys who complained this game promotes camping: No it doesn't, it promotes tactical gameplay. I've been doing pretty well in both the PC version and the PS3 version by moving, and actually thinking where I'm moving. I get low fps on PC and I'm a horrible at shooters on consoles so by no means do I have it that easy... But I'm definitely not a camper and I've been doing well enough (KDR has been above 1 in every round I think, and I've also managed to destroy quite a few objectives).

Anyway, to get slightly back on the camping issue, I'd say there's lots of stuff that requires skills other than just killing. Killing is only one thing that requires skill. If you want shooters that focus on killing, you should go play Quake or Unreal Tournament or something like that instead of trying teamplay-based shooters.

The matches already last long enough, most of us don't feel like crawing around the map to get kills and playing that way just ruins the game.  Oh look i can crawl along in a bush and kill people as they walk by and nobody knows where i killed them from.  And in the first area so many people are just playing sniper it destroys the game. 

The respawning on teammates is also screwed, i'll clear an area then some guy slips by then you have 4-6 guys now right behind you and the other 6 in front.  The game is as random and camp crazy as no other game.

This beta is doing nothing to help them sell the game.  If anyone thought ghost campers were bad in blops they haven't seen anything yet.

You are obviously playing the wrong game it you want shorter rounds and faster-paced gameplay. I'm not saying BF is a very realistic game but in the real world, you won't be getting very far if you walk in the open and expect to survive.

Respawning on teammates is a working gameplay-mechanic. Personally I'm not a huge fan of it but allows for more dynamic gameplay and less running from the spawn to the frontline. If you let that one guy slip by, too bad for you. It's annoying when it happens but it only means you should be more careful when you clear out an area.

You're right about the beta not helping to sell the game. It's buggy, and it's not CoD. It's also not entirely BF because it's mostly Rush instead of Conquest. I believe much of the camping problem (which I still don't recognize to have happened in the beta yet, although I want to play more so that could change but I doubt it) would disappear if we actually got to play Conquest when gameplay isn't focused on two static objectives. (And that's not to say objective-based gameplay always brings camping problems.)