By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 3 Beta - Impressions

superchunk said:

Netyaroze said:
@amaral_dlb

Do you play Bfbc2 ?

This "Camper" problem didnt existed to me . I hear this term only on the Internet.

Those informations combined with the direction and the distance the shoot came from helps a lot to know the position. Even when you saw nothing you can often guess which places he was.

I can say you one thing in Bad Company 2 its your own fault if campers kill you.

I say it here. Camping is a LEGITIMATE tactic in BF. There is nothing wrong with it. I do everything to win the game. 

Agree 100% with this.

People who complain about BF most likely have not been playing BF long. Sure, it happens, but once you learn BF specialties and map layout... its very rare and additionally, campers go away. Campers don't last long in BF as you can't make a game out of it. You'll die and won't get a good score at all.

You need a squad who sticks with each other and spawns on each other. You need to know the land and know where the normal spots are. You need to use destruction in your favor. (granted this only from BC2 and now BF3).

This game won't be any different. BF3 has a lot of hype and people are new to it. Many who are used to run and gun Rambo / camping in COD. In a week or so this will die down as it becomes useless and people realize that isn't how you play in BF to be successful.

Reminds me of my feeling towards Mag. Work together as squad and it feels so much more rewarding.

I really hope they open up the other map for everybody, I want some large map action rather than the bottlenecked Metro map. Even Bad Company 2's rush maps weren't so enclosed.

Around the Network

First thing first, yes i know its a beta.

Gameplay is smoother than BC2 imo. It feels a bit more fast paced and overall different from BC2.

The game is full of bugs. The running function didn't work for me for about half a game. I accidentally fell through the map twice. In one spawn my screen was saturated with a dark blue, not sure what that was. Finally the weirdest of them all, a big sound shriek caused my game to lose all audio and i began teleporting as well as enemies.

On to the graphics. I played other game betas and have seen that the final product is not that much better than the final product; only slight improvements. Textures and resolution are overall good. You bump into some low resolution textures occasionally like the sandbags or even 2d tree details and shrubs. The game is plagued with texture pop in and horrible aliasing in some areas imo. Also, the game tears and some of the lighting isn't good.

The game is a good overall. Bugs should get ironed out before release but in terms of visuals, i think thats what will be present on release. Definitely in the top 10 or 5 best looking multiplat titles, but far from the best looking game on console. Much like Crysis 2, i expect this to get called graphikz kiNg by many users such as Selnor.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:

Gameplay is smoother than BC2 imo. It feels a bit more fast paced and overall different from BC2.

The game is full of bugs. The running function didn't work for me for about half a game. I accidentally fell through the map twice. In one spawn my screen was saturated with a dark blue, not sure what that was. Finally the weirdest of them all, a big sound shriek caused my game to lose all audio and i began teleporting as well as enemies.

On to the graphics. I played other game betas and have seen that the final product is not that much better than the final product; only slight improvements. Textures and resolution are overall good. You bump into some low resolution textures occasionally like the sandbags or even 2d tree details and shrubs. The game is plagued with texture pop in and horrible aliasing in some areas imo. Also, the game tears and some of the lighting isn't good.

The game is a good overall. Bugs should get ironed out before release but in terms of visuals, i think thats what will be present on release. Definitely in the top 10 or 5 best looking multiplat titles, but far from the best looking game on console. Much like Crysis 2, i expect this to get called graphikz kiNg by many users such as Selnor.

Are you playing the PC version? Hit escape to go to the menu and close it to go back to the game and it should be fine again. That happens to me every now and then.

superchunk said:
ITS A BETA PEOPLE!!!

A month is a long time in development. Watch how many patches come out fixing these minor issues and graphics will improve across the board.

Man some of you are confusing demo with beta.....

That's the exact problem, it is a demo hidden behind the word beta. For one it's less than a month and do you really think the problems will be fixed by then??? It's not like they work on the game the day before it comes out. The game will go gold in the next week or two and start shipping. If they wanted to do a true beta it should have been 3-4 months ago not less than a month before release. Everything right now will be in the final game and will only be fixed with patches later on. You'll be lucky if they have a day one patch.    

smroadkill15 said:
superchunk said:
ITS A BETA PEOPLE!!!

A month is a long time in development. Watch how many patches come out fixing these minor issues and graphics will improve across the board.

Man some of you are confusing demo with beta.....

That's the exact problem, it is a demo hidden behind the word beta. For one it's less than a month and do you really think the problems will be fixed by then??? It's not like they work on the game the day before it comes out. The game will go gold in the next week or two and start shipping. If they wanted to do a true beta it should have been 3-4 months ago not less than a month before release. Everything right now will be in the final game and will only be fixed with patches later on. You'll be lucky if they have a day one patch.    

That's what's pissing me off so much this generation "Beta".

They'll iron out some issues, but many times they're really just hyped up demoes since chances are we wont get an official demo. It's sad because I remember playing Battlefield 2's demo for quite a while and having a blast. It hooked me and I eventually bought the full game soon after and played it for years. Now it's more like bam here's the game.... okay let's move onto the next yearly/bi-yearly release!

Around the Network

im ready for a update!!! dang glitches and the squad chat has not been working

Probably spent too much time badmouthing Call of Duty :P

IllegalPaladin said:

You would think with all the shit talk from EA and DICE they would atleast have a functioning multiplayer. I can't even connect to the servers. 

smroadkill15 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

You would think with all the shit talk from EA and DICE they would atleast have a functioning multiplayer. I can't even connect to the servers. 

Yeah seriously. Oh, don't forget shoving Origin and Battlelog on players too!

There's just not enough servers sadly and the ones that are there can't seem to handle them as evident to constant lag issues and the game freezing up for me. The way I've been doing it is filtering the servers that have the most open slots and joining the ones that aren't full, but aren't totally empty either. In many cases they usually fill up pretty quick.

IllegalPaladin said:
Solid-Stark said:

Are you playing the PC version? Hit escape to go to the menu and close it to go back to the game and it should be fine again. That happens to me every now and then.

Sorry i should have mentioned i played the ps3 beta.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)