By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 3 Beta - Impressions

Its a Beta if the game was without massive bugs Dice could have just released a Demo instead of a Beta. The graphics will improve same goes for the bugs. Maybe some slight Balance tweaks.

Betas ARE MESSY. If you think this is bad you should have played the betas I did in the past. Some were unplayable at first patches followed same here there will be fixes I am sure probably in the next days.

Around the Network

Im dissapointed gameplay wise I think resistane 3's gameplay is alot better, smoother

Netyaroze said:
Its a Beta if the game was without massive bugs Dice could have just released a Demo instead of a Beta. The graphics will improve same goes for the bugs. Maybe some slight Balance tweaks.

Betas ARE MESSY. If you think this is bad you should have played the betas I did in the past. Some were unplayable at first patches followed same here there will be fixes I am sure probably in the next days.

Yeah i know there is gonna be the problems here and there just like the Uncharted 3 beta that was literally unplayable for like the 1st day.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
omfg this game is full of bugs, big map areas , only snipers , i am always getting stuck on the floor, the controls dont responde sometimes.

i am disapointed

Lol take it easy it's only a beta.

Just finished downloading and installing it. Will play it later tonight and give out some impressions.

Around the Network

Man, I am sorry to say this, but, based on the hype this game has, this beta is..... BAD.

I mean, we all know it is a beta, but at the same time, we know it is only 1 Month from release, it is not like a U3 early beta, were there were bugs, but there was a lot of time to release date.

I am not even mad about the average graphics, because I know devs have to downgrade those to run a smoother game so that will not be a problem in the retail.

But the fact that guys are under the floor shooting people...... The fact that they choose a game type were you camp the objective, meaning, you are encouraging camping on a game were you don´t have killcams, you only see a third person view of what your killer is doing, but guess what 9/10, they are under the floor or camping in the buches, and can´t see where is that in the map.

I will not lie, that second part of the map is great, and I actually enjoy it, but that early part.... ugly

People bash MW over the years because of how few bullets it takes to kill, but how easy is it to kill in this game, you are running, fluidly, and it looks and feels great, all of a sudden boom, dead.

For me...... disappointed.

the beta is horrible o_o After a few beta's like Halo Reach and Gears of war 3...Their beta's wanted me to go out and get the game.... the Battlefield beta wants me to buy the next COD...

Shorty11857 said:
Griffin said:

The lack of killcams is also a big downside to the game. So easy to just camp some def spot and never move. When shooting your gun you don't show up on the radar aswell so its very hard to judge what is going on around you and where the enemy is and where your team is being killed by.

It shows you where the guy who killed you is after you die, it lasts for several seconds

The video of the guy who kills you is always a front view of his face and whats behind him.  Which most times is a bush, wall or corner.  A first person view or over his shoulder view would be so much better.

Regarding that this is a beta and will improve i must point out that this game is less then one month away from release.  Graphics won't be changed on consoles, PC players will get the improved graphics due to the beta being medium to high from my understanding.

@amaral_slb

"People bash MW over the years because of how few bullets it takes to kill, but how easy is it to kill in this game,

Lol seriously ? This is a complaint ? Never heard that complaint before. You should play Hardcore mode in BF there you need even way less bullets NO killcam at all no mini map friendly fire slow recovery. No Health bar for vehicle inside. The only complaint about MW3 I hear is camper bad animations and thats always the same. Its the first time I hear that someone complained about MW kills you to fast. How many magazines you think should be used to kill someone ? 1 Hit Shots are Snipers or some guy with a shootgun nearby. If you run across open fields its your own fault also you can see how shot you just take him out next time. Its often possible to flank the enemy and then kill him.

I saw that dice will fix the falling through the floor soon.

ITS A BETA PEOPLE!!!

A month is a long time in development. Watch how many patches come out fixing these minor issues and graphics will improve across the board.

Man some of you are confusing demo with beta.....