By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 3 Beta - Impressions

IllegalPaladin said:
Shorty11857 said:
Played the PS3 beta and really disappointed, it just feels off, I know it's a beta but the game comes out in a month. Dying twice from nowhere for no reason was the most annoying part though, no idea what happened there (no killer)

Weird, I've had some weird issues as well.  I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of Metro yet, but I've had some fun moments so far.

What's killing the experience for me right now in the PC version is that the game keeps disconnecting at the end of a battle and I lose my progress (score, ribbons and unlocks). It's getting frustrating because I've unlocked the same crap three times now.

*edit*
ugh it happened again... lost progress.

lol the Battlefield gameplay can be so fun. I had an enemy chopper fly into the ground 50 feet infront of me twice withing the span of 5 minutes.

Yeah that's what i meant by the lag issues lol it happened to me like twice.

Around the Network
chris212223 said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Shorty11857 said:
Played the PS3 beta and really disappointed, it just feels off, I know it's a beta but the game comes out in a month. Dying twice from nowhere for no reason was the most annoying part though, no idea what happened there (no killer)

Weird, I've had some weird issues as well.  I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of Metro yet, but I've had some fun moments so far.

What's killing the experience for me right now in the PC version is that the game keeps disconnecting at the end of a battle and I lose my progress (score, ribbons and unlocks). It's getting frustrating because I've unlocked the same crap three times now.

*edit*
ugh it happened again... lost progress.

lol the Battlefield gameplay can be so fun. I had an enemy chopper fly into the ground 50 feet infront of me twice withing the span of 5 minutes.

Yeah that's what i meant by the lag issues lol it happened to me like twice.

12% downloaded!!

man I'm so looking forward to downloading it tonight. Hopefully it will go quickly over dinner.... and them BAM I get to kill all of on the PS3!

psn id "superchunk2010"

superchunk said:
man I'm so looking forward to downloading it tonight. Hopefully it will go quickly over dinner.... and them BAM I get to kill all of on the PS3!

psn id "superchunk2010"

Hurry up download it now!! lol

EA servers are down on the 360 right now. But the first part of the level has so many bugs and falling through the map seems to be quite common.

EA still does not have the gameply right, all their games you don't get the sense of shooting somebody or getting shot. BC1, MOH and BF3 all have the same issue. In CoD i find it different i can feel each shot hitting my target and when i'm getting shot.

The lack of killcams is also a big downside to the game. So easy to just camp some def spot and never move. When shooting your gun you don't show up on the radar aswell so its very hard to judge what is going on around you and where the enemy is and where your team is being killed by.

Around the Network
Griffin said:

The lack of killcams is also a big downside to the game. So easy to just camp some def spot and never move. When shooting your gun you don't show up on the radar aswell so its very hard to judge what is going on around you and where the enemy is and where your team is being killed by.

It shows you where the guy who killed you is after you die, it lasts for several seconds

Lol 6% with my connection it might take a while. Probably cant play it before tomorrow. To guys that randomly died.

I heard that some players try to fall through the floor by purpose and then kill players from under the map. Could that be the reason for your dead ? Dont know if true or possible though.

Netyaroze said:
Lol 6% with my connection it might take a while. Probably cant play it before tomorrow. To guys that randomly died.

I heard that some players try to fall through the floor by purpose and then kill players from under the map. Could that be the reason for your dead ? Dont know if true or possible though.

Lol i did that recently and got 3 kills =p but it was by accident though.

Griffin said:

EA servers are down on the 360 right now. But the first part of the level has so many bugs and falling through the map seems to be quite common.

EA still does not have the gameply right, all their games you don't get the sense of shooting somebody or getting shot. BC1, MOH and BF3 all have the same issue. In CoD i find it different i can feel each shot hitting my target and when i'm getting shot.

Another bug i noticed was whenever i try to jump over something sometimes it just won't work and usually as im trying i just end up getting killed by someone. =|

This is awesome!!