By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So G4 Isn't Exactly Excited for Skyward Sword :P

She's entitled to her opinion but what she said here..

She just came off as..

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
If you look up biased in the dictionary, you find Morgan Webb's picture.
Essentially, it does not appear she likes anything Nintendo does.
Of course, Nintendo fans are not too crazy about her work either. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

Pretty much.

The thing is, she never used to be like that until a few years ago (or she did a better job at hiding it, maybe).  Now, like you said, she just seems horribly biased.

I'm very much looking forward to Uncharted 3; just as much as I am Skyward Sword, in fact.  And saying they'd like to see Zelda evolve a bit more is one thing.  But her childish yawn, pointing out the difference in graphics between SS and U3 (again, duh!) and this implication that Zelda needs to become more adult in order to remain relevant are completely absurd.

On the G4 totem pole, Halo with all the Xbox shooters are on the top. Sony's stuff is somewhere in the middle. JRPGs are toward the bottom, and then Nintendo's stuff is below that.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

archbrix said:
mike_intellivision said:
If you look up biased in the dictionary, you find Morgan Webb's picture.
Essentially, it does not appear she likes anything Nintendo does.
Of course, Nintendo fans are not too crazy about her work either. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

Pretty much.

The thing is, she never used to be like that until a few years ago (or she did a better job at hiding it, maybe).  Now, like you said, she just seems horribly biased.

I'm very much looking forward to Uncharted 3; just as much as I am Skyward Sword, in fact.  And saying they'd like to see Zelda evolve a bit more is one thing.  But her childish yawn, pointing out the difference in graphics between SS and U3 (again, duh!) and this implication that Zelda needs to become more adult in order to remain relevant are completely absurd.

And it's not like Uncharted 3 will be that much of an evolution from UC2 either (gameplay wise) but somehow that's not an issue for Uncharted but it's a big problem for Zelda.

Signature goes here!

Pavolink said:
Areym said:
Dude, I can't look at your avatar and not laugh, hahaha. You're right, I guess that unnecessary, but i've been quoted "off guard"(No IMO, etc) quite a few times and I'm scared of people showing their fancy  tables or graphs with sales info and lentghy paragraphs of how I am this and that, so I just do it naturally. 

Well, it's a little scary sometimes to just say "I don't like x game" because certain...people...and their fine answer like: "lol lol lol bad tastes!" in a serious mode...

PS:

Let me go ahead and save that pic for future reference :)

but yeah, I try to be as neutral as possible but one little word can set off a shitstorm to fans of x games or x console. Posting here is scary shit man.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Bla bla bla but the graphics herp de derp! Nothing sensible ever comes out that big mouth of hers. Although I must agree that Skyward Swords looks like a sleep-inducing game. Not excited at all.

Morgan Webb is a Nintendo hater, not surprised by that.

I'm pretty sure Skyward Sword has much, much more evolution in gameplay then the latest Assassin's Creed.

Seems to be more of a bitchy whine about graphics, than anything. Games like Wind Waker, World of Warcraft and Valkyria Chronicles have shown us time and time again that there's more to graphics than looking as realistic as possible.

BoneArk said:
Morgan Webb is a Nintendo hater, not surprised by that.

Exactly.  She hasn't had anything positive to say about Nintendo for years. She's just pandering to the "hardcore" audience, but she doesn't realize she's as hardcore as a Saturn full of Creed fans.

The early Zeldas may have been the greatest thing in gaming back than,but it looks boring.It's not just the graphics,but over gameplay seems super simple....

Mario Galaxy/2 is the same deal,it may have had good reviews,but nobody gave it GOTY awards....

This year we have Uncharted 3,Gears of War 3,Batman:Arkham City,Elder Scrolls V,Battlefield 3,Assassins Creed:Revelations,Rage-All games far more superior that Zelda..

Nitendo relies on old fans of the franchise to buy every fuckin' same game....