By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So G4 Isn't Exactly Excited for Skyward Sword :P

Oh fuck...again this mature/movie argument. If I wanted to see a Movie I would have bought a movie not a game...thank god Nintendo still exists otherwise I guess I would have stopped playing games a couple of years ago.

Around the Network

That was kind of a dick move but I agree with the evolution of Zelda. To a person who has not played a zelda since the SNES era, It has never appealed to me since SNES because I find it to be the same thing over and over. To me, Zelda has not moved passed a link to the past, the only zelda game I played...for about an hour. Of course, I'm probably wrong and my post is ignorant to Zelda fans but it just has not changed in my eyes. It's still a link to the past, it still bores me.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
That was kind of a dick move but I agree with the evolution of Zelda. To a person who has never, ever played a zelda, It has never appealed to me since SNES because I find it to be the same thing over and over. To me, Zelda has not moved passed a link to the past, the only zelda game I played...for about an hour. Of course, I'm probably wrong and my post is ignorant to Zelda fans but it just has not changed in my eyes. It's still a link to the past, it still bores me.

If you don't like it then it probably feels like you're just doing the same stuff over and over again. Zelda has changed a lot since A Link to the Past and every game has it's own unique features. But if you don't like the franchise you'll probably not notice it, just like haters of shooters can't see any difference from modern shooters and shooters from ten years ago.

chocoloco said:

The world looks like every other Zelda 3D world. It is not pretty on my eyes and I know it will look worse on my HD TV than an SD tv from experience. The enemies look the same as twilight princess. In all, it is hard to judge since I do not know how difficult the combat we be, but if it is easy it fails no matter what. Don't mean to complain, but this is my fav Nintendo franchise and I expect the best.

Is it really your Nintendo fav franchise? because is clear that you didn't see the information about the game. Is more like you are just complaining about Twilight Princess instead of look at all those new features, like upgrade system, higher difficult combat, big Sky/underworld, heavy puzzle game and fantastic art style.

You can say you don't like the art style, but is far from being a ugly game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

forest-spirit said:
Areym said:
That was kind of a dick move but I agree with the evolution of Zelda. To a person who has never, ever played a zelda, It has never appealed to me since SNES because I find it to be the same thing over and over. To me, Zelda has not moved passed a link to the past, the only zelda game I played...for about an hour. Of course, I'm probably wrong and my post is ignorant to Zelda fans but it just has not changed in my eyes. It's still a link to the past, it still bores me.

If you don't like it then it probably feels like you're just doing the same stuff over and over again. Zelda has changed a lot since A Link to the Past and every game has it's own unique features. But if you don't like the franchise you'll probably not notice it, just like haters of shooters can't see any difference from modern shooters and shooters from ten years ago.

You make a valid. It's my probably own biased opinion i suppose that hasn't given it a chance again. Not to mention, I haven't bought nintendo home console since, you guessed it, the SNES. But I feel there's something else than that. I can't explain it, I just don't like zelda games and I think it's because it isn't an RPG. I know it sounds weird but flashback long ago, when I first played it, I thought it was Zelda: a link to the past was an RPG(I remember thinking the name was so stupid and never made sense, since it was my first zelda game.) When I found out it wasn't, I shelved the thing and never touched, In fact I still have the cartridge. Ever since then, I took a dislike to Zelda games and to Zelda the character as well. Bitch don't know when to not get captured!

I'm sure the Zelda is more intricate and unique than I will ever, ever know, proven by the legion of fans it has such as yourself. Maybe one day, I'll give it another try...one day.......one....day....

Around the Network
Areym said:

That was kind of a dick move but I agree with the evolution of Zelda. To a person who has not played a zelda since the SNES era, It has never appealed to me since SNES because I find it to be the same thing over and over. To me, Zelda has not moved passed a link to the past, the only zelda game I played...for about an hour. Of course, I'm probably wrong and my post is ignorant to Zelda fans but it just has not changed in my eyes. It's still a link to the past, it still bores me.

Ummm, no. It's only your opinion, and its valid like any other. When a franchise does not appeal, every game is boring until they do radical changes. There's no problem for saying you don't like Zelda.

padib said:
Areym said:

Areym, you know I love you. But as a Zelda fan, I'm kind of... I don't know you played 1 hour of LttP?

The thing about Zelda you need to keep in mind is that it is a very traditional game. By definition, this kind of game needs to stay faithful to the prior entries in the series, it's just like Dragon Quest in that regard. It doesn't make the subsequent Dragon Quests less interesting to a DQ fan, but may turn off non-fans. There are qualities to a game being traditional, in that you come to expect certain elements in it.

Within that traditional scope, Zelda has also strived to redefine itself within a specific scope of gameplay. That comes in the form of RPG elements and alternate perspective (Zelda II), alternate realities and darker world (Majora's Mask), alternate visual style (Wind Waker), alternate controls and darker more serious theme (Twilight Princess Wii), and richness of landscape, vibrant colors, interactivity with in-world objects and environment, and glorious music (Skyward Sword). As these games release, you look forward to a Zelda experience that resembles the last one, but also outperforms it in one aspect or another.

As a Zelda fan I can tell you, they are all different and have each a very unique charm. Add to that the humor and character design in most of these games (Beetle, Ingo, Tingle, Darunia, etc. etc.) and you get a unique game that's fun to enjoy.

I feel the love man, I feel the love and I see your point. If I'm in the same page as what you just told me, Zelda resembles pokemon a bit. Pokemon has remained true to the elements that made it famous and a universally successful franchise, like Zelda of course. Granted, I love pokemon. I've played every generation, not a single pokemon has dissapointed me. So, in a way, their a bit similar, although as you put it, pokemon evolution's has been pretty a bit less than Zelda, other than different little features, like Night and Day timing, double/triple battles, etc.

As far as playing lttp for an hour, it was a looooooooooong time ago, back when I was, like 8 or 9. I think zelda is a great franchise and it will continue to be, Zelda fans seem very loyal, given all the Zelda/Link avatars in this site.

Pavolink said:
Areym said:

Ummm, no. It's only your opinion, and its valid like any other. When a franchise does not appeal, every game is boring until they do radical changes. There's no problem for saying you don't like Zelda.

Dude, I can't look at your avatar and not laugh, hahaha. You're right, I guess that unnecessary, but i've been quoted "off guard"(No IMO, etc) quite a few times and I'm scared of people showing their fancy  tables or graphs with sales info and lentghy paragraphs of how I am this and that, so I just do it naturally. 

If you look up biased in the dictionary, you find Morgan Webb's picture.
Essentially, it does not appear she likes anything Nintendo does.
Of course, Nintendo fans are not too crazy about her work either. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Areym said:
Dude, I can't look at your avatar and not laugh, hahaha. You're right, I guess that unnecessary, but i've been quoted "off guard"(No IMO, etc) quite a few times and I'm scared of people showing their fancy  tables or graphs with sales info and lentghy paragraphs of how I am this and that, so I just do it naturally. 

Well, it's a little scary sometimes to just say "I don't like x game" because certain...people...and their fine answer like: "lol lol lol bad tastes!" in a serious mode...

PS: