By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So G4 Isn't Exactly Excited for Skyward Sword :P

Mr Khan said:
Damn these school computers and their lack of flash

It doesn't surprise me, since Webb once decried Galaxy as "kiddie" and later went on to praise Ratchet and Clank. Not to say R&C is bad, but the level of juvenile humor is arguably worse than any mainline Mario game. They have a crooked anti-Nintendo bias just like most other media outlets.

Indeed, i find it hard to think of any outlet that isn't Nintendo-centric that will at least give them a fair shake. Here, perhaps (though the editorials wouldn't have you see it that way)

Screwattack usually is fair and love all three. Given they trolled sony fans from 2007-2008*.

*The bad years for Sony and in the years were sony fanboyism was at the highest.  

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

I agree with their statements on Zelda 100%, it looks banal.

Really? Even with the MotionPlus integration affecting the entire game the way it does? I guess that's your opinion, but hands on impressions are really enjoying the differences that motion controls provide. I guess we'll see soon enough. ^_^

And yes, there's Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, and Tomb Raider (which they also weren't keen on, strangely enough.), but their views on Zelda was definitely the most... entertaining. ^_~

Smeags said:
chocoloco said:

Really? Even with the MotionPlus integration affecting the entire game the way it does? I guess that's your opinion, but hands on impressions are really enjoying the differences that motion controls provide. I guess we'll see soon enough. ^_^

And yes, there's Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, and Tomb Raider (which they also weren't keen on, strangely enough.), but their views on Zelda was definitely the most... entertaining. ^_~

The idea behind the new Tomb Raider seems like the most interesting thing going on on the HD consoles this holiday from my perspective, although what they showed at (i think it was Microsoft's) E3 was way too entirely scripted, but the general idea seems more interesting than anything else going on right now

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Smeags said:
chocoloco said:

The world looks like every other Zelda 3D world. It is not pretty on my eyes and I know it will look worse on my HD TV than an SD tv from experience. The enemies look the same as twilight princess. In all, it is hard to judge since I do not know how difficult the combat we be, but if it is easy it fails no matter what. Don't mean to complain, but this is my fav Nintendo franchise and I expect the best.

G4 still covers video games??? Wow.... Last time I checked when visiting my parents the only shows they showed were Cops, Campus Police, and not too sure what else. G4 is a laughing stock. They pulled a fucking MTV. MTV used to show music videos. I believe they still do late at night after their 14 hour block of "reality" bullshit.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Smeags said:
chocoloco said:

The idea behind the new Tomb Raider seems like the most interesting thing going on on the HD consoles this holiday from my perspective, although what they showed at (i think it was Microsoft's) E3 was way too entirely scripted, but the general idea seems more interesting than anything else going on right now

I agree the Tomb Raider game seems to have taken a fresh approach for itself as a series and that is what I want out of Zelda. Will they deliver? Only time will tell.

chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:
Smeags said:
chocoloco said:

I agree the Tomb Raider game seems to have taken a fresh approach for itself as a series and that is what I want out of Zelda. Will they deliver? Only time will tell.

I would say moreso than motion plus the difference comes in from a new focus on customization. The bigger question on Skyward Sword does not hinge on motion plus, but on how open the world presented actually is, and how the Silent Realm, World Below, and Sky all interact. The Wind Waker set the right tone in this regard in that they had a huge world, but so much of it was superfluous. A world with Wind Waker's scope, but with Majora's Mask's degree of stuff to do, that would make for a comprehensively new experience

Despite my interest in the concept, i haven't paid any attention to Tomb Raider, and the game seems to be sliding below the radar this season compared to the heavier hitters from each camp

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

padib said:
Smeags said:

And yes, there's Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, and Tomb Raider (which they also weren't keen on, strangely enough.), but their views on Zelda was definitely the most... entertaining retarded. ^_~

fixed

*laughs* Well I was trying to put it a bit more nicely (I'm listening to jazz right now with RainyMood.com on, so I'm being classy! ), but yeah... that works too.

Zelda will be awesome... no yawns needed! *hi-5*

Of course they're entitled to their opinions (which I don't agree with, BTW), but I agree with many here that Morgan Webb just sucks lately.

"Yawn."  "Look at how much better the graphics look and how much more adult Uncharted looks."

Well, duh!  First, it's on PS3, and second, Zelda is not meant to be adult the way Uncharted is.

"We'll never see Zelda on a modern console with modern graphics.  We're never going to see that."

Again, duh!  It's a Nintendo game; of course you won't see it on a modern HD console.  And too imply that we'll never see Zelda in HD is ludicrous.

Meanwhile in the Americas pre order chart...

7 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii 9 30,470 347,238

12 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception PS3 6 14,847 248,658

Fortunately, the market thinks differently.