By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 3 best game of all time?? (Spoilerfree)

It would appear that Gears of War is the best and most advanced game of all time. The campaign has me saying "Holy Shit" all the way through so far. Its 4 player co-op is unbelievably insane! Its multiplayer is amazing. The dedicated servers makes it the smoothest console game thus far. Horde 2.0 blows Horde out of the water with its new currency system and variety of enemies. Beast mode is good, although it could be longer. The private game settings makes things really interesting. This game is just a blast. You need to buy it!

This should win GOTY!!

Lets keep this spoiler free but lets hand it to epic. Tell what you like about this game the most! 

Around the Network

"The dedicated servers makes it the smoothest console game thus far."
No, just no. It maybe the best game ever but this is just bs. There are many other smooth console games that use dedicated servers at which point further improvement isn't necessary or noticeable.

No.

TBH I was a bit dissapointed with it, I much prefered 1 and 2. Although I must point out I only play the campaign modes, nothing else really interests me.

Still a great game though and as you said "You need to buy it!"

I've completed the first act and half of the second, played beast mode and played horde mode I can say it's a great game and so far a great sequel to Gears of War 2. I haven't tried the multiplayer mode but I'm sure it's cool.

I really like beast mode but I really wish they would have made it so that we can be against real players. It would have blown Left 4 Dead out of the water!!

Around the Network

well i wouldn't say its the best game ever but if you have a 360 and don't own all 3 gears then your missing out.

I proffered Gears 2's single player if I'm honest, Gears 3 wins multiplayer due to beast mode though

Way better than Gears 2 and slightly better than Gears 1. Best of all time? Prolly not...

Best TPS ftm maybe (until UC3), but Best Game of All Time? You serious dude?

Far from best game ever but could well be in the top 10 games this generation.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!