By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas UP-10th September

ethomaz said:
Nintendogamer said:
So I guess PS3 will do about 195K, 360 : 120K and Wii : 102,500 worldwide.

For that happen PS3 needs to sell less than 64k in EMEAA... last week it sold 83k... so I can't see PS3 selling less than 200k this week .

Oh well at least wii tops 88M WW.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

i'd like to think Dead Island did even better. Game is sold out at a lot of local stores in the US.

It's just that simple.

I'm confused, people complain about lacking AI in games, but zombie games always sell bucket loads...
Bash in some ugly faces with your buddies, what has my hobby come to.
The you tube videos do look like a lot of fun though.

Star fox did some pretty good numbers it probably wont reach a million plus like zelda but i can see it doing 500,000 or more. Also wasnt expecting dead island to do that good judging by the preorder charts.

poroporo said:
Disgaea 3 1st week US - 20,407

Wow @ D4.

Now it's all about legs, Disgaea 3 did impressively well eventually with such a slow start.  I don't think Disgaea 4 will get up to 10 times the starting week like 3 did but even if they end up at the same numbers it's always better for publishers to sell sooner rather than later for a bargain price.  We'll just have to see how it ends up doing in the weeks to come.

Around the Network

i think that very first CGI trailer of dead island, sold a good few copies! Great numbers for a new IP, us gamers love our Zombies :) (not so much me though :P)

Dissapointed in ps3 numbers...would have liked it to be at 70k, but that was probably asking for too much. Hopefully next week it will be up.

3DS numbers looking good seems to have stabilized :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

3DS doing good, and it's supposed to the the silence before the explosion, cause Mario's on the way and Christmas too

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

kowenicki said:

Res3 not a great opening... will do better in EMEAA (or rather it should given the amount of advertising spend - its on TV almost permanently and in high profile programs too)

PS3 will be down quite a bit YOY for next few weeks. Wii is down YOY massively.... 360 awaits its price cut (massively down next week YOY (REACH anniversary)

3DS.. ok I guess... PSP needs Vita.

I've seen it a few times. 'Almost permanently' is a complete exaggeration. I've seen games advertised on the tv far, far more than it.

Dead Island is heavily undertracked just to let ya guys know. Sold out company wide week 1 and the developer says they already went through 2 million shipments across all platforms.

BenVTrigger said:
Dead Island is heavily undertracked just to let ya guys know. Sold out company wide week 1 and the developer says they already went through 2 million shipments across all platforms.

Interisting. How are the 3ds sales going at your stores post price cut?