By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Box-Office Thread.

Can Disney beat Universal's record 2015 domestic gross - $2.445 billion?

It will fall short of tha... 4 13.33%

Finding Dory, Doctor Stra... 20 66.67%

It's going to be very cl... 6 20.00%

Total:30
pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
The Avengers will gross more than TDKR imo. The trailers for TDKR so far look TERRIBLE!

Haha seriously...I won't listen to a Titanic fan when it comes to Batman (that includes Darth!!)

Im not a titanic fan, im just up-voting it [http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142568] because everyone else is downvoting it, and there are much worse films! AKA ET and Twilight etc.

Around the Network
pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
darthdevidem01 said:
man-bear-pig said:
The Avengers will gross more than TDKR imo. The trailers for TDKR so far look TERRIBLE!

Still waiting for your breakdown of the $2 Billion Hobbit is gonna do!

Okay...

550-600 million in USA

1.4-1.6 bn elsewhere

They should lock you up for being bad at predicting!

Time will tell...

Batman will not be beaten, it can't, it won't!

Darn Nolan for declining 3D, I knew it would backfire!

man-bear-pig said:
darthdevidem01 said:
man-bear-pig said:

Still waiting for your breakdown of the $2 Billion Hobbit is gonna do!

Okay...

550-600 million in USA

1.4-1.6 bn elsewhere

So it's gonna be higher than any LOTR film adjusted in Americas & be over Return Of The Kings TOTAL gross wordlwide while doubling its Overseas gross.

Pray tell how it will achieve this?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

man-bear-pig said:

The TDKR trailers are better than the whole Avengers movie. If you seriously think they are horrible ,then I guess Batman just isn't for you.

Edit: And you obviously don't know ANYTHING about how the boxoffice works.

Around the Network

I agree with Mordred TDKR trailer actually gave me more goosebumps than anything in Avengers & just felt better made.

I wonder if in 10 years people will remember Avengers....great action can get stale...but a great story cannot...it didn't have the latter.

Mordred11 said:
man-bear-pig said:

The TDKR trailers are better than the whole Avengers movie. If you seriously think they are horrible ,then I guess Batman just isn't for you.

Au contraire!

The dark night is one of my favourite films of all time. I think the trailers are crap because batwoman is terrible, and it just looks dull without the joker. You people are overestimating it...

Oh, and i, of course, am talking about the 2 hobbit films combined

spurgeonryan said:
Darth you obviously watched a bootlegged version in your basement by yourself. After words. You possibly fapped to titanic.we had cheering, group laughing, and everyone on the dge of their seats! You must have seen the marigold hotel movie with maggie smith or something or you snorted some acid when you saw it. The movie was brilliant.

I fap to Titanic every day my friend. 

A bootlegged version would mean I would have hated it though as the action/effects would've seemed much worse.

Bootlegged version or not, when the story is so weak all else crumbles around it. Like I said in 10 years I won't remember The Avengers much as it wasn't a memorable tale. 

after Avengers I had to come back and see the Emperor/Vader/Luke showdown of Star Wars Episode VI to be reminded of what a great story is TROLOLOL! 

man-bear-pig said:
Oh, and i, of course, am talking about the 2 hobbit films combined

Is this a copout?