By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

quality in a game is subjective.

but.
if you buy something, it doesn't mean it will entertain you.
It doesn't mean that it's the best to anyone. Maybe at most, it is acceptable to the most people.

It means you think it will entertain you, you don't know if it will or not when you buy a movie/game etc. So, a better argument would be that the sales is how many people think that that game will be fun enough to justify the cost. Which is popularity.

So you are saying quality = polularity?

Around the Network
kickazz113 said:
killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:
killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:
killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:

if popularity equal quality then justin bieber will be the best singer ever

Oh you read the whole post already? and came up with that? Here answer this question correctly and you win

If the people who spend their money on a product doesn't determine quality. Who does?

ok so wii sport outsold halo 3 and that mean wii sport is a better quality game??? hate to say this but u need to get ur eye fix

Nice example  use a game that is bundled with the console. Now pick a game that's not bundled with the console. 

ok mario bro, that isnt in a bundle and still outsell quality game like uncharted 2, god of war etc

I'm guessing your talking about the 2-D ones. That's not hard. 2-D mario appeals to almost anybody. uncharted 2 and god of war appeal to more of a teen to young adult age. Which one can bring in more sales? Exactly. Sales is the best measuring stick to find how much quality is in a game

nonescense, how is sale determine quality????? toyota outsell BMW but BMW still has higher quality, well since ur a nintendo fanboy(base on ur pic). sale mean everything to ppl like u

Vehicles are not forms of entertainment; they are tools used for transportation and their quality is measured in terms of performance vs. affordability.

Sales=Quality is only applicable to things entirely of subjective nature, such as entertainment. 

kickazz113 said:

nonescense, how is sale determine quality????? toyota outsell BMW but BMW still has higher quality, well since ur a nintendo fanboy(base on ur pic). sale mean everything to ppl like u

Is it really okay to compare something in the thousands to a $50-60 items, on top of that huge price gap between a cheaper car compared to the BMW? Think about the example you make before making yourself look/sound stupid.

DeadNotSleeping said:

God of War and Uncharted 2 have succeeded in entertaining you.  So your subjective opinion is that they are better.  However, they have failed to entertain as many people as Mario, ergo Mario is objectively better.  Personally, I liked Uncharted 2 better, but that's just me.  I'm a little outnumbered on this planet.

See though, you have a meaningful opinion because you played both and found one better.  On the other hand you can't just look at sales numbers and say that equates with which is better because all those people didn't play both and make a decision, they just bought the genre they wanted, platform they had, and game they heard about.  I doubt many of those sales equate to someone who actually got to try both and make a fully informed decision about which was better and those would be the only sales I would count as a reasonable measure of quality.

Lol. I needed a good laugh for today.

Around the Network
kickazz113 said:
killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:
killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:
killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:

Oh you read the whole post already? and came up with that? Here answer this question correctly and you win

If the people who spend their money on a product doesn't determine quality. Who does?

ok so wii sport outsold halo 3 and that mean wii sport is a better quality game??? hate to say this but u need to get ur eye fix

Nice example  use a game that is bundled with the console. Now pick a game that's not bundled with the console. 

ok mario bro, that isnt in a bundle and still outsell quality game like uncharted 2, god of war etc

I'm guessing your talking about the 2-D ones. That's not hard. 2-D mario appeals to almost anybody. uncharted 2 and god of war appeal to more of a teen to young adult age. Which one can bring in more sales? Exactly. Sales is the best measuring stick to find how much quality is in a game

Nope don't care if Nintendo get's sales or not as long as they are able to serve my tastes I just hate lies.  Sales tell us who is willing to give their hard earned money to buy a product they think the value in the product is worth it. To people like you sales are just numbers but they are blood and flesh people who have their own lives. That's how

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

DeadNotSleeping said:
kickazz113 said:
killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:
killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:

God of War and Uncharted 2 have succeeded in entertaining you.  So your subjective opinion is that they are better.  However, they have failed to entertain as many people as Mario, ergo Mario is objectively better.  Personally, I liked Uncharted 2 better, but that's just me.  I'm a little outnumbered on this planet.

so ur saying mario is better than games like gear of war, halo, uncharted???? wow do you know the term of quality??? uncharted 2 won soo many award why??? quality!!! quality is base on the games its story, gameplay, grpahic mutiplayer etc....

McDonalds vs any super high end restaurant.

Sales = quality of food?

killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:
killeryoshis said:
kickazz113 said:

Nice example  use a game that is bundled with the console.(That you can't pick a wii without) Now pick a game that's not bundled with the console. 

Wii play. Nuff said (you can buy a wii mote, without the game anyway). if you think that Wii play is better than Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 quality-wise, then... I guess our perspectives are so different that there is no point arguing with you. So the OP seems to ignore the significance of marketing.

To be honest when I read the title I though the thread was a joke. However, I have to say that I do see the OP's point. SInce making movies for example is about profit, what's the purpose of making a movie that doesn't earn much? Same with music, books etc. Now what I don't get is why the OP calls success quality, since they are two completely different shows. Jersey Shore is one of the most successful US tv shows right now, but far from the best quality-wise.

Damn kickazz113 got banned that quick.