By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Might “Not Have A Choice” But to Remake Halo 2 in HD

Lyrikalstylez said:
o_O.Q said:
lol microsoft defense force out in fulll force

This Is the Microsoft Forum is it not

Somebody said the exact same thing in another thread, just SONY instead of Microsoft, maybe he was just pointing out double standards.

Around the Network

mantlepiecek said:

8 God of War games out of which many are for PSP. If you include only those for the PS3 you will see that its not as many as Halo. And with origins all God of War games will be made for the PS3. If you do include PSP games then that would be like including Mass effect 2 on PSN and Mass effect 2 on PS3/360 as seperate games.

Ratchet and Clank is milked franchise. Its common knowledge.

Also look at the bolded. 5 Halo games between 2009 and 2012.

MS should just start announcing when they are not releasing a Halo game from now on. That would be more convinient.

1st I have zero idea why you would try to pretend like releasing a game for the PSP means something.  It doesn't in any way shape or form and its still just pushing more games in the same franchise.  But tell you what allow me to continue the owning of this thread real quick.

Metal Gear Solid titles released since 2004

Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snake released in 2004

Metal Gear Solid 3:  Snake Eater released in 2004

Metal Gear Acid released in 2004

Metal Gear Acid 2 released in 2005

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops released in 2006

Metal Gear Acid Mobile released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid Mobile released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots released in 2008

Metal Gear Online released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid Touch released in 2008

Metal Gear Acid 2 Mobile released in 2009

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker released in 2010

Metal Gear Arcade released in 2010

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection realases in 2011

Metal Gear Solid Rising releases in 2012

That's 15 games in 7 years.

Mario has appeared in 77 games since his original creation in 1981 so that 77 games in 30 years.

There's been 33 Singstar games ( a Sony 1st party game) since its creation in 2004.  That's 33 games in 7 years.

Trust me you don't want to continue down this path with me.  I will win all day with ease while putting forth very little effort.  As I said if anyone truely believes Halo is a milked IP they either A) Simply don't know their history and statistical facts or B) is overly biased on the topic at hand.  Pick your poison.

Well I would love to see Halo 2 remade with achievements. I will be purchasing Halo:CEA and I would buy Halo 2 as well. It would be nice to have all of the Halo games in HD.

BenVTrigger said:

mantlepiecek said:

8 God of War games out of which many are for PSP. If you include only those for the PS3 you will see that its not as many as Halo. And with origins all God of War games will be made for the PS3. If you do include PSP games then that would be like including Mass effect 2 on PSN and Mass effect 2 on PS3/360 as seperate games.

MS should just start announcing when they are not releasing a Halo game from now on. That would be more convinient.

1st I have zero idea why you would try to pretend like releasing a game for the PSP means something.  It doesn't in any way shape or form and its still just pushing more games in the same franchise.  But tell you what allow me to continue the owning of this thread real quick.

Metal Gear Solid titles released since 2004

Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snake released in 2004

Metal Gear Solid 3:  Snake Eater released in 2004

Metal Gear Acid released in 2004

Metal Gear Acid 2 released in 2005

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops released in 2006

Metal Gear Acid Mobile released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid Mobile released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots released in 2008

Metal Gear Online released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid Touch released in 2008

Metal Gear Acid 2 Mobile released in 2009

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker released in 2010

Metal Gear Arcade released in 2010

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection realases in 2011

Metal Gear Solid Rising releases in 2012

That's 15 games in 7 years.

Mario has appeared in 77 games since his original creation in 1981 so that 77 games in 30 years.

There's been 33 Singstar games ( a Sony 1st party game) since its creation in 2004.  That's 33 games in 7 years.

Trust me you don't want to continue down this path with me.  I will win all day with ease while putting forth very little effort.  As I said if anyone truely believes Halo is a milked IP they either A) Simply don't know their history and statistical facts or B) is overly biased on the topic at hand.  Pick your poison.

In terms of console gaming,  which is what most of us are referring to in this thread (As Halo is in fact a console game).  It's one of the most milked console franchises currently on the market.  Falling in close proximity to Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, etc. There is very few games on the market that have been milked as hard as Halo has this generation.  Very few.

Grasping at straws on 'Upscaled' PS2 games is really reaching to epic proportions.  Even more pathetic is trying to incorporate Handhelds.   Just imagine if Microsoft had a handheld. Jesus Christ,  We would have 14 Halos on the market from 2009-2011.  

Halo is one of the worst violaters in the industry today.  It's fine if it's all good and you enjoy the games but denying this just shows your true position and makes me laugh hysterically as you try to stand on your broken platform.

Rpruett said:

In terms of console gaming,  which is what most of us are referring to in this thread (As Halo is in fact a console game).  It's one of the most milked console franchises currently on the market.  Falling in close proximity to Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, etc. There is very few games on the market that have been milked as hard as Halo has this generation.  Very few.

Grasping at straws on 'Upscaled' PS2 games is really reaching to epic proportions.  Even more pathetic is trying to incorporate Handhelds.   Just imagine if Microsoft had a handheld. Jesus Christ,  We would have 14 Halos on the market from 2009-2011.  

Halo is one of the worst violaters in the industry today.  It's fine if it's all good and you enjoy the games but denying this just shows your true position and makes me laugh hysterically as you try to stand on your broken platform.

One days you guys will learn.  You really truely will.  But thats fine I'll continue, you see thats the beautiful thing about what I do, I don't let personal things get involved........at all.  I use cold hard numbers and have this whole time but if you insist then fine lets continue the video game history lesson.

Console Game this Generation Per Franchise.

Call of Duty:  Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty World at War, Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, Grand total of 6 games this games this generation

Assassins Creed:  Assassins Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, and Revalations 4 games this generation

Guitar Hero:  Guitar Hero 2, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero 5, Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Guitar Hero Metallica, Guitar Hero Van Halen, Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Grand total of 10 games this generation

Singstar:  Singstar Abba, Singstar Queen, Singstar Motown, Singstar Chart Hits, Singstar Take That, Singstar Latino, Singstar Dance, Singstar Guitar, Singstar Back in the 80's, Grand total of 9 games this generation

Mario:  Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 8, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Sports Mix, that a total of 11 games this generation

Halo:  Halo 3, Reach, ODST, and Wars. 4 games this generation  (I would've included Halo CEA but since you stated that the HD remakes of PS2 games don't count then neither does Halo 1)

I'm just getting started if you would allow me to continue to put up more franchises that this generation on consoles alone have more releases or the same amount as Halo I would be more than happy to oblige.  Trust me this is fun

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Rpruett said:

One days you guys will learn.  You really truely will.  But thats fine I'll continue, you see thats the beautiful thing about what I do, I don't let personal things get involved........at all.  I use cold hard numbers and have this whole time but if you insist then fine lets continue the video game history lesson.

Console Game this Generation Per Franchise.

Call of Duty:  Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty World at War, Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, Grand total of 6 games this games this generation

Assassins Creed:  Assassins Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, and Revalations 4 games this generation

Guitar Hero:  Guitar Hero 2, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero 5, Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Guitar Hero Metallica, Guitar Hero Van Halen, Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Grand total of 10 games this generation

Singstar:  Singstar Abba, Singstar Queen, Singstar Motown, Singstar Chart Hits, Singstar Take That, Singstar Latino, Singstar Dance, Singstar Guitar, Singstar Back in the 80's, Grand total of 9 games this generation

Mario:  Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 8, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Sports Mix, that a total of 11 games this generation

Halo:  Halo 3, Reach, ODST, and Wars. 4 games this generation  (I would've included Halo CEA but since you stated that the HD remakes of PS2 games don't count then neither does Halo 1)

I'm just getting started if you would allow me to continue to put up more franchises that this generation on consoles alone have more releases or the same amount as Halo I would be more than happy to oblige.  Trust me this is fun

LOL You make this look too easy.       

ShadowSoldier said:
themanwithnoname said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Darc Requiem said:
ShadowSoldier said:
smroadkill15 said:
Wow people are giving MS a hard time for doing a single remake and maybe hinting at a second? This is the first remake MS has ever done for a game besides some XBLA's. How many times have Sony and Nintendo especially Nintendo have done remakes before?

Are you talking about the HD ports? You realize the majority of PS3 owners can't play PS2 games, so HD ports of said game are welcomed.

They wouldn't be necessary if Sony didn't remove BC from the PS3 in the first place.

This is true.

So are you going to retract your stance of it being ok for the PS3 to have PS2 ports, or are you going to tell me it's perfectly fine and dandy for them to do so when the only reason you deem them to be fine is because they removed a feature from the PS3 to make more money?

I was just lazy as hell at the time to write out a response tbh. But when Sony removed the BC it was so they could justify dropping the price of the console, something consumers everywhere were asking for. So in that aspect I'd say it was justified, even more so since they were still losing an absurd amount of money on each console sold and dropping the price wasn't exactly helping them make money off them now as it?

PS2 BC was very small part of the PS3 price. They had already removed the Emotion Engine from PS3s. Removing the Graphics Synthesizer saved them a grand total of $10 per unit.

brendude13 said:
worldlyfall said:

Why are you using your personal experience like its fact than?  Your personal experience means nothing, because i played a lot more Halo than you did. You played only 40 something games of Reach, so what experience do you really have? There are no more kids on Halo than any other game. As for parents, again facts? The only games parents buy for their kids that they know are meant for kids are WII games. If Halo is such a childish game ESRB would have rated it T or E, but no it’s rated M for mature. Parents actually look at the rating for games you know. Since when did raw and gritty become the benchmark for adult games, because Halo uses color it’s for kids? Again, as before you’re speaking through your ass.

Final Fantasy fans are obsessive, remember how crazy they went when it was announced for 360.

As for the quote, i already said the 343i said they are working on the new Halo trilogy for 10 years. The 360 won’t be around for 10 more years. They been working on Halo 4 for 2 years so far which means 343i is taking 3 years to release Halo 4, so how can they release Halo 6 in 2014? Activsion needs two, now three developers to release a COD game every year how can MS do it with one? As for the quote the reason why he said for the 360 cause as of now MS has not confirmed the new Xbox. So why would they hint at it? You’re taking that quote too literally. And God of war is Sony. MS won’t release their biggest franchise on their older platform, all that will do is hinder the sales of their new system. As of right now I am starting to think you’re a child since you argue like one.

Everything you said so far about Halo is typical fanboy hatred towards the franchise maybe that’s why you have a Halo hating rep on the site because you’re indeed a hater. If this was another game i beat you wouldn't care as much.

...I just know, Halo is very popular amongst kids, as is Call of Duty. You can't prove it, feel free to go around surverying thousands of people if you want though. Halo doesn't look like a very "mature" game, it has guns, that's it. Parents don't give a shit about ESRB, they just judge a book by its cover, Halo is a very innocent looking game, a game parents wouldn't hesitate to buy for their children. It's not as if parents gave a shit about what games their kids played as a whole. Anyway, enough about that comment, why do you find it so offensive? 

How the hell do you know how many games of Reach I have played? o.0

As for 343i saying that it will take them 10 years to make the trilogy, "you are taking their quote too literally ;)", as a matter of fact, I can't find anything about that. What I did find was a quote from Don Mattrick in THE E3 conference, saying that it will be a new trilogy for the XBOX 360, that quote hasn't been corrected or even commented on. Will the new Halo trilogy be on the XBOX 360? God knows, but if it is, then it is nothing short of milking.

Please, keep the immature mudslinging to a minimum, a little respect wouldn't hurt either.

As for God of War, I don't think 2 released retail games and one retail game in development is hardly milking, but enough about that as well.

I'm just telling the truth, I DON'T have a reputation of being a Halo hater on this website, I have barely even made comments about the game. "Again, as before, you're speaking through your ass ;)."

You just know? What sort of crap is that? You’re giving no facts at all only your personal belief. How old are you? You played a few matches online and you seem to think you know a lot. Such fanboyism.

Parents do care about ESRB ratings, you ever take a child developing course or any social science course in high school? Or are you still learning how to count by twos in pre K? Parents use ESRBs ratings when buying games for their kids, don’t sit there on your computer and give me bullshit. You’re full of it, its obvious, cannot argue with me without making things up to help you.

As for the innocent look, again what are you talking about? I look at the cover of a Halo game i see a soldier holding a gun. Look at the cover of any other shooter it’s basically the same thing. Heck Reach and Gears have the same type of cover. You know nothing at all do you?

As for the ten year cycle, 343i said it one of the videos about Halo CEA, if i find it, I will link it later but as of now you just seem to be a waste of time to even bother looking for it. Plus what do you mean how i know how much games you played. If you spend more than five minutes playing Halo you know you can see your  stats on bungie.net or Halo.xbox.com just type in your G-tag. There is a reason why i know you suck at the game and only played a few matches.

Here are my stats:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=WorldlyFall724 

Here is yours:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=brendude13&sg=0

Moving on.

Now you’re going to make me repeat myself. It’s taking 343i 3 years to make Halo 4. They cannot release the other two Halo games during the rest of the Xbox 360 life time because they don’t have the man power to do so. Activsion needs three devs to annualize COD, MS cannot do it with one. Also MS themselves said they will not annualize the franchise.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/halo-is-not-going-annual-according-to-microsoft/ 

Since they will not annualize the franchise and it takes 343i 3 years to make a game how can they do this during the 360 remaining life span of 3 years or so? They can’t so like I said you’re talking the quote to literally. I never seen someone take something to heart as much as you have before. It’s clear you’re a fanboy.

I didn’t insulting you at all.  You’re not speaking the truth you sound a tool to be honest. I will not give respect to a fanboy. Don’t argue about something you know nothing about, simple.

Here a tip if your going to reply use links to back up your claims, they will help you.

mantlepiecek said:
worldlyfall said:
mantlepiecek said:
BenVTrigger said:

Alright I don't generally get involved in the flameing wars going down on this site but whats been going on in this thread is just so rediculous I gotta just drop some straight up facts.  Let's do a quick comparison real quick with Halo and several key Sony  franchises.

God of War Franchise

God of War released in 2005

God of War 2 released in 2007

God of War Betrayal also released in 2007

God of War Chains of Olympus released in 2008

God of War Collectinon released in 2009

God of War 3 released in 2010

God of War Ghost of Sparta released in 2010

God of War Origins Collection will release in 2011.

Thats 8 God of War games in 6 years

Ratchet and Clank Franchise

Ratchet and Clank released in 2002

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando released in 2003

Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal released in 2004

Ratchet Deadlocked released in 2005

Ratchet and Clank Size matters released in 2007

Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of destruction released 2007

Secret Agent Clank released in 2008

Ratchet and Clank Future Quest for Booty released in 2008

Ratchet and Future a Crack in Time released in 2009

Ratchet and Clank All 4 One releases in 2011

That's 10 games in 9 Years

Halo Franchise

Halo Combat Evolved released in 2001

Halo 2 released in 2004

Halo 3 released in 2007

Halo Wars released in 2009

Halo 3 ODST released in 2009

Halo Reach released in 2010

Halo CE Anniversary releases in 2011

Halo 4 releases in 2012

Thats 8 games in 11 Years

Every company pushes lots of software out for big franchises.  I only did 2 Sony franchises here but I could have done several more, not to mention multi-plat games and Nintendo games.  In fact Halo in general has had longer between releases than really any game franchise its size.  Every single game has had a great score on Metacritic, fantastic sales, and a huge dedicated fanbase which request more.   Anyone in this thread claiming MS is "milking" needs to really stop kidding themselves.

5 Halo games three different studios and 2 different genres, one was an expansion, the other is a remake. Halo wars was a spin off. Halo 3 ODST was original supposed to be an online distributed expansion like the Gears of war 2 expansion. There will be a remake. So that leaves only two main games in that 4 year gap.

MS said they won’t annualize the Halo series and they can’t. They don’t have the man power to do so. Activsion needs three studios to annualize the COD franchise now, how can MS do it with one?

Here are some links so fanboys can go back to your forums:

http://gamefocus.ca/news/14518.html

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/12921/microsoft-halo-wont-be-yearly-franchise

http://www.qj.net/xbox-360/news/ms-halo-isnt-an-annual-thing.html

Basically the same interview in all the articles, can’t find the original IGN interview but this will do.

343i said they are working the new Halo trilogy for the next ten years. If you have half a brain you would know a trilogy is three games. Three games 10 years cannot be annualize. Simple to understand, right?  If Halo CE was not released in 2001, there would be no Halo game this year. They did not even announce Halo 2 remake. Why you ps3 folks are bitching about this i don't know. I have seen you posts in other threads you’re a ps3 fan. Why are you even on a Halo thread? Such a pathetic person, along with the others here with their double standards.

So much fanboyism in this thread it is ridiculous if this was another franchise there won’t be so much trolls.

Hopefully those links will shut people like you up.

So because I am a Sony fan I can't comment on MS? I have a 360 btw. There is a reason I prefer Sony over MS.

And MS will say what you want to hear. They won't annualise games like Reach and Halo 4, but they will keep on making a Halo game like ODST.

Wars is understandable. But what about ODST?

MS hasn't announced Halo 2, but they won't announce it outside E3. E3 2012 they will be delivering a shocker news to the fanbase "Halo 2 release date 2013 nov. etc etc blockbuster year once again!!!111"

Oh boy, you can see in the future with your crystal ball! -_-

I don’t have the time to argue with people like you. You’re a tool and you cannot spell, "annualise" LAWLZ.

I give you links with interviews, very recent interviews proving you wrong, yet you still continue. Apparently you know more about what MS is doing than MS themselves. I can’t wait till school opens so you kids can go back to your coloring and nap times keeping you off these gaming forums. Because this is just sad.

-mod edit-

This post has been moderated -twesterm

BenVTrigger said:

LOL .  Too funny.

Call of Duty (Notorious Milker).

Mario:   (Yup)

Halo:    (Yup)

Funny how when we get to Halo, we start to 'omit' results for arbitrary reasons.  Halo Combat Evolved, Rebuilt from the ground up is 100% different then God of War 2 being ported over to a Blu-Ray disc with upscaled visuals.  

It's just so funny to watch.  You think you're "PWNING" hardcore when you are just trying to find any reason possible to exclude repeated Halo release after another.   You still have yet to disprove me.  Halo resides as one of the most milked franchises out there today (Even with you omitting as many results as you possibly can. LOL.    Cold hard facts right there.

The worst part is, atleast Nintendo mixes Mario into just about every single genre on the planet.  He's been their icon since day one after all.   Other then Halo Wars, it's all the same thing.