By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Might “Not Have A Choice” But to Remake Halo 2 in HD

brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

I wouldn't care if the games were great, one franchise entry per year is overkill.

Well I guess we will have to just agree to disagree then.

Fair enough, but wouldn't you feel a bit burnt out after a while of playing a similar game over and over? I mean I love Uncharted, but if they make a 4th one I wouldn't feel so enthusiastic to buy it. One of the best aspects of a game is how fresh it feels. If you like a franchise, you need to build up a "thirst" before you play the next installment, 1 year is nowhere near enough time for me, I would want at least a 3 year gap.

Well for most games I would agree with but there are 2 game franchises that I just can't get enough of and they are Mass Effect and Halo.

Seriously I don't think there is such a thing as "too much" when it comes to those 2 franchises (unless the releases were so frequent that I didn't have enough time to play them before the next one came out)

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

I wouldn't care if the games were great, one franchise entry per year is overkill.

Fair enough, but wouldn't you feel a bit burnt out after a while of playing a similar game over and over? I mean I love Uncharted, but if they make a 4th one I wouldn't feel so enthusiastic to buy it. One of the best aspects of a game is how fresh it feels. If you like a franchise, you need to build up a "thirst" before you play the next installment, 1 year is nowhere near enough time for me, I would want at least a 3 year gap.

This, i think Ninty really mastered this, they make it so the fans have cottonmouth by the time a respective game comes out. 2 games per gen, in each franchise (mostly). But i think every two years is ok

hunter_alien said:
thekitchensink said:
Spedfrom said:
The very definition of milking a legion of willing and desiring sheep.

No, that would be Activision.

Halo and Halo 2 have been  very long-requested remakes--I'm surpried they held out this long.

Wrong. FF7 is a long requested remake. Halo CE: emake is just another quick cashin. TBH, with the remakes and a brand new Halo trilogy, I doubt that the universe will ever have any chance of becomming the top dog of FPSs ever again. Just admit it MS, you are doing it for the money, and if the first remake sells you will remake the second one to...

What a shock, MS make games chiefly in order to make money. As opposed to other video game companies that hate money?

Fact is, they made a game that their fans like so much that they want it to be remade. They said they would make it if enough people wanted it. That's exactly how the VG industry works. You and I don't need to like Halo, but that doesn't mean that those who do are sheep, or being milked.

Additionally, l2n farm. You do not generally milk sheep.

scottie said:
hunter_alien said:
thekitchensink said:
Spedfrom said:

Halo and Halo 2 have been  very long-requested remakes--I'm surpried they held out this long.

Wrong. FF7 is a long requested remake. Halo CE: emake is just another quick cashin. TBH, with the remakes and a brand new Halo trilogy, I doubt that the universe will ever have any chance of becomming the top dog of FPSs ever again. Just admit it MS, you are doing it for the money, and if the first remake sells you will remake the second one to...

What a shock, MS make games chiefly in order to make money. As opposed to other video game companies that hate money?

Fact is, they made a game that their fans like so much that they want it to be remade. They said they would make it if enough people wanted it. That's exactly how the VG industry works. You and I don't need to like Halo, but that doesn't mean that those who do are sheep, or being milked.

What? Surely you gest sir! Halo: CEA is obviously just a quick cash in, I mean just look at it, it's obvious that no real work was done on the graphics front at all! Meanwhile Sony has been nice enough to grace us by just doing remastered ports of the God of War PSP games. And why did they decide to do this, you ask? Because they love us I say!

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

1 year gap or a 3 year gap has alot of vairables you have left out.  Halo typically has alot of map packs to help keep the game feeling fresh until the next game release for instance.  Otherwise, the campaign is all you have to play.  Without the online multi-player aspect of games like these there is not alot to stay excited over... If anything fans play because they like this genre and there's little else to sastisfy then.  So what most people play 'over and over' in FPS's like Halo and COD are the online multi-player games - not the campaign - And again the muli-player aspect is updated fairly frequently with map packs as well as sometimes monthly updates to multiplayer online games list ( types of games and changes in rules ) and tweaks to little things to keep online gaming fresh.. 

So from a valid point of view.. Any game whether it be Uncharted, Halo, or COD could come out more often  .. every 2 yrs ( as Halo seems to be going - *2+ years between Reach and Halo 4* ) with less or no map packs.. With less or no map pack releases gamers would have to rely on a new game release for those maps instead ( this seems to be why COD comes out more often and it works for COD )... Faster releases lke this ( again with no map packs or fewer )  would bring a welcomed new campaign out sooner and more often ... Complete game releases  would now bring in fresh maps you are no longer getting as often as you did under 4 year releases of Halo like you did between Halo 2, 3 and Reach...  Alot of non-Halo fans like to throw in that Halo was released more often then every 4 yrs.. actually it wasnt.. Halo Wars was a completely different genre.. Halo Wars was not a first person shooter - It was a turned based 'Command and Conquer' board game on a console that used Halo pieces instead of knights and foot soldiers..  Halo ODST was originally supposed to be a downloadable expansion on Halo 3.. ( like the map packs ).. but it was so big it was decided it would be released on its own DVD and come with an additional DVD that contained ALL the map packs for those who had not already downloaded them... all this at a reduced price - since it was not a "full game" ... The next real installment of Halo, which is Halo 4, will be released about 2.5 yrs away from Reach, instead of the 4 year cycle.. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
themanwithnoname said:
scottie said:
hunter_alien said:
thekitchensink said:
Spedfrom said:

What? Surely you gest sir! Halo: CEA is obviously just a quick cash in, I mean just look at it, it's obvious that no real work was done on the graphics front at all! Meanwhile Sony has been nice enough to grace us by just doing remastered ports of the God of War PSP games. And why did they decide to do this, you ask? Because they love us I say!

bravo sir.

Since well already know the graphics were completely updated to 2011 standards this is completely worthless  attempt of a non halo fan to anger others who want to buy a game they love.  By definition you should be banned for purposefully insitgating in a forum ..

brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:

Actually I am certain there will be a Halo game every year yet every Halo game will have more than 1 year of dev time simply because 343 studios is a rather large studio so each game will get the care it deserves (I am almost certain of that) and Halo fans get an awesome Halo game every year!

Activision I think needs 3 large stuidos to release COD yearly.. 343i and MS have many recent videos and articles online stating releases may be ever 2 to 3 yrs, but they cant handle a yearly release via available manpower ..  If they did have yearly releases though they would cash in like COD has.. Instead of releasing map packs more often for refreshes to the game they would just be releasing the game with a new fresh campaign so map packs wouldnt be needed.. so yes the game would sell great on a yearly release.. again COD which does this.. People mainly play it for the online .. but with yearly releases campaigns would come faster making that a good thing.. HALO CEA only updates the graphics, not the engine ( except online part which uses Reach's engine ), and and 343i had help of another company that specializes in graphics to update Halo CEA's graphics.. so 343i didnt have to do nearly as much as they would've with Halo CEA.. they purposefully didnt touch the campaign engine as to not take away the gameplay the original fans loved about it..