By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Might “Not Have A Choice” But to Remake Halo 2 in HD

BenVTrigger said:

mantlepiecek said:

8 God of War games out of which many are for PSP. If you include only those for the PS3 you will see that its not as many as Halo. And with origins all God of War games will be made for the PS3. If you do include PSP games then that would be like including Mass effect 2 on PSN and Mass effect 2 on PS3/360 as seperate games.

Ratchet and Clank is milked franchise. Its common knowledge.

Also look at the bolded. 5 Halo games between 2009 and 2012.

MS should just start announcing when they are not releasing a Halo game from now on. That would be more convinient.

1st I have zero idea why you would try to pretend like releasing a game for the PSP means something.  It doesn't in any way shape or form and its still just pushing more games in the same franchise.  But tell you what allow me to continue the owning of this thread real quick.

Metal Gear Solid titles released since 2004

Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snake released in 2004

Metal Gear Solid 3:  Snake Eater released in 2004

Metal Gear Acid released in 2004

Metal Gear Acid 2 released in 2005

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops released in 2006

Metal Gear Acid Mobile released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid Mobile released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots released in 2008

Metal Gear Online released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid Touch released in 2008

Metal Gear Acid 2 Mobile released in 2009

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker released in 2010

Metal Gear Arcade released in 2010

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection realases in 2011

Metal Gear Solid Rising releases in 2012

That's 15 games in 7 years.

Mario has appeared in 77 games since his original creation in 1981 so that 77 games in 30 years.

There's been 33 Singstar games ( a Sony 1st party game) since its creation in 2004.  That's 33 games in 7 years.

Trust me you don't want to continue down this path with me.  I will win all day with ease while putting forth very little effort.  As I said if anyone truely believes Halo is a milked IP they either A) Simply don't know their history and statistical facts or B) is overly biased on the topic at hand.  Pick your poison.

Halo is milked. So is Call of duty.

Just because something else is also milked, doesn't make Halo not milked.

Here let me simplify it for you.

There are a total of 5 God of War games. That is all.

God of War 1, 2, 3, Ghost of Sparta, Chains of Olympus.

Out of which now Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta went multi platform. Is this too complicated?

When Mass effect 2 went multi-platform, it wasn't milking, it was reaching new audiences. There is a huge difference in that and milking.

And the latter two are spin-offs priced at $40 for two games. The exact opposite of milking. If we get a halo collection on the PS3 would you consider that as milking? But you are actually getting it on the 360 where there is a halo 1 and 2 available already.

Why bring singstar in when I already said it was milked? What next you are going to bring in MLB the show as well??

And about the metal gear part, you realize that kowenicki already gave that example?

Metal Gear is a multiplatform series as well. This generation we have seen what 2 metal gear games? Just because a game went multiplatform doesn't mean its being milked.

Around the Network
worldlyfall said:
mantlepiecek said:

So because I am a Sony fan I can't comment on MS? I have a 360 btw. There is a reason I prefer Sony over MS.

And MS will say what you want to hear. They won't annualise games like Reach and Halo 4, but they will keep on making a Halo game like ODST.

Wars is understandable. But what about ODST?

MS hasn't announced Halo 2, but they won't announce it outside E3. E3 2012 they will be delivering a shocker news to the fanbase "Halo 2 release date 2013 nov. etc etc blockbuster year once again!!!111"

Oh boy, you can see in the future with your crystal ball! -_-

I don’t have the time to argue with people like you. You’re a tool and you cannot spell, "annualise" LAWLZ.

I give you links with interviews, very recent interviews proving you wrong, yet you still continue. Apparently you know more about what MS is doing than MS themselves. I can’t wait till school opens so you kids can go back to your coloring and nap times keeping you off these gaming forums. Because this is just sad.

Annualise and annualize are both correct usages in English. One is a north American another is UK.

LAWLZ is actually spelt as lol. LAWLZ has no meaning whereas lol means laugh out loud.

o_O.Q said:
lol microsoft defense force out in fulll force

Lol haha, wait.... i'm in the Microsoft defence force now?

You sir , are talking about a guy who owns over 90 PS3 games, 250+ PS2 games, and a LOT Of PSP/PS1/PSwhatever games and got 2 PS3s, 4 PS2's , 2 PSP's , 3 PS1's , heck even a PocketStation,  and most recently and Xperia play.......  try again.

i'm never anyone's defence force i just use common sense and knowledge.

Just let the ps3 fanboys think what they want. You give them simple logic but instead they keep on going milkiiiing milkiiiing. That's the behavior of a 10 year old child. It is really irritating, why are you so annoyed about halo? I'm starting to think you are jalous because the playstation doesn't have such a franchise. So come up with real facts ( and not again the childish ones like oooh it's for childs or it's a console game so handheld games of the psp don't count blabla...). Again if you have proof halo is not awsome and not something else than just your opinion come and show us. But otherwise keep your fanboyish mouth and let us talk about halo the way we like

mantlepiecek said:
worldlyfall said:
mantlepiecek said:
BenVTrigger said:

Alright I don't generally get involved in the flameing wars going down on this site but whats been going on in this thread is just so rediculous I gotta just drop some straight up facts.  Let's do a quick comparison real quick with Halo and several key Sony  franchises.

God of War Franchise

God of War released in 2005

God of War 2 released in 2007

God of War Betrayal also released in 2007

God of War Chains of Olympus released in 2008

God of War Collectinon released in 2009

God of War 3 released in 2010

God of War Ghost of Sparta released in 2010

God of War Origins Collection will release in 2011.

Thats 8 God of War games in 6 years

Ratchet and Clank Franchise

Ratchet and Clank released in 2002

Ratchet and Clank Going Commando released in 2003

Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal released in 2004

Ratchet Deadlocked released in 2005

Ratchet and Clank Size matters released in 2007

Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of destruction released 2007

Secret Agent Clank released in 2008

Ratchet and Clank Future Quest for Booty released in 2008

Ratchet and Future a Crack in Time released in 2009

Ratchet and Clank All 4 One releases in 2011

That's 10 games in 9 Years

Halo Franchise

Halo Combat Evolved released in 2001

Halo 2 released in 2004

Halo 3 released in 2007

Halo Wars released in 2009

Halo 3 ODST released in 2009

Halo Reach released in 2010

Halo CE Anniversary releases in 2011

Halo 4 releases in 2012

Thats 8 games in 11 Years

Every company pushes lots of software out for big franchises.  I only did 2 Sony franchises here but I could have done several more, not to mention multi-plat games and Nintendo games.  In fact Halo in general has had longer between releases than really any game franchise its size.  Every single game has had a great score on Metacritic, fantastic sales, and a huge dedicated fanbase which request more.   Anyone in this thread claiming MS is "milking" needs to really stop kidding themselves.

8 God of War games out of which many are for PSP. If you include only those for the PS3 you will see that its not as many as Halo. And with origins all God of War games will be made for the PS3. If you do include PSP games then that would be like including Mass effect 2 on PSN and Mass effect 2 on PS3/360 as seperate games.

MS should just start announcing when they are not releasing a Halo game from now on. That would be more convinient.

5 Halo games three different studios and 2 different genres, one was an expansion, the other is a remake. Halo wars was a spin off. Halo 3 ODST was original supposed to be an online distributed expansion like the Gears of war 2 expansion. There will be a remake. So that leaves only two main games in that 4 year gap.

MS said they won’t annualize the Halo series and they can’t. They don’t have the man power to do so. Activsion needs three studios to annualize the COD franchise now, how can MS do it with one?

Here are some links so fanboys can go back to your forums:

http://gamefocus.ca/news/14518.html

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/12921/microsoft-halo-wont-be-yearly-franchise

http://www.qj.net/xbox-360/news/ms-halo-isnt-an-annual-thing.html

Basically the same interview in all the articles, can’t find the original IGN interview but this will do.

343i said they are working the new Halo trilogy for the next ten years. If you have half a brain you would know a trilogy is three games. Three games 10 years cannot be annualize. Simple to understand, right?  If Halo CE was not released in 2001, there would be no Halo game this year. They did not even announce Halo 2 remake. Why you ps3 folks are bitching about this i don't know. I have seen you posts in other threads you’re a ps3 fan. Why are you even on a Halo thread? Such a pathetic person, along with the others here with their double standards.

So much fanboyism in this thread it is ridiculous if this was another franchise there won’t be so much trolls.

Hopefully those links will shut people like you up.

So because I am a Sony fan I can't comment on MS? I have a 360 btw. There is a reason I prefer Sony over MS.

And MS will say what you want to hear. They won't annualise games like Reach and Halo 4, but they will keep on making a Halo game like ODST.

Wars is understandable. But what about ODST?

MS hasn't announced Halo 2, but they won't announce it outside E3. E3 2012 they will be delivering a shocker news to the fanbase "Halo 2 release date 2013 nov. etc etc blockbuster year once again!!!111"

Stop. Just stop.

ODST was always planned as DLC. Bungie actually realised they had way to much content for a DLC release so decided on a Half Life expansion style game. 

Just because 1 yes 1 Expansion of Halo has been made, you presume there will be expansions for Halo from here on in. You have no basis to believe this and are pure mud slinging.

Halo is the only franchise that sells the amount it does and does not have a regular release time so close. 

ODST is to Halo 3 what Blue Shift or Episodes 1 -3 was to Half Life. It lent a perspective of story on a game which 10's of millions love. 

People want it and buy it. 

As a Halo fan I'd rather play Anniversary than any other brand new iP out this year. So if the demand is there and I and many others WANT this game, why should anyone be upset that we exist. M$ are a company that dont release their main titles all of the time. 

Around the Network
Rpruett said:
BenVTrigger said:

mantlepiecek said:

1st I have zero idea why you would try to pretend like releasing a game for the PSP means something.  It doesn't in any way shape or form and its still just pushing more games in the same franchise.  But tell you what allow me to continue the owning of this thread real quick.

Metal Gear Solid titles released since 2004

Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snake released in 2004

Metal Gear Solid 3:  Snake Eater released in 2004

Metal Gear Acid released in 2004

Metal Gear Acid 2 released in 2005

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops released in 2006

Metal Gear Acid Mobile released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid Mobile released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots released in 2008

Metal Gear Online released in 2008

Metal Gear Solid Touch released in 2008

Metal Gear Acid 2 Mobile released in 2009

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker released in 2010

Metal Gear Arcade released in 2010

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection realases in 2011

Metal Gear Solid Rising releases in 2012

That's 15 games in 7 years.

Mario has appeared in 77 games since his original creation in 1981 so that 77 games in 30 years.

There's been 33 Singstar games ( a Sony 1st party game) since its creation in 2004.  That's 33 games in 7 years.

Trust me you don't want to continue down this path with me.  I will win all day with ease while putting forth very little effort.  As I said if anyone truely believes Halo is a milked IP they either A) Simply don't know their history and statistical facts or B) is overly biased on the topic at hand.  Pick your poison.

In terms of console gaming,  which is what most of us are referring to in this thread (As Halo is in fact a console game).  It's one of the most milked console franchises currently on the market.  Falling in close proximity to Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, etc. There is very few games on the market that have been milked as hard as Halo has this generation.  Very few.

Grasping at straws on 'Upscaled' PS2 games is really reaching to epic proportions.  Even more pathetic is trying to incorporate Handhelds.   Just imagine if Microsoft had a handheld. Jesus Christ,  We would have 14 Halos on the market from 2009-2011.  

Halo is one of the worst violaters in the industry today.  It's fine if it's all good and you enjoy the games but denying this just shows your true position and makes me laugh hysterically as you try to stand on your broken platform.

This.

Handhelds, mini-games or reasonably priced ports shouldn't be brought into the equation, they are completely different, we are specifically talking about retail priced games on one console.

What kowenicki says is true, we are talking about the franchise, not the console. So you come here OOOH BLABLA HALO IS MILKED BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE THAN GAMES!!!!! When we show you that mgs had 15 games in the same tima amount it is:Handhelds, mini-games or reasonably priced ports shouldn't be brought into the equation, they are completely different, So I ask you how is a portable game from the MGS serie different than the one the console? They are not, it's still the same franchise. So stop making ridiculous excuses to prove your right ( wich you don't have) and give us some real facts why halo is milked and those other ps franchises aren't

More than 5 halos^^

selnor said:

Stop. Just stop.

ODST was always planned as DLC. Bungie actually realised they had way to much content for a DLC release so decided on a Half Life expansion style game. 

Just because 1 yes 1 Expansion of Halo has been made, you presume there will be expansions for Halo from here on in. You have no basis to believe this and are pure mud slinging.

Halo is the only franchise that sells the amount it does and does not have a regular release time so close. 

ODST is to Halo 3 what Blue Shift or Episodes 1 -3 was to Half Life. It lent a perspective of story on a game which 10's of millions love. 

People want it and buy it. 

As a Halo fan I'd rather play Anniversary than any other brand new iP out this year. So if the demand is there and I and many others WANT this game, why should anyone be upset that we exist. M$ are a company that dont release their main titles all of the time. 

I wasn't talking about the expansions.

But I can now see why the MS doesn't care about new IPs that much. Most people in this thread pretty much confirm that they would rather play halo every year than play something else.

kowenicki said:
Rpruett said:

In terms of console gaming,  which is what most of us are referring to in this thread (As Halo is in fact a console game).  It's one of the most milked console franchises currently on the market.  Falling in close proximity to Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, etc. There is very few games on the market that have been milked as hard as Halo has this generation.  Very few.

Grasping at straws on 'Upscaled' PS2 games is really reaching to epic proportions.  Even more pathetic is trying to incorporate Handhelds.   Just imagine if Microsoft had a handheld. Jesus Christ,  We would have 14 Halos on the market from 2009-2011.  

Halo is one of the worst violaters in the industry today.  It's fine if it's all good and you enjoy the games but denying this just shows your true position and makes me laugh hysterically as you try to stand on your broken platform.

huh?.... a shoddy upscale of an old game is the epitome of milking... surely.  eff all effort for maximum profit.

Lol dude I know, these kids litteraly do not understand what the term "milking"  means I honestly just had one try to tell me that it was 100% ok for Sony to re-release the God of war game with only upscaled resolution for $40 but it isn't ok for MS to full revamp Halo 1 including a brand new graphics engine, orchestral score, and updates to multiplayer Xbox Live and Co-op for only $40.

The sheer ignorance involved hear is kind of blowing my mind.  This isn't even opinion based this is just facts, God of War a franchise that is YEARS younger than Halo already has more re-releases than Halo has in its entire history.  I don't even think they realize that God of War 1 came out in 2005 and God of War 2 in 2007, those games aren't even that old and yet they are saying that its totally justifiable to re-release them, and yet Halo 1 a game which came out in 2001 is "milking" to re-release it. 

This doesn't come down to them thinking this is about milking.  It comes down to them being upset that a re-release of a 10 year old exclusive game is going to outsell every single 1st party exclusive PS3 has this year besides possibly Uncharted 3.  And the strangest part is I freaking LOVE God of War and am 2 trophies away from Platinum on it for God of War 3 and yet I still have to argue this stuff with these kids.......