By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up! 13th August

So with Japan, 3DS will be about 310,000.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Machina said:
pezus said:
Wow, PS3 outsold the 360 by almost 25k in EMEAA

Want me to play the role of Zlejedi? 

*RAWR RAWR RAWR *Spits* fuuuuu arghh Rawr*

I'm an idiot who did not see this thread so I posted another one only to realize this one has been up for 20 minutes now. Please forgive my stupidity.
OT: 3ds sales are just sad. I think the price cut was only one day there thus far, so I guess next week will be much better.

Edit: It was 40 minutes late which makes me look even stupider than usual.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

RolStoppable said:
JGarret said:
Rol, how likely is it these numbers for the 3DS are more or less right, in your opinion?...in the thread about U.S. sales, Ben said he thought VGChartz is vastly undertracking the system.

If these numbers are indeed more or less correct..talk about an extremely surprising, negative outcome..what is it that could 'save' this system?...I not always agree with Malstrom, but I think he´s right about this one...abandon the whole GameCube esque approach.

It's pretty much guaranteed that the American numbers are far off. The EMEAA numbers are probably off as well, but to a lesser degree.

But anyway, whatever the actual numbers are, Nintendo has to drop their Gamecube direction. There's no way around this to ensure longterm success. What Nintendo currently does simply isn't what the market wants from a handheld (aside from a small subset). In just a few months time it has come to Nintendo selling hardware at a loss, a sure sign that something is wrong with this system. The Gamecube direction means less games (more development time) and less sales for these games. Nintendo is nuts for abandoning a successful business model.

Yeah, there´s absolutely no logic in what Nintendo has been doing, so the only explanation left is the one Malstrom says...they´re doing it because they want to, because of some sick 3D obsession...Miyamoto has way too much free will in the company, they let him do pretty much anything he wants, the guy has to be brought back to earth.

Actually thesource said Media Create could have the 3DS at 150k in Japan so if VGC is between MC and Famitsu we could end up with having the 3DS under 300k. But that is before adjustments as I'm thinking it's undertracked. It was sold out at many places so unless it was already in low stock I think NPD will show bigger numbers.

Around the Network

Maybe we should wait for next weeks numbers to judge the effect of the 3DS price drop?

It wouldn't be the first time people go bonkers over something not lifting sales... and one week later we see a substantial lift.

Maybe ioi could tell us more...

Wait they have DS outselling 3DS in EMEAA during a massive price drop week for the 3DS?

I have no idea in terms of estimates for EMEAA since all my info comes domestically in NA but that sure doesn't seem right. Who knows though maybe 3DS has truely bombed hard there.

Wow Nintendomination as far as software goes! They own 9 games out of the top 10 and 18 games out of the top 20!

atma998 said:
Wow Nintendomination as far as software goes! They own 9 games out of the top 10 and 18 games out of the top 20!

Lol it has been so long since I've seen that word

wtf?? DS outsells 3DS??