By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up! 13th August

ethomaz said:
snakenobi said:

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Racer
38 7,227 4,013,395

With Americas it sold 12,422 this week... around 14k for WW is almost certain .

ethomaz, is it supposed to be good? where is your comparison with GT4?

Around the Network
atma998 said:
ethomaz said:
snakenobi said:

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Racer
38 7,227 4,013,395

With Americas it sold 12,422 this week... around 14k for WW is almost certain .

ethomaz, is it supposed to be good? where is your comparison with GT4?

Hummm... weeks ago GT5 was selling below 10k... so the increased to 14k is good.

And after week 31 GT4 is not more in TOP40... I can't know the sold units for it.

Sony has done a very good job at handling their price cut compared to what Nintendo did on the Wii a few months ago.

Less than 2 weeks from the cut and the sales number hardly dipped.....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Zlejedi said:
Machina said:
pezus said:
Wow, PS3 outsold the 360 by almost 25k in EMEAA

Want me to play the role of Zlejedi? 

Fell free through i'm not sure where you are going to find that 4th region that would send x360 to the top ;)

Antarctica is heavily undertracked! MS buries unsold XB360s and Kinects there, in the ice, to try and dodge landfill memes.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Ail said:

Sony has done a very good job at handling their price cut compared to what Nintendo did on the Wii a few months ago.

In the area I live, several shops have had special sales of various PS3 units/bundles at reduced prices (about half of what is to come) within the past few weeks. Might have happened in other countries, too. Also price reduction rumours are usually just that and are not reported in the news so people simply don't know.

Around the Network

LOL PS3 more than 20k ahead of 360 does ps3 really need a price cut?

Ping_ii said:

LOL PS3 more than 20k ahead of 360 does ps3 really need a price cut?

Compared to last year, yes.

drkohler said:
Ail said:

In the area I live, several shops have had special sales of various PS3 units/bundles at reduced prices (about half of what is to come) within the past few weeks. Might have happened in other countries, too. Also price reduction rumours are usually just that and are not reported in the news so people simply don't know.

Still a much better job than other console makers where usually sales start to dip heavilly 2-3 weeks before a price cut takes effect...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !